Why does Sup Forums hate Godspeed?

I don't they are my favorite band

Me too, they are a great band

because Sup Forums doesn't like anything thats entry level even if it's good

to be fair i'm not huge on them, but they get unfairly shit on way too much

Tf? I dont browse mu too much anymore but when i did gy!be was loved by just about everyone

it's literally Sup Forumscore and every time it's brought up, including now, most people like it. it's not even entry level as says either. it blows tortoise, mogwai, stereolab, talk talk, maserati, slint, etc completely out of the water in terms of post rock. it's the epitome of the genre basically

It's just endless wankery in an obnoxious pretentious package.

idk, I think TNT is better than lysf

2 bad you're wrong

>comparing Godsmack to Godspeed You!

Sup Forums hates it cause it's the summer, Sup Forums hates everything during the summer

I don't think I it's fair to say it blows talk talk and slint out of the water in that sense. Those two bands pioneered the genre. Of course it's not as focused as Godspeed.

What's wrong with Sup Forumscore? It only tells me that it is discussed heavily/liked on the board. Are people that insecure or want to be independent, so they base their taste off of what other people have to say?

just about everything they do is great, except for maybe the one yanqui or whatever its called. great band, not something i would always want to listen to tho

Or consistent as Godspeed

Was gonna posts basically this, nice opinion user.

>not getting the joke

yes

i personally like a bunch of Sup Forumscore

I get it with its "lol they almost have the same name so quirky"

yeah but godspeed doesn't even play the same brand of post-rock that slint or talk talk do, i can't even call what slint does as post-rock.

But under the post rock umbrella, Godspeed are the best

Nice bait

There are people that genuinely think Godspeed is terrible though

Take Qwerty1000 mr non self aware pretentious tard as an example