Post your RYM 5s

>Give recs
>Guess things about each other
>Don't be nice

Please try and respond to at least 1 person if you post. You wouldn't want to post and not have anybody respond to you, right? These kinds of threads are great if people respond regularly.

how can i get to the king of limbs?

Listen to it on mushrooms in a forest

Really, Oracular? I'm a big fan of their self-titled and to a lesser degree Congratulations but what's so great about OS? A couple of great singles and a bunch of filler imo

Listen to it on mushrooms in a forest

All the singles are poppy and cool
All the "filler" is really lush psych rock

That's fair. Was never a huge fan of most of the album besides Time to Pretend, the youth, and Kids but whatever

its me xD

are you sure
yes beautiful place good indeed I agree

I enjoy things :)

Check out Sup Forumscore

Check out Pitchforkcore

Check out Scarufficore.

Check out Fantanocore.

Didn't see this post.

Check out Resident Advisorcore

thanks

>Suicide
Nice

bleh

>Pygmalion
>vdc
Can I suck ur dick, no homo

who said I have one ;)

lets do acid and listen to Can all night bb

OP says don't be nice, but don't be too mean over Dr. Dog.

thanks for stopping by, very funny guy.

if it weren't for Adz....you'd be okay

if it weren't for Swans....you'd be okay

Swans are great faget

Sufjan is great faget

I'm not that guy faget I've never even heard sufjan

Orig. dude, here. I agree, Sufjan is super. But Adz is downright annoying. That's why I specified "If it weren't for *Adz*"

FUCKING COMMENT ON OTHER PEOPLE YOU SELFISH FUCKS REEEEEE

I don't often go on this board. This is the least pleb submission so far and it's still pretty pleb. I am disappoint mu.

Where the heck are your tags? Get it together.

k
you do enjoys things, but man, you have a pretty boring taste, greats albums tho, but explore more, can't recommend something specifically, maybe Black Dice, check them out

how is that the least pleb submission out of all the ones who posted here? ffs anyone who browses Sup Forums has listened to or at least heard about those bands

This is so basic, holy shit

How long have you been listening to music?

uh a few years

Literally the only album on there that isn't core Sup Forumscore is Built to Spill and that's not even obscure

I bet your curve peaks at 4

i just love those albums, i don't need to rate obscure stuff highly to validate my taste

It's fine if you love them but they're entry level for a reason. Everyone with any interest in music will like them a lot (for the most part). But you're supposed to branch out from there, and find stuff that you like a lot *more*, stuff that is utterly transcendent to you, stuff that connects with you deeply. There's a huge world of music out there, full of albums you'll hate, albums you'll be indifferent to, albums you'll like, and just a few amazing albums that become part of who you are.

There's nothing wrong with giving any of those a 5. There's nothing wrong even with giving all of those a 5. But giving only those, and nothing else a 5? It just shows that you haven't bothered to find out what you truly love, and instead just stick to what you like.

not him, but people like you are why i don't come in rym threads

Good. We prefer people who continuously try to develop their taste and find incredible music that is not well-known over people whose favorite albums of all time (after several years of listening) have no personality whatsoever.

no we don't

post your 5s

I'm OP. Got into music about 6 months ago, before that I just listened to the radio sometimes

how many times do you usually listen to an album to "give it a chance", so to speak? like for the albums in the top 100 that you don't love

Great meme

Thanks friend

you're the worst kind of person

You don't listen to music because it connects with you. You listen for validation.

I don't rate anything I haven't listened to twice. For stuff that I feel has gone over my head I will listen three or four times before I decide if I like it or not. For example Tago Mago which I heard for the first time recently, only after the fourth listen did I feel I had a grasp of it; gave it a 4.

Explain what's wrong with encouraging people to try and branch out from the essentials? There's a whole world of music out there, it's such a shame when someone hangs out on the stairs of the pool rather than jumping into the deep end.

No need for all four (You)'s but I really don't. My rating system is very subjective, I gave Tago Mago a 4 and fucking MGMT s/t a 4.5. I love Radiohead, Floyd, ITAOTS, Loveless, I really do. I appreciate them and gave them high ratings.. But my 5s are deeply special to me, they've all affected me heavily. But I would never have heard them if not for listening to the essentials first. Besides, my list isn't even obscure, those are all huge bands on Sup Forums. But I try to keep looking for new and interesting things.

