Are their any emo groups that aren't whiny

I want to listen to a group I can relate too. People have told my music is emo but not whiny. I've been listening to a lot of Modern Baseball and The Front Bottoms. Those are good and all but as a 24 year old person I can't really relate to their high schoolish topics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTSsy5OTiSw
youtube.com/watch?v=OnuzrgyoHNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-eDf0CwY89o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

American football

Tawny peaks self titled

>emo
>not whiny

I think you're missing the point

No I'm not. The topics I write about are pretty emo. But in a grown up relevant type of way. Plus I dont have that generic whiny voice. Anything else like that? I need inspiration user

You're gay brah

Off the top of my head-
Brand New
Sunny Day Real Estate
The Appleseed Cast
Braid
Mineral (especially later stuff)
The Promise Ring
Benton Falls
Into It. Over It.

Listen to emotive hardcore and 90's emo w/ indie influences.

youtube.com/watch?v=RTSsy5OTiSw
youtube.com/watch?v=OnuzrgyoHNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-eDf0CwY89o

>Emo
That's so fucking 2006.

No.

They are all composed of insufferable, entitled little cunts. Emo is music for white suburban males who come from comfortable households, but still feel they have something to complain about.

check'd

there's been a lot of good bands that have come out of the emo revival scene. also a lot of bland pop-punk sounding emo (modern baseball fucking suck) and on boring twinkly emo (like dads).

some of the better bands are the brave little abacus, the summer we went west, snowing, algernon cadwallader, and tons of others.

I'd trade Braid for Hey Mercedes. Chris Broach's vocals are always pretty whiny.

Kmfdm is pretty exciting emostuff.

any other recs with the old, harder sound? Like Diary, The End of the Ring Wars, Icky Mettle

The World Is A Beautiful Place And I'm No Longer Afraid To Die

>Mineral Endserenading
>not whiny
i like it too but the opening track can be a make or break

what happened to /emoe/

these nu-males are so sjw it hurts, i saw them live and it was fine but they put too much into it where it doesnt belong

Try listening to Screamo or emoviolence instead

Tiny Moving Parts really surprised me. I ignored them until they were brought up a few weeks ago here. Musically closer to the revival scene, but with dat 2006 melodrama vocals

it die

Listen to slowcore.

It hits all the same emotional notes as emo except its pretty much better in every way possible.

Knapsack
Texas Is The Reason
Braid
Rainer Maria
The Casket Lottery

are all p good

listen to twinkly shit like glocca morra, marietta. or some good weed shit like rozwell kid

m i n e r a L

>no escape the day
>no love, claire
>no early day miners
>no empress
>no valium aggelein
>no the white birch
>no saso
>no idaho
>no kepler
>no braving the seabed
>no arco

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Its just the essentials dude, the stuff on the chart is a better place to start IMO.

nice chart, whoever compiled this might want to listen to these and include them.

lync - these are not fall colors
maggat - a pacific puzzle
ache hour credo - discography
garden variety - knocking the skill level
on the might of princes - where you are and where you want to be
kolya - s/t
the lapse - betrayal!