Friendly reminder:

if you're tired of bait threads and meme arguments, ignore them. stop complaining about this board unless you make an effort to change its culture.

that or just stop caring about it so much

>x is the goat in genre, prove me wrong
>female artist is hideous
>GRIMES

do you guys even like music

Lmao, do you actually like kanye meme rap op? faggot

hip-hop is the most degenerate genre and has no artistic worth

I agree with the first part of that statement

grimes is queen

OP here, cont lesson for underage and newfags

ways to spot bait:
>generalizations
>using "meme" to describe why something is bad
>stating opinion as fact with lack of evidence
>single picture with no text
>x critically acclaimed is bad bc i said so!

DO NOT:
>call out the bait, this will only fuel the bait more
>ask for proof or evidence to support their claim, it will not be provided

DO:
>ignore it completely

even if something is not bait, if its worded in a way that seems as bait, it should be ignored

>ignoring things makes them go away
Nice head-in-the-sand attitude. Must be nice to want a board full of kpop threads.

there's only ever one Kpop thread at a time, friendo. and they dont tend to leak out as often as grimesposters, waifufags, etc.

hard to take anything serious on I Just Discovered Good Music: The Website

bad bait

>ignoring things makes them go away

in 4chans case this is correct

understandable, but still i think we could shift the culture if we tried. underagers and newfags would either adjust with us or leave, but either way we'd win.

this does not help, you are still giving them a (You) and thats all they want.

make an invite-only forum where users have to submit pics of their music collection and proof they are over 21 y/o old.

how would i go about doing this, and how many people do you think would be on board?

>how would i go about doing this

i dunno

>and how many people do you think would be on board?

very few

I think usage of sage is important. If you really feel obliged to comment on something dumb at least don't bump the damn thread

>very few
for the exact reason i dont believe it would even be worth the effort. i think we should encohrage the board to mature as opposed to killing the board all together

sage is only good if the thread is bait, there can be bait replies in a genuine thread

I am absolutely blown away that I can leave this board for months at a time, come back and the catalog is still filled with you faggots talking about the same 10 artists and albums.

It is a very unique form of autism.

I try to make threads not related to your normal bullshit, but they get like 3 responses while Grimes and the same hugely overrated slightly obscure bullshit is beaten to death by pretentious people who don't even know anything about how to make music or music theory in the first place.

This board is one of the worst on Sup Forums for being in charge of understanding and facilitating discussion its subject matter.

i dont believe any of those things are inherently bad, grimes is a musician and even if i personalky dont enjoy her music, she derserves to be discussed.
same with the other albums.
in a long stretch of the imagination we should disable bump limits so that /generals/ /sharethreads/ /dailys/ etc would become inner-boards to contain people who specifically come here to discuss those things

The generals are the only decent part of this board where music is actually discussed.

Grimes is a shit musician and does not deserve the absurd amount of attention she gets here. Multiple threads all day every day for some ugly fuck pop musician who doesn't shave the hair on her body.

which is why we disable bumplimits and contain all of the grimes posters in one specific place, and discourage them from leaking out by ignore their posts about her unless it fits the context of a threads requirements