Give this album an honest rating out of 10. Just curious to hear what your guys' take is on it...

Give this album an honest rating out of 10. Just curious to hear what your guys' take is on it. It's my personal favorite album of all time, for the simple fact that I still feel that connection to it that I had the first time I heard it.
>inb4 I'm 15

What, did your dad die in World War II as well?

7/10

The best songs are Mother and Goodbye Blue Sky.

No, but my dad did die when I was 3 due to a genetic heart disease. It isn't hard for me to apply a lot of these lyrics to that.

11/10.

Is your name Brian K.?

7.5/10
The Piper at The Gates of Dawn is a 9.5/10

6/10
A couple good tracks like Hey You and Nobody Home, but ultimately Waters sacrifices consistency and overall quality of songs for the concept. It could've been cut down to one disc without much issue.

I definitely don't claim that The Wall is some amazing musical achievement (it's not). I definitely don't claim it's the best PF album. It's really just MY personal favorite and I totally would get why others wouldn't like it. I am just curious to hear other people's gripes about it.

An emotional connection is all you need bro, don't focus on what others think of it.

Just curious, have you listened to any other floyd albums?

All of them.

OP here, I've listened to their entire discography except for the endless river. Been meaning to, but from what I've heard it's pretty lackluster.

7.5/10

I love it and it's actually my favourite of all time too. 10/10

What's your opinion on the post-waters albums? the final cut? What is your favorite album before the wall? Second favorite album? Also the endless river is pretty good, but listen to it as an instrumental. I sort of wish there was a mix between it and the bands solo work (including rogers) to sort of create what would have been a new album.

8/10, really good

6.5/10
One of the few Pink Floyd albums I never revisit. It's too long, too bloated, too preachy, too lyric focused over music focused. There are some outstanding tracks (Comfortably Numb, Goodbye Blue Sky, etc). This is where PF really goes downhill for me. Some of the social critique in it I thought was super deep when I was in high school, but it doesn't appeal to me the same way anymore.

Its babbys first dystopy, I listened to it in high school and liked it, then I read the books it was clearly inspired by and it felt like a dumbed down version, when you take the theme off it its just a pretty ok collection of songs

I think the post-Waters albums are pretty good. I like The Division Bell. The Final Cut was definitely my least favorite work of Waters. In my opinion it just lacked any cohesion. My second favorite, if forced to pick, would have to be Wish You Were Here.

I can totally concede that this album has only remained my favorite because of how obsessed i was with it as a teenager. I felt like i related to pink and it caused me to put the album on a pedestal that I may never be able to remove it from.

If you like the instrumentals of the division bell you'll probably enjoy parts of the endless river. It's not really put together though (and whats put together is a bit sappy, ex: "louder then words"). Listen to it as if you are reading a notebook, or looking at plans for a house that never was built. I think many people misunderstand the wall. It's about self reflection, and draws the line between being a victim and creating victims. I personally can't see how people have misunderstood it as purely social commentary or as a "dystopia". I can agree with the point of being bloated and I personally don't listen to it often. When I do though, I usually listen to it as a theater piece, because where it falls flat as an album it succeeds as a theater act. If I can recommend you one album, It would be Supertramp's "Crime of the Century". It's a bit too polished and dad rocky for some, but much like the wall it focuses on self-isolation. It came out a couple years before, so I wouldn't be surprised if it inspired it. Anyhow enjoy the endless river, pretty good album even though it does not stand up to the usual standards of the band.

7/10
It should've been cut in half.

7/10

Lot of great tracks but a lot of filler. If the fat was trimmed it would be an easy 8 or 9.

It a opera rock album you fucktard. The filler is crucial for it

It's one of my dad's favorite albums , he'd always listen to it and watch the movie so it was always a part of my childhood. I love listening to it because it's great music and brings back nostalgic feelings of when I was a little kid. That's why like it

How?

