What do Germans think when they play WW1/WW2 games?

What do Germans think when they play WW1/WW2 games?

are they even allowed to? i thought nazi shit was illegal

Fucking interested

it annoys them that they must kill their own countrimen

I hate how certain games (World of Tanks) censor the Nazi flag because of retarded German laws.

They're reminded that their forefathers were bad, bad people who's duty it was for the British, French and Canadians to kill, for the good of the planet. They're also reminded that German is an ugly violent language spoken by genocidal maniacs.

>Behind every gun sight, is a human being
>Now spend six hours gunning down faceless enemies lmao

>blue and orange background with guy in middle
hmm...

Reminds me of how Apple forced devs to censor the confederate flag on Civil War games

What do blue and orange symbolise? I see the guy in the middle is black (which, despite what historically illiterate Sup Forumstards say, is accurate). Blue, orange and black.

I know blue, white, orange = Royalist Holland.

blue and orange are comforting colors to humans, advertisers have realized this and now a lot of movie/video game promos use them almost exclusively.

WW2 games are banned in Germany due to Nazi imagery.

What if it's limited to the eastern front with japan.

I know a Chinese fella who gets conflicted when playing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

>let's pretend history didn't happen
I don't understand these faggots

Not sure why governments like to do this. Like WoWS's Chinese server operate in mainland China censored all Japanese vessel's name into some random plant bame to comply with a governmental order that is supposed to prevent expansion of militarism

>tfw can play Austria-Hungary

autism satisfied

They're some of the most prevalent natural colors.

Orange = sunrise
Blue = sunset

Also it's a good contrast. Look at any movie/game cover from the 2000s onwards

They wonder why developers need to overrepresent minorities.

they are contrasting colors so they draw your eye to them.
You'll even see it in movies where they make the skin of characters kind of orange and the sky a shade of teal that contrasts with it.
So instead of actually making stuff interesting you just make it blue and orange and bam!

Pretty much what games like Destiny go for. High contrast color schemes make for more pleasant looking scenery. It's something that video game companies also use to promote new consoles and give you the "improved graphix" feel. Sunset Overdrive, Mirror's Edge, Destiny, Trialsaand Fusion, Jet Set Radio, Okami, and they even go back as far as Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings

But they are not

Only Nazi flags get censored but for some reason Concentration Camps like in the New Order are not censored.

Law only fixes it's sight on fucking flags.

PODHODITE SUKI KOL NE STRASHNO

that webm is fucked, man. i'd bet money that's an east asian country doing that shit

suicide attacking is fun when I play as a jap soldier :^)

Tennōheika Banzai!
*gets shot down by P-51*

we do, too

>What do Germans think when they play WW1/WW2 games?

I think let´s kill some Russians. Sometimes for the lulz I switch sides on try the Russian stuff.

i like it
diversity is good

Reminds me of HoI4, where Hitler's picture is censored. Mussolini and Stalin are fine though.
They probably believe that you'll become a crazy Nazi if you see the Fuehrer's Face.

i love killing krauts and hanses :^)

I loved to play Medal of Honor as a MG gunner in Omaha beach

Have you played MOH Rising Sun?

>consolshit

and yes i've killed literally tons of japanese soldiers in game

Thanks to us you get to play these kind of games.
Without us there wouldn't be anything to base a war game up on.

Perhaps American """"War""""(Coward) simulator, but a game where you only fly drones and bomb schools / weddings / hospitals in the middle-east would get boring quick right?

Rising Storm?

So, can you actually choose to play as a white soldier in American/British army, or does game forces most of classes to be shitskins, like memes said?

>tfw WW2 games are the only place I can be successful against german army

Same with War Thunder. Swastika is censored while hammer and sicle is perfectly fine.
>inb4 gommies were victorious
It doesn't change the thing, it's history. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, it should be preserved.

>which, despite what historically illiterate Sup Forumstards say, is accurate
But the main issue was British and German snipers in MP being black, which isn't

You can choose a class, and the soldier has a preset appearance depending on what the class is.
So in a nutshell, yes, you will be a nigger.

Germans don't play games, silly. Germans play simulators.

You're only a nigger if you pick German or British scout.

