Is he the greatest living songwriter?

is he the greatest living songwriter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQu0S62MS98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope

Pic related is still alive.

Car Seat Headrest has more 'good' albums than Dylan.

I hate Bob Dylan but yeah as long as he's alive you can't keep him out of the top 3.

Nick Cave, IMO

he's one of them honestly

Thom Yorke, Julian Casablancas, Win Butler, Joanna Newsom, Sufjan Stevens, Avey Tare, Panda Bear, Will Toledo, James Murphy are the best active ones around

>mfw i look his show up and tickets are $45-55 each

jesus, theyre not an indie act anymore huh?

no, they're just inflated because all his fans are rich trust fund babbies

Last I checked, Paul McCartney was still alive.

Last I checked he died quite some time ago

paul simon is still out there

I dunno OP.

Jamie Lenman is pretty fuckin' sick

this guy is fucking disgusting

this dude is a fucking hack, he is even carrying an axe

How mad is Sup Forums that he's actually made it for real?

youtube.com/watch?v=HQu0S62MS98

Also yeah, he's a great songwriter praised by a shitton of other famous songwriters and music critics.

my brother got a ticket for cleveland and that was only $5

t. cucks

He should demand his money back

In ten years, we'll see how many musicians are calling him their inspiration/referencing his work.

You can't tell shit about someone while it's going on.

so proud of him.

stay mad Sup Forums

lmfao kys

>how to spot a contrarian 101

I'm traveling right now, and am currently in Denmark. I saw a Danish guy with a Carseat Headrest shirt today, so he's doing something right I guess.

If that piece of shit becomes an inspiration I weep for future music.

underrated post

Ayy I'm going to that too. Never been to a show at the hall of fame before.

This is literally what I imagine every white Sup Forumstant to look like

Wtf are you on mate jesus christ

I've never listened to him before so I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but this is just boring power pop

fuck off, will.

Just imagine this: In the months, perhaps years you were stuck in here, getting old enough to know that meme, looking for every thread about the band so you could repost it, he was making music. He was doing shows, starting slowly, getting attention, gaining fans, then a record label, then recording and relasing his introduction, then his first proper album... In those years, he produced critically acclaimed music, met and became friends of musicians he admired all throughout his life, even realizing his dream of being cited by They Might Be Giants, played huge shows with crowds that sang along to every chorus, and turned himself into the money-making, indie darling he is now. And everyone who saw his struggle cheered every step of the way, finding some inspiration in the fact that he made it. No formal training. A car and a laptop. And he made it.

And during all those times, all these years, your life has boiled down to staying at home, searching for threads, typing "fuck off, Will", with an incredibly false sense of superiority.

Just imagine that.

Half of Dylan's albums were mediocre and he STILL has 12x as many good albums as CSH

I quite like this dude

It's Joanna Newsom tho

Can you give me an example of a great piece from panda bear?
I've listened to them before and didn't find anything that amazing.

I agree with the other name drops though!