Deafheaven BOOed at during Powertrip Tour

They Deserve every last bit of hate they get.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ0jdWuFlE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gvof7ZhmxbA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Video:
youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ0jdWuFlE

that crowd is fucking aids holy shit

I thought Deafheaven were supposed to be a fashionable, "intelligent" metal band for fashionable, "intelligent" rich Brooklyn indie kids?
What are they doing opening for washed up adolescent white trash bands like Lamb Of God and Slipknot? Pretty funny either way.

What did they do? Or are they just considered shitty?

Listened to Sunbather, it was OK I guess not my thing though

I don't understand the general metal scene, Why is sunbather so hated among the metal community? It's not amazing but it's not terrible

something something not "real" black metal

idk black metal has like this thing where they dont like "poseurs"

That was really mean :'(
I hope Georgie was ok

Deafheaven is actually good which proves they aren't black metal

Metal is very conservative in general, that's why everybody who tries to innovate it has big movements started by the metal community against it (like movements against Dream Theater, Primus, and Korn)

Its probably more aggressive than hip-hop's obsession with being "real"

Not really, bands like Godflesh or Peste Noire or Deathspell Omega have all brought considerable innovation to metal and are all also all highly respected by metal purist types.
The reason people rag on Korn or Primus or Dream Theaters is simply because those bands are all embarrassing dogshit(as is the reheated screamo-meets-trite-post-rock of Deafheaven).

I haven't listened to Dream Theater but for their time they would seem innovative. Please don't say Primus or early Korn was bad, that's simply not true at all.

LOL

Sunbather is the best post-rock/metal album out there and you know it. It's not the first but by God it's the best.

that crowd is not a black metal crowd though

They just don't like Deafheaven because they "look gay" and aren't a thrash band

fucking deafheaven man

>Godflesh or Peste Noire or Deathspell Omega

WHOA DUDE FUCKING LE EPIC NAMES BRUH SO DARK AND METAL

HAVE YOU HEARD "CRACK THE SKULL" or "MY EXCALIBUR CORPSE"? SHIT IS HEAVY AND DARK DUDE

So I guess these people that hate Deafheaven also hate Alcest, Fleurety or even My Bloody Valentine (idk)

i kinda feel bad for them

please tell me what innovations dso ever achieved thanks

Yes. They hate anything that's not trve black metal, including things that aren't even black metal.

I'm not even that big a fan, but Deafheaven >>> true black metal

wtf i hate black metal now

i wonder who the fuck is behind that youtube channel

HINDERED
BY SOBER
RESTLESS FAAAANS

>be non-shit band
>play concert for people who listen to sklipknot

you see that's where they went wrong

They opened for slipknot this time? Or it happened before?

Not edgy enough for metalhead autism

Hey, I think you should get that checked out.

Lamb of God/Anthrax tour, actually

Is that pepe from Kiss or which group

So do you want metal to be pop-lyrics or some shit?

This was at some buttrock show, they're opening for fucking Slipknot and some similar washed-up bands with crowds full of drunk 35 year olds in cargo shorts. I don't know what they expect.
I saw them with BTBAM, the prog nerds were obviously confused because they were a completely different style of music, but they were at least respectful.

Deafheaven and slipknot (although washed up) are both good bands. Lamb of God sucks ass.

Frizzle Fry is a great album, and Claypool is an amazing bassist. I have to agree with you when it comes to DT and Korn, tho

>Primus
>Comparable to Korn and Dream Theatre

oh fuck off

fucking meme kid idiot youtuber playing meme music, i cant hear what the guy fucking says before he fucks off

god i hate youtube

>Pop to basic prog rock arrangements with black metal vocal.

Wrong venue to be honest. Fire the manager.

metalheads dont like posers this is extremely common knowledge like you guys should know this

It needs to be done though.

The man has a certain voice & the band has a pop element. Play it up. No?

Metalheads hate anything that does something different, until years later when they start hailing that same thing as "innovative" and "ahead of its time".

People hated Meshuggah in the 90's and early 2000's, flash-forward to 2010 and suddenlythey're the go to band for every djent guitarist to dickride constantly. On the same note. It's the same fucking thing with Korn, At The Gates, Deafheaven, or any other number of bands that try something different and get shit on because they don't sound like fucking Slayer or whatever.

New American Gospel is pretty good

I thought Primus was pretty good too

>Peste Noire
>innovation
i can't believe they put an akoustic guitar in a BLACK METAL song wow no way

nobodys dickriding djent korn or at the gates trust me sometimes i wish they were were more open to new ideas though but its only because theyre really passionate about their music it would be like if you were with this chick and then some dudes like man your chick should start smoking crack and shit like you dont want that bro you gotta get defensive about it what i dont get though is why metalheads dont like stoner rock like queens of the stone age are kind of fucking metal theyre just metal in their own way same way with like kyuss and red fang and fu manchu and shit because taking in those influences would really help progress the genre

my bad, they're opening for slipknot soon.

Please tell me this is bait.

Cynic were booed all throughout the 90s, who currs

Metal or anything like it is for 12 year olds

>metalfags

Just checked out sunbather again. Very soothing, monotonous, hypnotic post rock with integrated screaming. Good for a chill out session.

Someone skipped English in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gvof7ZhmxbA

Friendly reminder this is the average metal fan.

