Why the fuck is nazi Germany called "third Reich" so often in English? "Reich" simply means empire

Why the fuck is nazi Germany called "third Reich" so often in English? "Reich" simply means empire.

You would have to call the German Empire "German Reich" then and the "Holy Roman Empire" "Holy Roman Reich".

This is fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MoGCPbU7OOY
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Berlin_Unter_den_Linden_Victoria_Hotel_um_1900.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it was the 3rd empire. Don't they teach you how to count in Germany?

Nazis are leftist and I don't like leftists.

Always funny to see people here saying they are nazis because they hate the leftist folks.

Video related youtu.be/MoGCPbU7OOY

My question was why you often don't call it the third empire, but the "third Reich".

Because its quicker than saying "3rd German Empire".

>"Reich" simply means empire.
it means realm you degenerate cuck

>The way he pronounces Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei
Topkek

Because 'third empire' could mean something else, 'reich' can only be german you dumb retard

Trzecia Rzesza!

Not in this context, retard.

>implying that Germany was a Herrschaftsgebiet/Imperium all the way from 33 to 45

lmao, it was not. It was just Germany.

"Third empire" would make more sense, wouldn't be long and means exactly the same.

the winner decided you were called the "third reich"

German """""""""empire""""""""""", that's why we say 3rd reich

The third empire sounds too awesome

>implying any country isn't a Herrschaftsgebiet

Also you can name your country how ever the fuck you want.
The "Reich" was also based on the tradition of the German Empire.

Reich = empire.
It is the fucking same thing. You also would have to call it "third """""""reich""""""""

>the tradition of the German Empire.
yes, and traditionally empire meant "realm".

"Realm" means Königreich, the German Reich had an emperor. Also the German empire was an empire (=Imperium).
Why would the nazis call their empire Königreich?

Really liked your pre-WW1 system of government ngl

nah, that would be Königreich, not Reich.

Koninksrijk is the rijk of the koning.

which empire?
german empire.

what word means german empire?
reich

Because English speakers saying "Reich" implies Germany, since it's a German word.

Me too.
Also the whole society etc. It was one of the most glorious times in our history in my opinion.
It kind of combined traditional values and the modern industry, paired with ambitions and proud.

The picture I wanted to post wich I can't post because of the fucking size limit: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Berlin_Unter_den_Linden_Victoria_Hotel_um_1900.jpg

You're not allowed to discuss the war unless you punctuate every sentence with "das tuet mir leid.".

Normally they add in: "Ich habe es nicht gewusst."

reich sounds more evil

Probably because its clear what you're talking about... 'third empire' is not as clear

The correct sentence is 'däs tüt mir lëid'