First LP 100 meme guitar

What guitar should a big guy pick up?

iBANEz

RG9

Post it again

MORE MEME GUITARS

you mean the guy's youtube channel ?
youtube.com/watch?v=sCYZdw2ouOs

To the guy in the last thread who was looking at a Bad Monkey, I said I wouldn't pay that much for it but I've never actually played one and for all I know it might be worth it. I'd feel bad if I put you off it needlessly.

Don't listen to the idiots telling you to buy a 9 string,they're just shitposting. It depends on what you want to play, but for the most part teles and strats have bigger scale lengths so your big hands can play them better.

GuitarRig or Amplitube?

Whichever one's cracked.

I've learned 5 positions of the pentatonic minor and can move between them, what next? Best, quickest way to learn. I got at least an hour a day to practice.

25.5 isn't bigger, it's standard, just like 24.75. That guy was shitposting from the start though

ah, there goes the triggered traditionalist. your life is ruined because someone somewhere plays something different, how terrible !

yeah 9 strings are stupid. 8 strings are where its at

LOOK AT THE TOP OF THAT NIGGERS HEAD!!!!

You could learn some shreddy pentatonic sequences to apply to those patterns

17:48

youtu.be/Kka_5UgfYoE

guitar rig has the best effects. you can even do weird stuff like assign a LFO to an overdrive so there's a progressive distortion coming on and off, or even use a step sequencer to make a whammy pedal go wack.

>8 strings are where its at
only for guitar, more than 6 strings on a bass is stupid and most likely super unergonomic. The neck's size isn't really that off-putting imo, but I play thumb on back so I have a lot of reach.
also release the new tosin signature ibanez you cocks

Bane?

are either of them really targeted to certain genres or is there about an equal mix of sounds?

La raza me dice que todo lo quiago
que todo lo quiago
que todo lo quiago
esta mal

Y yo no se por queeee

Honestly; if you could have any finish on any guitar, what would it be? Mine's easily a Rising Sun on a Jackson Kelly

Check out my vintage '97 Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Custom brehs

The tone is literally so vintage that it blew my pickguard off

8 strings are used heavily in country music

so sick of seeing that horrifically tacky top

noice m8

There's about everything. The distortions kinda suck imo but I just use other plugins for that.

Some tinted burl top with a purpleheart fretboard, ibanez S shape for that sweet thin body.

watching this dude makes me feel so inferior holy shit.

an important thing to remember when watching people shred on guitar or wondering how to do that yourself, is that you can already move that fast. spazz your fingers around on the fretboard as fast as you possibly can. you're moving pretty fast aren't you? you can already move your fingers fast enough to shred, you just aren't accurate enough. so work on your accuracy, not speed

hi

When looking to buy an electric guitar, what are the key things I need to look for?

>inb4 newfag

How cool it looks

lol

look if it has strings

wtf is going on with that low string

To see if its the right guitar for you, if it is physically comfortable to play and suitable for the kind of music you want to play. After that then think about looks.

That feel when the oil you ordered for your new fretboard arrived and you can polish frets, clean and oil and put on new strings + set up intonation.

Gibsons may suck a bit on QC, but once you have them set up, they're like creamed pussy. Also never going away from balanced tension strings, I'm in love.

make sure it has 6 strings and isn't a baritone

The neck. Is it straight? Is it comfy? Do you like how it feels in your hand?
What sort of sound are you looking for? Do you want humbuckers or single coil pickups? Or both? Hollowbody? Semi hollow? Solid?

whats wrong with baritone guitars?

i just realized i've been pressing down on the frets way harder than i need to to make a sound. i might have to start working on "lightness exercises" or something

Pickups, scale length, neck shape and fingerboard radius.

My advice would be to just go to a guitar center, pick up some guitars and see what they feel like, find one that you like the feel of, and look up all that above and you'll have an idea of what kind of guitar you would be suited to.

Pickups are the most important thing (on the guitar) as far as your sound goes, so you probably should read a little about single coil and humbucker pickups, which are the most common.

Also

That user doesn't like them

ok user go teach yourself guitar on a baritone :^) have fun, don't mind me being prejudiced against baritones for no reason

Not him, but absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't recommend one for a beginner though.

Kung Fu Grip of Death is something everyone goes through.

>I wouldn't recommend one for a beginner though.

well yeah

Not a top priority, but thanks

the guy never said he didn't know how to play

silly user, I'm not that new :^)

If he needs advice on buying his first electric, chances are he doesn't know how to play one.

>Not a top priority

ok go play on a penis guitar

Thank you. So far I've found the stratocasters to have the best body comfort for me. I'm looking to play rock, soul, funk, r&b, blues.

if you're new to guitar get a string through body

If I pulled those strings off, would you die?

>I'm looking to play rock, soul, funk, r&b, blues.

Then thats the perfect one for you, just dont buy a >squire unless its really cheap and used. I wish I had bought a strat instead of les paul as my first guitar because the neck is smaller than on a fender.

Best advice I can give is try out different scale lengths. Fender uses 25.5" scale, Gibson uses 24 3/4" scale, Paul Reed Smith uses 25" scale.

Then there's neck thickness to think about. Does it feel right in your hand when you're holding a typical chord grip? How does it feel when you move your thumb to the flat of it for fast playing?

Then there's pickups. Do you want a twangy sound? Get something with single coils. Do you want some rounder and fatter sounds? Get something with humbuckers. Do not get something with active pickups unless you're looking for a djent wankstick.

There's also coil splitting and all sorts of shit, but ignore that for now.