[spoiler]Don't know or care about the US team because
>US
>Relevant in the important battles[/spoiler]

german games best games

Is not just nazi shit.
Anything that has violence is forbidden. That is whay they have so many Simulator games in there. Its all you can play in Germany.

Have you ever saw their Counter Strike? When you kill the enemy, they surrender instead of falling on the ground.

Just dont ask me how they can play games like Sonic and Mario around there coz I really dont get it.

>DAS MIEDEVALUNG SIMULATOREN

the cs thing was fixed

>never played anno before
>calls it medieval simulator
idiot

Fixed implies that it was a bug.
I think you mean it was "changed".

yeah

Tbqh, I only play WW games where I can play as German - and do so exclusively.

The good old times where the models had only 3 different faces and they had to use the same for different characters...

They are both engineers. No idea why there is no Covert Op in the pic.

So you get a censored game expirience because of our laws?

>lolololololololoooo
>lolololo

>like 10 years ago
>brother has 2 germans exchange students at home
>play CoD's campaign, killing germans
>look at them
>"wanna play ?"
>huh, no

I only play WW games where I can play Hogans Heroes.

t.Kommandant Klink

ps.Except for World of Warships. That's a realy cool game.

Are all Frenchmen such badass guys?

I feel a little bad when playing Austria-Hungary or Italy in BF1.

I like Italy, I like Italians, I obviously like the empire. Killing either gives me no joy. Then I remember it's a game and murder everyone.

Also I'm pissed off they use a german VA for us.

The best game in that regard was Wolfenstein TNO.

We Austrians are proof that is wrong.

HEIL HOFER.

jan pillemann otze starts playing in their heads

That's just cause of the sales in some countries. For example it's not censored in Serbia. Great game btw

second gen German migrant here. I feel bad desu. Thats why i like victoria 2 lmao

I doubt they are allowed to do that

think germans are only allowed to play games where they shoot robots or aliens lmao

pathetic nation

really enjoyed that game, like alot

shame it wasn't more popular

Are you still forced to play as blacks like in the beta?

>mfw I realised the pic isn't photoshoped

You can also play Hearts of Iron 4 and conquer both Germany and Soviet Union as Poland.

>He still play AAA games
Anything made by EA, Activision, jewbisoft, 2k etc has been shit for years

Aren't they racked with guilt the entire time they're playing?

Do they apologize before or after the game starts?

Did they patch HoI4, or is it still "spam 7inf/2art and steamroll the AI as any minor"?

7inf/2art is what I did in that one. I also had some mechanised regiments for the sake of novelty, but WW1 style front wide arty pushes still rule the game.

Nothing desu. It's just a game I'm not a role-playing faggot

germans don't think, the hivemind thinks for them

I did a SU game with spamming factories and medium tanks, had almost 3k military factories producing nothing but medium tanks in the end kek

It's even funnier with Germoney if you cheese the game and annex UK and USA right at the start before they create Allies, massive industry and infinite resources before 1938

I don't even know how it's possible to lose anything with Germany, they get so much free shit.

the problem is, against the AI it's basically not possible to lose as anyone
maybe they will improve the AI in the nearest DLC for as little as €19.99 + €4.99 content pack for few half-assed features and some new bugs.

The Mexican US-conquering challenge is pretty difficult. The hardest part being pushing through US before world tension hits 100% and they join allies. I hate the fact that there's no separate peace in this game and you absolutely have to defeat every single coalition member before doing anything with their land.

We are taught that our soldiers of the world wars were evil criminals so we're supposed to root of the allies that liberated us and gave us our wonderful Weima- ... democracy and freedom

If you are talking about the achievement, then it's not that hard because you don't have to end the war, you just need to occupy required territories. Also, USA has a long border with Mexico, so it's very easy to exploit it and encircle USA divisions piecemeal.
Basically:
1. Go facist
2. Annex everyone in central america for factories
3. Spam 7 inf / 2 art
4. Win

No, that would be us.

This is fucked up.

I really dislike how the manual combat control works in this game, with divisions constantly automatically redeploying and stuff, so I usually just tried to bumrush them with overwhelming numbers and firepower, not really having motivation to try harder than that. Maybe I'll try again after they release more expansions and improve ways to control your forces, who knows.

The Weimar republic wasn't that bad tbf

For France

>the look on that girls face

that eel is dead its fucking beheaded, those are just nerves