Since Frank isn't releasing another album shall we discuss Channel Orange?

Since Frank isn't releasing another album shall we discuss Channel Orange?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nostalgia ultra > channel orange

I think his first mixtape is fucking rad, especially with the Radiohead sample

Frank is dead to me

yep
Nostalgia Ultra is a realized vision, Channel Orange is uneven, fragmentary, overrated trash.

channel orange has a bunch of great songs but too much filler.

gets overrated way too much

>constant stream of amazing neo-soul, soul, funk, modern funk and contemporary r&b released all the time
>funk/soul/r&b threads have less than 5 posters
>p4k rave over pbr&b artists Frank Ocean, D'Angelo and Janelle Monroe
>Sup Forums are suddenly huge rhythm and blues fans

gay alubm,

Delicious album pyramids needs to be twice as long tho

#dicksoutforharambe

this

or you know... they just like frank ocean..

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g

check me out senpai im up next

it falls of after pyramids

well technically...

fucking stupid piece of shit this isnt a soundcloud thread and you literally are garbage. kill yourself immediately

>Implying golden girl isn't the best song on the album

do people actually unironically hold a different opinion?

Stop posting this you get btfo everytime

I feel you. You're not wrong.

you guys are worse than video gamers and their HL3. the album isn't going to come out just because of some rumours. the release date might be dropped soon

You make me care less and less about all of that amazing neo-soul, funk, modern funk, and contemporary r&b every time you post that retarded "PR&B" shit in these threads tbhdesusenpai

He's building speakers.

You'll here the album on the stream when he's done and then it'll be up for sale

>tfw you were up til 6am in the UK waiting for him to drop something, finally go to bed, wake up and see nothing has changed at 2pm.

What's worse, people anticipate that he's gonna drop it at 12 instead of 11.

11:50 - He starts finalising spraying the boxes, cleaning up

11:55 - Starts taking off workshop gear

11:57 - Calvin Klein ad music starts playing

HOLYFUCKTHISISIT.jpg

12:00 comes around - almost exactly on the dot, the camera angle changes at this time.

Literally nothing happens, same camera angle at this very minute.

There's nothing special about this why is the internet up in arms

It was popular and did well with critics. It has some fantastic tracks on it (esp Lost + Pyramids). Around that time Frankie was blowing up, helped a lot by his hook on No Church In The Wild. I remember the BBC using his hook on a trailer for one of their big upcoming shows. Then suddenly he vanished with only a few small features. An album was promised last July, met with a no show. Now he's finally been updating his site again after promising the album this July, with the promise of it coming today.

*well at least some big News sources say it should be out tonight.

a lot of filler in there.
if he would have left out monks, pilot jones and all the damn skits channel orange would be a god-tier album.

Literally all over hundreds of press, including apple
Literally a live stream event during the time discussed
This goes beyond hl3 rumors

I've always seen this album for what it could have been. Like when Chrysler made that one car that looked just like a Bentley.

It's weird how I'm beginning to hate this album more every time this shit happens

I get what you mean. I feel like Frank Ocean has to release his own Pet Sounds now to live up to the hype.

Novacaine, Songs 4 Women and Swim Good are the only really good songs on Nostlagia Ultra. We All Try and There Will Be Tears have good melodies, but the former is too cheesy and the latter is half-written and just sorta fades out. The covers are okay, but they're nothing just incredible. Ultimately just fun curios in his discog.

Nostalgia, Ultra is clearly Frank trying to find a style. Channel Orange is uneven, but the aesthetic is fully realized and Frank sounds like he's found himself.

This isn't going to be Frank Ocean's "Detox" is it?

song?

Bitches Talkin', Frank is trying to listen to Optimistic and girls are talking over it and then say "What's a Radiohead?"

damn

here's some news for you people
IT'S STILL THE FUCKING 5TH OF AUGUST

at least wait until the day is over to mumble your bullshit

rec me some new soul + funk pls