Because its telling us a story

6/10

i'm 33 and for me it's still 8/10. i think it's beautiful. just the right amount of emotion, just the right amount of vinegar. also, frankly roger screams on this album more than you'd hear on a lot of post-hardcore albums.

also for me it's impossible to take it out of context. the albums leading up to it, and the one album that followed it, somehow enrich the experience. that said - i first heard it at like 14 before i'd ever heard any other floyd and it blew me away then. pic related was my first PF purchase some time after hearing the wall.

3/10

3/10. It's horrible overlong, the lyrics are pseudo-intellectual and pretentious as fuck, the imagery is weak and edgy, the production is bland and thin, the actual compositions are incredibly short, underdeveloped and just mediocre poprock with slight concrete elements to make it seem "experimental", and the performances are dreadful and subpar at best. There is absolutely nothing to like about this album save a few unintentionally comedic moments

>3/10
why i oughta

MY NIGGAH

THOSE ARE MY 2 FAVS OUT OF THE ALBUM TOO

Chuckled but most PF flans hate pop music and hip hop so b8
It literally is though, it made a concept album marketable. Name one Prog Concept album besides the wall without the use of google that got a movie, a musical, several re-issues and still had a general consensus of the themes and narratives in it
This overall
Kill yourself, samefagging

>asks for opinions
>gets buttmad when someone shits on his favorite album
Oops, looks like the The Wall fan is truly proving himself to be legitimately retarded

8/10

The general anti-fascist message is pretty nice, but I can't say that I relate to it that much.

I really like the Beach Boys-esque harmonies on songs like The Show Must Go On and Waiting for the Worms. And the opener is top-tier.

Sometimes the filler can get a little burdensome and it's probably not very approachable to someone who only listened to their radio hits. A few songs could probably be left off.

Overall, though, I find it enjoyable to listen to.

I'm not the OP you autistic

>calls someone who enjoys a certain album/band retarded

>calls two people who have a similar opinion on a shitty album "samefagging"
Kek, not only do you have shit taste you have horrible grammar and are a hypocritical retard.

Off yourself

pretty meh

Syd > early Roger > Gilmour >>>>>>>>> Post darkside roger

>HYPOCRITE
>doesn't state how

>Horrible Grammar
>Kek

fucking genius

/k/ and /out/ here. look, depending on what you're trying to catch you need either hot bait or cold bait. this is just tepid bait, user. this is poor bait user you aren't gonna catch shit with this tepid bait.

>doesn't state how
You get pissed off when I call you a retard for liking something but yet you're totally fine with calling two people samefag because they happen to have a similar opinion.

God you're stupid.

Also
>using slang is bad grammar
Good god, this is the power of summerfaggotry?

>a similar opinion within 1 minute
that's called samefagging user lurk moar
>summerfaggotry
well if you want to play the BS grammar excuse I can too bby

>within 1 minute
Haha holy shit you aren't serious right?

a): Samefagging is when one retard tries to come across as multiple people by posting different things in the same area repeatedly. It has nothing to do with the time difference between posts.
b): That was 3min 16secs, not one fucking minute
c): Unless you're on Sup Forums there's no fucking way you can make two posts within one minute from the same IP
d): You're a fucking retard

So slang doesn't count as proper grammar? Fuck me, you're really the dumbest of the bunch

>A) No samefagging CAN be that but it also applies to spamming the same shit opinion to get a general consensus
>B) Still pretty fucking close
>C) if that was true I would fucking be banned you dumb piece of shit
>D) do I even have to explain why your iq is lower than the average grandmothers tits

9/10

Why does Sup Forumshate pink floyd

I enjoy pink floyds "filler" more than most other music

a): No it doesn't. It never has and never will. Stop trying to change definitions based on your whim.
b): There is a huge difference of 2mins 16secs there. Was math never your strong suit in school or was school as a whole never your thing?
c): What? You don't get banned for attempting to IP evade to samefag. What are you even going on about you special retard?
d): And yes please, go ahead. I dare you

5/10

Not that great at all.

