What will hip hop sound like in 10 years?

What will hip hop sound like in 10 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/nick_colletti/suh-my-fuh-dih-bih
youtu.be/KDspPjlySyg
youtube.com/watch?v=PJFShE1VfEc
youtube.com/watch?v=d86ZyAaYI_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bjork is trying to make a VR album and she worked with Arca so I think it will sound like that.

who knows. some lesser known branches might blow up and there might be a revival of others

it will not sound because the hip hop sucks movement that will emerge in 2019 killed it.

>will emerge
>killed
senpai

Hip-Hop will be dead in the next few years

i think that with all this shit with black lives matter and killing cops g funk or west coast sound in general will make a huge resurgence and dethrone trap music

i feel like social justice is kind of a trend and itll die out in the next couple of years before any actual changes are made
i doubt "conscious" hip hop will have a market for much longer

Still Brazy is a great example of how the g funk sound can still sound fresh and modern

>it will not sound
kek

The next generation is going to be inspired by guys like Drake, Future, Young Thug, Yachty,etc. It'll be interersting to see how that sounds. I'd say we're in a golden age of hip hop and hopefully it stays like this for a long time.

Rhyming and actual words will go out the window, not entirely but it'll become extremely common (think young thug but purposefully unintelligible, unironically). Everyone will laugh until kanye proclaims the key proponents as the future of music and then releases an album with no lyrics, just scatting and tune singing. It'll be hailed as genius and visionary. This will be the lead influence on black rappers. "Underground" White rappers will continue to follow the plot of southern rap from the 90s and eventually all sound like outkast or chamillionaire. Mainstream white rap will eventually become pitbull. I reckon.

The same as it is now, shit

desu I don't know, but when do y'all think trap will sound dated? To me some forms of southern inspired rap (i.e. cloud rap) are already starting to sound dated. Trap rap is also sounding a little dated and monotone these days

Probably a lot like this

soundcloud.com/nick_colletti/suh-my-fuh-dih-bih

This. This is actually what I can most realistically see happening, thanks to current trends.

>Everyone will laugh until kanye proclaims the key proponents as the future of music and then releases an album with no lyrics, just scatting and tune singing. It'll be hailed as genius and visionary.
Fuck I can see this happening way too easily

RAED will go down as the most forward-thinking hip hop artist of the decade

youtu.be/KDspPjlySyg

realistically it will be influenced by death grips

we're in the worst possible age of hip hop. its all unoriginal 808s, rattling high hats, and autotune production, with shitty flows and lack of any real lyrical content. hopefully people will get fed up with the current state of hip hop and breed a generation of talented motherfuckers

youtube.com/watch?v=PJFShE1VfEc

This

NotM sounds like the future

K-Pop

weirdo faggots like lil yachty will be even more mainstream

fucking this

Lyricism will make a resurgence

This basically

Couldn't agree more dude

it's happening

Gangsta rap from Cyprus bra

Like this album after the Chinese take over Trump's United States of America

stop it

singing/funny sounding deliveries/experimental electronic sounds/pop and probably some people going back to hip hop that's focused on rap and not as much on hooks. I don't know what the sound of that will be though. hopefully not 90s east coast beats again.

plz elaborate

>just scatting and tune singing
>mfw

I would love a g-funk resurgence

Yup. Desiigner is fucking proof of this. Rappers will only focus on loud as trap beats with heavy bass and repetitive hooks.

Hopefully more abstract lyrics

G-Funk was a way better trend than Trap imo

youtube.com/watch?v=d86ZyAaYI_0

>tfw rappers from New York no longer sound like rappers from New York

this

>i feel like social justice is kind of a trend
>who is Martin Luther King Jr

Like dj aaron ellis

Everyone gets bored of rap, rock becomes mainstream again, Sup Forums starts hating rock and the new essentials chart made in 2021 has nothing but golden age hip-hop albums

>Everyone gets bored of rap, rock becomes mainstream again

Unless rock becomes more electronic and catchy , that's less likely. Nobody cares about words anymore.

auto-tuned gargled gregorian chants

>words
we could just do woo-hoo-oohs instead, worked before

lullabies with really bad puns. Pretty much, lil Wayne will take over.

Trap will evolve to be actually listenable
Punk rap will be much bigger
Lil yachty's style will have influenced much of the mainstream sound
Rap rock resurgence
G funk resurgence

ah hubbada wubbafa huh
HOOOOOO
ahh hubbaba wubbba ka
HOOOOOO

But then it will turn out if you play the scatting backwords it forms the lyrics to the previous song based on it's name
The production will feature mozart who was frozen cryogenically and a version of einstein who focused on music from an alternate universe
this will be after the great war based in 2020, Kanye will drop his album Turbo Grafx 16 from the safety of his underground bunker by parachuting the album to The North Korean Lesser Slave States (former united states)

I don't think genuine social justice will die but I hope all these muh feelings tumblrinas fuck off for good.

There's a lot of great hip hop artists not following those trends