ITT: coolest musicians ever

ITT: coolest musicians ever

I mean cool as in having swagger, like a cowboy

I don't nessasairly think Lou Reed was a great person, but he was talented af and looked badass in the heroin wrap around shades

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_XnBTbIck8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tom waites.

when it comes to heroin wraps, spacemen 3 or even royal trux > vu

J Spacemen was cool as fuck. Not better than VU though.

whats the name of that weirdo who always wears the funny slanted sunglasses

>heroin wrap around shades
those were actually his mothers cataract glasses

BASED HOMME

Homme hasn't been cool since Songs for the Deaf.

Cowboy you say?

Nah bruh, he's cooler now than he's ever been. Classier=cooler

Making super group after super group with old washed up rockstars because your own band can't bring in the cash anymore and pretending someone in the audience pissed you off just so you can look like a cool guy and tell them off on stage isn't classy or cool. Homme is a fag now.

>your own band can't bring in the cash anymore

Bruh ...Like Clockwork was QOTSA's first album to debut at #1 in the charts, so to attribute his myriad of side projects to a lack of money rather than a desire to explore creatively is stupid and inaccurate.

Like Clockwork was dog shit.
Just like Era Vulgaris was dog shit and Lullabies was dog shit.
He stopped being a rock musician and became a mainstream faggot.

>became a mainstream faggot

So progressing as a musician by creating more complex compositions, bringing in an array of unique instruments to achieve different soundscapes, and creating more thought-provoking music rather than hardcore bro rock (granted I thoroughly enjoyed that era of Queens) is becoming a mainstream faggot? I'd even go as far as to make the argument that Clockwork and Vulgaris were their most inaccessible and least radio friendly music they've created.

>So progressing as a musician by creating more complex compositions, bringing in an array of unique instruments to achieve different soundscapes, and creating more thought-provoking music
That is not what he's doing and you fucking know it you stupid shit.

>I'd even go as far as to make the argument that Clockwork and Vulgaris were their most inaccessible and least radio friendly music they've created.
>Like Clockwork was QOTSA's first album to debut at #1 in the charts

I think songs like Keep your eyes peeled, Vampyre, I Appear Missing, and the titular track on Clockwork prove that he is VERY well doing that.

>cool musicians XDD
you must be over 18

Well luckily your opinions don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.
I'll be over here laughing at how he funds shit bands like Arctic Monkeys and gives hand outs to aging rock stars while he himself fades into obscurity.

You know, my opinion really dosent mean shit, but I'm still glad I was able to share my opinions and engage in a debate over subjects that mean a lot to me with someone as worthy as you, user, with your great arguments such as:

>...Like Clockwork is dog shit
>Vulgaris is dog shit
>Homme's a mainstream faggot

We'll debated, sir

>being a bitter Kyussfag
>m-muh Oliveri!!!!1!
my sides

Pretty much

I could care less about Kyuss.
They had a handful of decent tracks but that's it.
And whether Nick made the band or not, I don't know.
All I know is that he left and the whole thing turned into this Halloween emo bullshit that has persisted to this day.

>CTRL+F
>no Billy Joel

Fuck off, Sup Forums

you can't cage the Haino

>being this mad
>muh low tunings
>synths and pianos don't belong in rock!!!1!

Nigga just calm down because Homme is making way better music than he was 15 years ago

No, he isn't.
Fifteen years ago he was writing real songs.
Not songs about werewolves and vampires.

I think he has lots of curly hair and made avant garde music

>I could care less

Well, they aren't bad.
If you took all their good tracks you'd probably have one pretty good album.

>not songs about werewolves and vampyres

I believe you are referencing "The Vampyre of Time and Memory". Kind of funny how you took that metaphor literally. Spoken like someone who hasn't actually listened to FUCKING SONG let alone read the lyrics, which, funny enough, has nothing to do with Vampires. Also, for the record buddy, most of Homme's songs that take on a whimsical or fantasy theme are 9 times out of 10 metaphors and not meant to be taken seriously. So it's either you took the songs at face value, or you never even listened to them. Not trying to be a douche, but GOD was that a stupid argument.