Why

Name a better album from that year

a) you haven't browsed enough to realize this
b) it is literally under 5 mins you can take a shit and be done in that time if you are a competent human being
c) jesus christ you are retarded. If I Could only post once per minute then I'd probably be fucking banned you autist.
d) you can't understand basic fucking english and am posting Eva and Jojo reaction images

a): I've browsed long enough to know how this fucking site works, unlike you.
b): Moving the goalposts now are we? Nicu nicu!
c): The two are literally not related at all and you're going off on one of the weirdest tangents I've ever seen.
d): Problem is, I have a better command of the language than you do. I at least can use my "-ing" suffixes properly.
And using reaction images is stupid now? I suggest, in that case, that you go back to /r/music

>Faust
>Prog

Lmao what?

>Why
Musical substance is sacrificed for narrative development, resulting in a bloated mess full of filler. It's also the sell-out point for the band.
>Name a better album from that year
Oh did Pink Floyd put out another album that year?

OP is back. Glad this turned into a discussion, even though it's mostly a shit-slinging contest. At the risk of being too general here, I'd say a fair amount of the flak they receive is just this boards contrarianism showing. However, when talking about the wall specifically, I can understand why some would be turned off by the "filler" that this album contains. I don't personally see it as filler, I see them as necessary interludes between bigger, more important story points. For instance, the movie cuts out a lot of the songs that people would call filler, because it doesn't need them anymore to tell the story.

8/10 . The album was better than the movie. Though the movie had some pretty sick animation.

Unknown Pleasures, Fear of Music, London Calling, Off the Wall.

exactly. it sacrifices musical quality for the sake of the (imo lame) story

childish/10

seriously you canĀ“t that that album serious with the track "another brick in the wall".

pink floyd died with syd leaving, whilst made two superior solo albums

9/10.
Features some of the Floyd's absolute greatest tunes like Mother, Hey You, Dont Leave Me Now, and many others. The story told within this masterpiece is depressing and at times even hopeless. Waters and Gilmour both sing in character and when the switch between the twos' vocals within a song comes in to signify a different character is speaking, it does so flawlessly. One of the first albums of its time to truly tell a movie-worthy story and do it with such gusto whilst conveying so many important themes, as the floyd often do. Plus, this album has one of my favorite album openers of all time: In the Flesh? Only reason this album dosent get a perfect score is because the ambient lil solo areas between and at the end of tracks at times can be a little tiring. That's about the only criticism I can give it.

>Mother, Hey You, Dont Leave Me Now, and many others
you are lunatic

just listen to their first two albums

>Name one Prog Concept album besides the wall without the use of google that got a movie, a musical, several re-issues and still had a general consensus of the themes and narratives in it
ziggy?

>the ambient lil solo areas between and at the end of tracks at times can be a little tiring
wuot?

DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN A CRACK IN THE ICE APPEARS UNDER YOUR FEET

All in all its just another brick in the wall

Hey You is a good track
so is Comfortably Numb
and The Trial is the best Pink Floyd song not written by Barrett. But it's a pretty average album besides that.

s/o to you for not just immediately dismissing the endless river, it gets a lot of hate

I made this a year ago and forgot about it AMA

7/10

The only real problem with it is that you have to listen to it from start to finish, you can't start from the middle or anything

all in all its just another dick with no balls

I listened to this album so much in middle school it's kinda insane. I don't think it's a bad album but I honestly don't like it too much anymore. I saw roger waters do the concert twice though and that's still one of the greatest live events in my opinion. What an achievement

7/10

DSOTM is by far my favorite PF album. Us and Them still gives me chills.

10/10
ABITW P1 is the highlight desu

they're alot of albums that get hate, most dont deserve it.

Tommy

Dude seriously? Tommy, Ziggy and Jesus Christ Superstar. Not all technically prog but bro just cuz it's prog doesn't make it better. The Wall is far from being Pink Floyd's most experimental or progressive work...

The album itself is 7/10. But the 1980-1981 live tour is on a whole other level. Both musically and in stage production. Roger Waters the wall tour was based on that after all.

3/10

Roger wasn't half as deep as he thought he was