That one album you love and want to talk with someone about, but no one else gives a shit about them

>that one album you love and want to talk with someone about, but no one else gives a shit about them
what's her name?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/deficit_des_annees_anterieures/les_ambulants/
youtube.com/watch?v=eHNgjqQXWsM
youtube.com/watch?v=c6qIJksJ7nk
youtu.be/h0vkxRsYX-A
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>her
Are you talking about an album or person?

very few people on this board ever bring up hardcore punk and when they do its always some "punk is for children" / "all punk sucks" bs

Ramones
like god damn the Ramones are really good but Sup Forums seems to hate them

Global Rule 2 you brats.

The number twelve looks like you, in general.

>tfw they got back together for some shows, made some new shirts
I'm fucked as a dutchfag though.

Anyone else hear this vaporwave masterpiece?

fuck off
I bet you think Animal Collective is good

My dad likes santa claus too.

So you're music taste is like a fat chick who looks skinny around fatter chicks?

Just Morphine in general, really :(

who are your favorite artists

Midnight Snack by Homeshake. A little surprised it isn't Sup Forumscore.

Not the fucking Ramones you two year old.

Devin Townsend's Deconstruction

goddamn i know its a bit silly sometimes but there are some really interesting philosophical statements in there about the pursuit of knowledge and analyzation of complex systems and how it relates to metal music, science, spirituality, and addiction.

not even /metal/ will have a serious conversation about it

It's a blend of some african traditional harp music and european harp music. It's really good but nobody seems to care about it, though I've gotten a few "hey this is pretty good" from people I've recommended it too

Hey AnCo is pretty good

>people still get butthurt over this band

chumbawamba in general I think they're so interesting one of the weirdest and must fun bands ever

i want to fuck that bunny

Says the person who begins a thread expressing his "butthurt" that nobody likes them.

greatest pop band ever

why do you care so much?
fucking poser
Once again it is proved that the Ramones go over the heads of most listeners

Embarrassing...

You're the one who's got butthurt in the first place that I like something that you don't like

That's not Blueboy friend

sarah is overrated
heavenly is the only artist on there i actually like for more than a song or two

Why do you think so?

Really love this album. The sandman is a genius

One of the most unique and interesting post-punk albums I've ever heard, never seen it mentioned ever on Sup Forums.

in general i prefer the fuzzier sounding side of twee
sarah in my experience sounds too polished

what's it called? reverse image search gives me "sports equipment"

>the Ramones go over the heads of most listeners

Ramones are pretty shit. They were beast live though.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/deficit_des_annees_anterieures/les_ambulants/

youtube.com/watch?v=eHNgjqQXWsM
Like, listen to this track. What the fuck is that warm fuzzy electronic instrument at the beginning? It just perplexes you with it's comfyness and then the song dissolves into this dense soundscape of strange sounds, samples and strumming with that unintelligible chant, it's so mystifying.

THAT BUNNY

I'm loling @ ur life

Everybody starts hating me when i put this on,

>these feels

Why do you think the Ramones are shit

The production on the Ramones is shit

I know two people who like this album, the owner of a record shop and his nephew (who's a friend of mine).

I can't believe someone literally thought it was a good idea to have the guitar in one channel and the bass and drums in the other
Like what the fuck

I've never listened to the Ramones why are they so divisive here

i have no idea i think people are just trying to bait ITT

They're really (ironically) stupid and that scares Sup Forums kids who are afraid of listening to anything that isn't "intellectual", "arty", or "avant-garde" because it would ruin their image

No but did you hear Jennifer Connelly's j-pop single tho

I have Ocean Songs though.

My favorite album. I posted this in a thread yesterday and got 1 reply. Anyone else heard this?

Time is the enemy is a great track

>Listened to their first album a lot in middle school
>Stopped after some time, not into twee-ish pop anymore
>10th grade rolls around, this comes out
>Give it a chance
>Absolutely fantastic

It's a wonderfully solid, enjoyable, well-made pop rock album, made better because of just how much the music and the band members themselves grew so much in the years between their really immature, and overly-idealistic first album. This one was grounded, but still sweet and incredibly catchy.

No one cares about the album, though.