Whether they're metaphors or not they're childish and lazy.
Its a damn shame that Clockwork ended up being the limp dick that it was when Homme actually grew as a vocalist with Era Vulgaris.
But its all still dark moody fucking mainstream crap.
Era Vulgaris and Like Clockwork fit perfectly next to My Chemical Romance and Arcade Fire.

Always looking like a huge tryhard, fuck off

He's got a platinum tooth now so he looks like an asshole whenever he opens his mouth.
You don't even have to hear what he says anymore.

Always looking like a huge tryhard, fuck off

Jeff Lynne

Even without the platinum tooth he looks like a douche

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

>I believe you are referencing "The Vampyre of Time and Memory". Kind of funny how you took that metaphor literally.
>has nothing to do with Vampires

Really? Then what was with the videos?
>The video shows "embalmed-looking Josh Homme" and rest of the band performing in a set of increasingly macabre locales, including "a taxidermist’s parlor," accompanied by "two maids and one voodoo priestess."
>The viewers of the interactive video are able to tour "a haunted house" which the band is performing in and flip through the song's lyrics

Homme was in dark place when he wrote most of those songs, and therefore the music reflected that. He literally fucking flatlined and essentially DIED during a leg surgery and came back. You know what that does to somebody? He probably views life in a completely different way than 90% of the populace as a result of that. He used metaphors like that to get across the point of mortality and that NO ONE is safe regardless of how much closure you feel. The fact that you lump that piece existential art with shit like MCR and Arcade Fire makes my fucking blood boil. And I still don't get the argument that like clockwork is mainstream sounding even though it is literally the most unorthodox album Queens had put out as a band. And yes, by definition, Clockwork was mainstream since it debuted at #1. But do you know how much more popular your precious SFTD is? Its sold so much more copies (mainly due to how long it's been out) and has their BIGGEST single on it: No One Knows which STILL gets regular radio play. I've never heard a Clockwork song on the radio ONCE. Knocking something as being "moody mainstream crap" because it explores more important and deep themes than any of their other discography is way more childish than any metaphors Homme could think up.

He's been in a dark place for ten years.
He needs to get his nuts back from Peaches and man the fuck up, start making music for adults again.

>Really? Then what was the video?

Obviously enforcing the metaphor through a visual medium to further establish a concrete mood and feeling that the listener can identify with.

>Billy Joel
>Cool

lol, sure thing mom.

Its a fucking haunted house.
Its exactly what I told you. Its shitty Halloween music and they market it as such.
The metaphors and shit do not matter. He is making music for moody children because that's what he is now.

>I could care less

Just because you can't appreciate somebody going out of their way to establish a theme and setting to convey their message doesn't make it fucking Halloween music. Hell, Hospice by the Antlers which is adored here on. Sup Forums tells the story of a Hospice worker and a cancer patient who are in a relationship when it clearly is a metaphor for a destructive relationship. Building things up like this makes art much more powerful and creative. Fuck, I mean do you think Animals by Pink Floyd is straight up about real fucking animals since the lyrics talk about animals and Waters unleashes a pig at his live Animals shows? It's called painting a picture to convey a message man aka art.

yeah he does some weird stuff, but a lot of it isnt that bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=7_XnBTbIck8

>Just because you can't appreciate somebody going out of their way to establish a theme and setting to convey their message doesn't make it fucking Halloween music
Its the same fucking theme they've had for a fucking decade now!
He needs to GROW THE FUCK UP and move the fuck on.
But instead he's hanging out with geriatric rockstars and hosting radio shows and cooking with Anthony fucking Bordaine.
He's a washed up old fuck who doesn't know how to make good music anymore.
We'd have been better off if they hadn't resuscitated him.

chris isaak, elvis, roy orbison, johnny cash, bob dylan, bobby darin. Can't think of anymore

Mark sandman was the king of cool