Why are American chocolates so chalky and disgusting?

Why are American chocolates so chalky and disgusting?

American companies change the ingredients when exporting abroad, which means American consumers apparently prefer their shitty chocolate. I would have thought Americans would prefer richer, creamier chocolate.

Other urls found in this thread:

rsc.org/Education/Teachers/Resources/Inspirational/resources/4.1.4.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Americans want cheap things, not good thing

Americans consider chocolate to be just candy, while for the rest chocolate is chocolate on its on.

It has vomit in it

These. Also, I like how it usually doesn't melt onto my palate.

Cadbury Dairy Milk isn't bad. Those are US brand bars right?

Reese's is alright 2bh, as it Kit-Kat.

It's not actually suposed to be that creamy, that's just you people being sold chocolate flavored trans fat, have you ever even seen the real thing?

the world doesn't know how to eat or drink chocolate properly
t. chocolate pro since 5000BC

Oh so it is meant to be chalky and unappetising?

funny thing is there are all kind of chocolate here, you can buy real good dark chocolates in a regular grocery store but few people care and mostly buy cheap sweet stuff.

WE

Chocolate melting is a good thing though

Nobody cares about your version of chocolate, obviously everyone's talking about the one with milk

You already know the answer to this because the same question gets asked at least once a month.

Pure, black chocolate is pretty shitty tbqh, milky is best.

To some extent yeah, but not so sticky in my mouth.

Reminder NOT to talk to Mexicans about food. They're simply too autistic on this subject to be reasoned with.

pleb
true chocolate lovers only like 70% or higher
you dont like chocolate, you like milk

well at least it is not disgusting as threads about sharts and tips. it is depressing that most of the international anons here are concerned with our asses, shit, and dicks. and here we have a chocolate thread. enjoy it.

It's all about the tempering of the cocoa butter. There are six polymorphs, or crystallization shapes, that the cocoa butter can freeze in. Type V is the preferred one, as it gives the desires creamy / velvety texture. Other forms give a hard, chalky, waxy, etc texture. It's all about how slowly it is cooled and what form you seed the mixture with. Cool too fast and you cause other forms to dominate.

I work for a Swiss thermal analysis company.

See: rsc.org/Education/Teachers/Resources/Inspirational/resources/4.1.4.pdf

lol you actually process the cocoa? real pros eat raw beans out of the fucking pod mate, step up your chocolate game, you're a shame to your honourable cannibal ancestors

In that case call me a baby and let me suck your tits because I love chocolate with milk.

cadbury is british

WHY TJHE FUCK ODSAIDJA WONT I GKET ANY YOUS GOT FUCAKUHNGII DAMMIT

Milka is the only good chocolate out there.

Dude we do have a milk chocolate and we enjoy it, it's a fucking appreciation thing, milk improves chocolate up to a point after that it waters down the flavor. It's like people saying they prefer kalimocho to fine wine, sure knock yourselves out.

No, but you've got to understand what you're working with, truly creamy chocolate is made with a different cocoa butter/liquor mix, since these are expensive ingredients comercial chocolate uses extenders, things like honey or nuts if it's the god stuff, otherwise palm oil and corn syrup. Kek, you fucking leafs love to jump in on how you're coinosseurs in every thread in which maple syrup comes up, it's the same thing.

No man, if you want to eat the thing, flesh not beans, talk to Peruvians, we don't do that shit.

Seriously, there's people who unironically prefer hamburguer to steak, Europe makes some awesome chocolate, don't get me wrong, but on common plain milk chocolate bars quality isn't good. And don't get me started on chocolate milk, when the shit Americans make is godly compared to what you get in Europeit's a sign you people know shit about it.