>pop metal fans go see shitty pop metal bands
>get whinny screamo instead
whoever managed this event is an idiot.

also
Envy>Deafheaven

What the fuck are you talking about

Maybe you should actually read some KPN lyrics you fucking moron

>good bands
Yeah if you're 16 living with your parents and having mild depression

The overall problem they have with Deafheaven is, that they are called Black Metal everywhere when simply they're are nothing more than an Emo/Screamo-ripoff with progressive elements.

Punk, Traditional chants, Folk-parts and they're lyrics really standout, if you're able to understand french.

I feel like you could legitimately get beat up just for listening to Deafheaven or Liturgy around a group of metalheads. :/

yeah honestly i'm not a metalhead by any means and i don't self-identify as one but i definitely appreciate what old school death metal bands like Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Deicide, early At the Gates, Massacra etc were doing with song structures, rhythm and tempo changes, etc.

the first track on Altars of Madness alone has more well-realized ideas packed into it than whatever gimmicky newer band people are whining about this week have in their collective well of creativity

Actually listen to Godflesh though, I'm not even into metal but Streetcleaner is really noisy industrial metal and its fantastic. Kind of Swans ish but better

Hipster Black Metal is an autist.

hbm is cringy af

tons of samples, techno beats, esoteric instrument and last but not least a good sense of humor
also the songwriting is always very complex and progressive with a lot of attention to detail

famine is a jerk tho

>DSO
>innovative

Wew

I respect that they didn't flip the fuck out on the crowd and stayed somewhat professional.

Starbucks metal is learning from indie rock: when you don't have songwriting on your side, take the self-consciously "shoegazey" route and crudely go through the motions of "having atmosphere" rather than arriving at something called atmosphere in a natural way. You can already hear bloggers tik-takking away with purple prose about "blissful anguish" and "waves of light." Meanwhile the pink minimalist cover art tells you that Deafheaven "gets" the sensibilities of a unique, sensitive guy like you who talks about "rockism" on tumblr in lowercase letters and considers taking a vacation to France on your parents' trustfund. Metal purists don't get it, but they must be "closed-minded." Don't forget your sweater and American Spirits (or Virginia Slim's).

>They Deserve
>Deserve
>They Deserve every

The aesthetic of the cover art seems to skip over the standard ideological motifs pictured on most black metal album covers; however, after hearing all of the great reviews about Sunbather I was compelled to check it out. It turns out my skepticism wasn't unfounded as I quickly discovered that the album lacks all of those great qualities so often ascribed to it. The music, far from "revolutionary" or "groundbreaking," falls victim to monotonous drudgery. Sure, it's atmospheric black metal. It's going to be repetitive. Rather than use repetition as a musical device to tell a story or build on the song structure, Sunbather's repetitiveness is more like licking cardboard for hours as corporeal punishment. However, it is not all monotony! For as you lick the cardboard you are gifted the rare treat of an experimental riff chalked in late as an interlude. To a fan of black metal, this album is a vapid exploration of the degenerate state of USBM. It lacks creativity, is repetitive, is repetitive, and is trendy. Yes, there are plenty of USBM bands that you can apply these term to. I mean listen to Krieg's newest release. But, at least that's authentic! I can't say that about Sunbather. Black metal isn't for everyone, but to insist upon projecting this album as a revolutionary USBM album does a disservice to band and to the genre as a whole. Yet, I would be wrong to pigeonhole this album as a black metal one. This album in truth is a crossover album which combines all of the worst qualities of atmospheric black metal with a post-rock sensibility, and some "shoegazer" (whatever that means). As a crossover album it gains instant recognition among hipsters, and neckbeards the world around, fo the appeal is understandable - it sets an ironic juxtaposition of the Dionysian rage of a depraved society, while possessing musical sensibility and tenderness, all packed in an album sleeve designed by MGMT. Pick it up on your next trip to urban outfitters.

I'm a pretty big fan of shitty white trash metal like LoG, Slipknot, Slayer and Anthrax and hate Deafheaven but that's just straight up rude and disrespectful. Fuck that crowd.

Did laugh at this comment though.

Anyone who cares that much about image probably should go find a different hobby. Deafheaven very much is a black metal band, whether you want to admit it or not.

Reason #10212 not to hang around groups of "metal heads".
The fans are the reason why I didn't listen to metal for the longest time. It's like they never grew out of a phase they had when they were 16. Everything has to be "extreme" and kvlt and they take themselves and their music so seriously they don't realise what manchildren they are.

What metalheads have you been around? In my experience they tend to be pretty chill.

>I'm physically intimidated and passion is childish

How's your hrt going?

>the same two dudes being faggots

All this for a pink album cover.

It's funny you say I'm intimidated because I feel self identifying "metalheads" must have some deep insecurities to insist "real" metal should be angry and violent and extreme, and should feel the need to identify with this "tough" and edgy music.
As for me criticising passion in music I have no idea where you got that from. I assume you are one of the people in this thread bashing deafheaven, and no matter what else you say it can't be said they're not passionate. But because they're not passionate about the right things (darkness, anger etc.) this doesn't seem to get them a free pass with trve metal fans.

I was strictly talking about music. I'm sure they're mostly nice people but I find their insular atttitudes towards what is "real" metal really pathetic and "muh secret club" tier.

they went on tour with a scene that clashes with their own

After listening to Orchid I understand why people think they are more screamo than black metal, this doesn't change the fact that Sunbather is a better album than Lamb Of God and Anthrax have ever released.

When small bands with less mainstream styles open for big bands, they get booed that's just what happens.

Why is Sup Forums surprised at this? This shit happens all the time when bigger bands bring indie bands on.