>rating things after 2 listens

jesus man

its better to start entry level and take your time than to just rush through a ton of music to try to have obscure taste

I do take my time.. 2 is the minimum like I said. And I probably spend around 70 or 80% of the time I'm listening to music, listening to stuff I've already rated. It doesn't disappear after I've rated it lol. And I usually listen to a lot of stuff by an artist rather than listening to a bunch of different artists.. For example I got into Boards of Canada, Slowdive, and Radiohead through their more well-known albums and have heard their whole discography several times on average.. One week I listened to nothing but Boards of Canada and Sweet Trip lol

I've listened to TKOL easily 30 times, Pygmalion probably 15 or so, Beautiful Place probably around 15 (maybe 30 if u count falling asleep to it) and Laughing Stock only 5 but I really focus for that one

you really have no right to look down on people for having "entry level" taste when it seems like you barely even pay attention to music

Not sure where you're getting that from

I only do other things while listening to music if I've already heard it a lot, or its ambient or dance

i really recommend taking more listens to appreciate albums

10-15 is around the minimum for me before i move onto an artist's next album

You don't need to listen to Pablo Honey 15 times to appreciate The Bends.

I plan to listen to Tago Mago at least 4 or 5 more times before I hear Ege Bamyasi (and I listened to MM and Soundtracks probably 3-4 times each before I heard Tago Mago. Am planning to revisit MM sometime though)

Mm is Best can album

I'm going back through all my ratings (and only like 10% done) and redoing them with a new system so these might not all stay 5's.
If they have tags they're redone.
But even the stuff I haven't redone won't go lower then a 4.

I like a lot of music.
What can I say.

Hopefully this is readable
This is just Sup Forumscore galore
Nothing bad but.
Predictable
Interesting
Probably associate all of these in some way with a memory, good or bad.
Not bad but also predictable.
Could be worse

I was gonna say cuz that's a shit ton of 5s

>associated with good or bad.
Yeah some albums really helped me through some stuff and other remind me of the good times :^(

I've heard yeah that some people love it. Definitely gonna give it another go soon

Amazing taste.

>Sachiko M
>Coltrane live album
>random Denpa album

poseur af

It reminds me alot pf white light/white heat + krautrock

It's actually an EP.

>sung tongs, feels, replica
>
>earth 2, exmilitary
also nice

Hmm interesting take on it. I really should get around to revisiting wlwh, only heard it once yet. Not a massive fan of tvun but it has a couple of incredible songs

>implying 2 listens isn't enough time to form an opinion for most albums

>Immunity
My man

You heard his earlier work? I'm a big fan of contact note. Circle would probably be in my top 10 songs of all time

if you judge an album after 2 listens, you are what's wrong with this board

listening to it right now. what makes it different and better than any other Denpa album? it sounds like more of the same to me. I mean if that's your cup of tea, whatever, but what makes this one so much better?

>implying after I rate it I can never listen to it again
>implying you can't change ratings

It has special meaning to me and that's all, really.
I have more fun listening to it than any other thing in the world, so it's a pretty personal thing. And I love nanahira's voice.

I've heard Opal, contact note and insides.
They are all great, but Opal is a little dated.

ok

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of appreciation for yellow swans - going places, and I still haven't gotten around to listening to it. but have you heard bring the neon war home? of what I've heard, that has been my favorite d yellow swans thing, I guess it's probably not cool to say that because it goes hard on the beats and that's probably pleb or whatever. but it's a really fun time imo!

nice choices

>Slanted and Enchanted
2 stars
>LAGWAFIS
1.5 stars
>Is This It
1.5 stars

>good kid, m.A.A.d city
2 stars
>ITAOTS
worst album ever made

I odn't have any 5 star ratings. Humans are imperfect by nature, and as such none of their creations will be truly perfect. To then quantify the quality of a human creation with a number that represents 100% quality would be dishonest and disingenuous.

Buy the album, the press play

>5/5 = 1.00
>4.5/5 = 0.90

5/5 refers to greater than 95%, not 100%

I rather like Nick Drake
Well memed :^)

>BoC, Radiohead, Slowdive, Talk Talk
lol, your taste is basic as fuck too
if you're going to be an annoying elitist at least get obscure taste first

That guy has been listening to music for a few years. I've only been listening for a few months. And the Slowdive and Radiohead albums at least aren't their essential ones

If you're really a girl I'd be interested in getting to know you better.

There exists an overlap in our tastes. In the interval of regular conversation, we could confer on music and expand each others' palette, making our union mutually beneficial.

Respond with your thoughts on the matter.