Can you tell me more about the neck please? As far as I know (please correct me if im wrong) there should be a little bit of a bend upward. Also, I think it was on a the vintage series for fender, the necks had this weird yellow-ish finish (i guess to make them look old) and they were fat, like a precision bass neck. I didn't like that.

So far I've found single coils in a solid body to work best for me.

thank you user for the solid advice, I'll go do that.

that's the body where it has holes underneath the bridge, right? user, why should I consider that?

try to find a local guitar/music shop with lots of good reviews that isn't guitar center though. they'll usually be less likely to fuck you over and correct you if you're buying the wrong thing imo

fuck summer

I can't play guitar without sweating up a storm

>I'm looking to play rock, soul, funk, r&b, blues.
This is pretty much what strats excel at.

A bend up or down is fine, can be fixed with a truss rod adjustment. What you want to watch out for is warping. Make sure it isn't twisted at all.
I'm wanting to recommend you a strat, but keep your eyes open for anything.

Are you fat?

easier to manage

I'd get a HSS strat just for versatility if I absolutely wanted a strat though.

Yea, to clarify, I don't suggest you buy anything from guitar center, you can get much better products that haven't been fingered by greasy tweets for cheaper online.

so tell them to get you one from the back

trust me it is. especially if its your first guitar. you will be a lot more motivated to play if you like how it looks on you. more than you can imagine. ive owned an okay guitar for years but i never played daily or anything, liked playing guitar in general and liked the guitar but never truly loved it. since i have my strat that i love i play daily and put in so much more work than before. im really not someone much concerned with image or anything when buying a guitar but trust me you wanna not only like how it plays. its really important you love how it looks too. if you see it on its stand and are instantly struck with an urge to play thats when you know you picked the right one.

Great idea. Or, I could get the same instrument cheaper in like new condition online.

can confirm with jackson kelly js32t

Try playing the drums in 35c you bitch nigga

try playing with my dick in your mouth you fucking faggot

to be fair, you could be drumming shit as easy as STP

Oh, that's what you mean by a twisted neck! Thank you for the image, that cleared it up for me. Out of curiosity, what would cause the neck to deform like that? Besides player-caused damage.

I've heard G&L guitars are right up there with Fender, have you any opinions?

Hehe... ok :)

t-thanks
;)

Uneven string tension left for too long (half strung guitars), wrong strings on a classical (steel strings are too high tension), bad build quality, weather

G&L are good guitars, pretty high QC and decent electronics for the price. Their USA models are better than Fender, in my experience.

Those are better.

>I've heard G&L guitars are right up there with Fender, have you any opinions?
Well, they're the company Leo Fender founded after he sold Fender.

If you're looking at the lower end, that'd be the Tribute series made by Cort in South Korea. They should be in line with any other worst korea made guitar done by Cort.

Even the simplest drumming is still a lot more physically demanding than playing a guitar, you use your whole body for one and just your fingers for the other. You will never see some guy looking like Dino Cazares playing the drums either, Seth Rogan tier is as far as they will go.

user, that's a beauty right there. Just to clarify, I am not buying my first electric guitar. Technically, this purchase would be my 3rd. I still have the other two, but I'm finding I'm no longer happy with them. The first one I bought was from 2010 and it's a fender strat copy with the logo "Stadium" on it, and the second is a dean guitar (I don't know the specifics, but it looks like a Vendetta). I bought the dean from a friend in 2012 for cheap.

Basically, I do know how to play, but I haven't gone shopping for a guitar from a store in about 6 years (I've focused on other things in my life) and pretty much forgot what to look for. So everybody's advice has been super helpful. The reason I didn't state this in my original post is because I figured I could pose a generic question other anons could use as guidance.

eh, that's true but you do use an arm with guitar as well but overall, fair points

>$100 for a thorough setup by well regarded luthiers
>$375 for a class that meets once a week for 8 weeks and teaches everything needed to do a setup myself, taught by the same luthiers

What should I do, /gg/?

What are you setting up?

>$100 guitar setups

Do that course and then start setting up guitars for 75$

>$100 set up

holy shit, lmao. I just brought my guitar in to switch the pickups and pickguard, and they offered a "set up" for $30. You're getting robbed, user.

they are making fun of us again

They wouldn't do jack shit for 30$ except wipe it with a rag

why do you care

Unless you're setting up some bizarre no-name floyd-a-like that no one can make heads or tails of complete with a warped neck, you can do that shit yourself.

If you have a TOM bridge, you have absolutely no excuse. Polish those frets up as well as oil the fretboard and you add $500 to the feel of the guitar once you're done.

Get a decent strobe tuner and adjust intonation as well. Fuck spending $100 on some pro doing it when you can do it yourself.

They're obviously not going to do much because there's nothing wrong with the guitar. I gave them the strings, all they're going to do is wipe the guitar down, put the strings on, and adjust the action (this is a new guitar, i like my action lowwwwww).

I'd say that's pretty good for $30.

BROTHERS

im trying to connect my FocusRite 6i6's line output to my PC:

>My PC has a standard 3.5mm line input that you can see here
>My FocusRite has two 1/4" TRS stereo outputs

I assume I'll need a cable that has 1/4" TRS stereo on one end (red and black), and then the 3.5mm jack on the other.

But all the cables I find have the 1/4" as "TS", which I guess won't work? Please help!

None of those teens play instruments

I should add:
>I already have a USB connection between the 6i6 and my PC
>But, this means I can only record the input from my guitar + microphone
>I want to record my guitar + microphone + PC audio all at once, for online streaming

And so for this reason, I believe I have to connect them twice. Once from the USB -> FocusRite, and then from the FocusRite back into the PC.