Underrated gem

Absolutely. From beginning to end it's just a special little album

Tried to start a jap jazz thread a few times but it seems like Sup Forums is just not into that kind of music. Barely see any jazz round here any way.

some recommendations?
I´m interested

Tonedeff's polymer.
Why won't fucking melon head review it I even told him on twitter to review it and he liked my tweet

You're just not looking in the right places. Try out the jazz blindfold threads, /daily/, and /rym/. Plenty of people who could help you out there.

baka desu f am

This is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard, but I don't think I'll ever meet anyone who's heard it.

too hard to find I give up. the song i'm listening to on Youtube is good tho. the only other stuff in this type I listen to is Alex G and Wavves, this is good too just not what I'd like talking about or listen to much personally

Jap Jazz is great.

They're some of the only people putting out new Jazz at all anymore. And they do it quite a bit.

Chihiro Yamanaka a qt.

Provide us with a title and we can fix that.

Complex lyrics like hey ho let's go or the kkk took my baby away just go right over your pleb heads

YES FINALLY

Naosuke Miyamoto Sextet - Step!
Tee & Company - Sonnet (and their other two records)
Kohsuke Mine - Daguri
Masabumi Kikuchi - But not for me
Masayuki Takayanagi - Mass hysterism in another situation
Hino=Kikuchi Quintet - s/t
Masahiko Togashi & Isao Suzuki - A day of the sun
Koichi Matsukaze Trio - Earth mother
Sleep Walker - Works

That's some favourites off the top of my head, there's also some more funk/fusion-ish stuff which is kinda cheesy but pretty enjoyable still.

>Try out the jazz blindfold threads, /daily/, and /rym/
Heh yeah I never look in those threads desu, but I will check it out, thanks. Had the impression the blindfold threads are just euro/yank jazz though.

Can you namedrop a few people who are still recording? I only really know 70s/80s stuff.

absolutego. i dont even like drone that much anymore, but that single album does it so perfectly.

also maybe the animal hospital album

>worried about image
>anonymous south African rock paper scissors theory forum

Chihiro Yamanaka
Kaori Kobayashi
Hiromi Uehara
Soil and "Pimp" Sessions
Yuji Ohno
Takuya Kuroda

Souvlaki by Slowdive.
Everyone I tried introducing it to just complained at how 'depressing' it sounds :c

my dude. this one is for you
youtube.com/watch?v=c6qIJksJ7nk

>too hard to find I give up
get slsk already, man. it saved my life

Thanks man. Always love me some Yuji Ohno, Cosmos is amazing.

Doji Morita - A Boy
Here's the album on youtube: youtu.be/h0vkxRsYX-A

don't worry user I like all those things I'll talk with you.

but we may grow sick of each other in time...

>tfw album is on youtube but proper download is nowhere to be found
I hate that feel

hi

No problemo

I'm a huge Fog fan, my favorite of Ether Teeth is Under A Anvil Tree

i recently decided to take a look at andrew's work with fog after being a lifelong fan of the hymies basement release and i instantly fell in love, in just a week it has become my go-to drinking album. i'd love to make this kind of music in the future. do you have any recs?

Crippling Lack by David Thomas Broughton and his work with Juice Vocal Ensemble to a lesser degree

none of my mates know about spiderland :(

Now here's a painting of a landscape.

don't pretend you have friends you anxious degenerate

>implying slint fanboys aren't normie scum

Devin Townsend - "Terria"

His best album, absolutely perfect record, loaded with slow beautifull melodies, striking broken heaviness, field recordings and samples galore... the whole thing just sounds so lush and natural, it's excellent. Yet I never see anyone really care here.

everyone seems to write this off as "hipster" or some other buzzword but its a genuine 10/10

This is great album as is Morphine in general.

>pic related is album I personaly adore but noone gives a fuck about it.

>pram is my absolute favorite band
>every album is at least an 8/10
>the most exposure they get is their debut album being namedropped in first wave post-rock lists

I actually have this album. It's pretty good

hey

I don't think I've seen this since I first started going on Sup Forums in like, 2008. It's Jazz-hop, kind of, and it's great.

FUCK YEAH this albums great! its a shame that their label was run by a complete asshole

Go to bed, Chris.