Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

I use Spotify, but I'm considering switching to Apple Music because it seems to have the larger catalogue, and has a decent amount of artists/albums that Spotify is missing.

On the other hand, iTunes is an awful, bloated program, and Spotify definitely has the better UI, organization and features, along with public user-created playlists.

>music vs spotify
I prefer music desu

Google Play music

You should stay on Spotify, Apple music is 320 only and it generally sucks

Go to apple music its better

Soulseek and foobar.

Some people listen to music outside of their room, senpai

Apple Music's catalogue is much better, but its interface is so shitty I literally can't bring myself to use it.

What.cd and Shuttle+

It's rumored that they're doing an overhaul in the fall when the iOS update comes out. Maybe we'll get a new iTunes, as well. I like the general aesthetic of Apple Music, but it needs a lot of work.

I like the part about Apple Music where the default settings result in music being deleted from your hard drive.

I like the part about Spotify where it bogs the listening experience down with commercials if you don't pay, and how the artists barely get half a cut when you do pay.

But of course, paying for music without actually owning a copy -- be it physical or digital -- is the best thing about both worlds.

Google play music literally does what both of these do, except when you pay for it you also get youtube red for free.

The choice is yours

How hard is it to transfer MP3s to your phone?

Soulseek and a classic iPod

Does Google Play have decent scrobbling and lyrics displaying functions?

I only use torrents, Soulseek, and Tidal for FLAC. Fuck low bitrate MP3s.

>stealing music

But I'm an adult.

>it's 2004

Pirate your music. Put your music on whatever device you want, customize your software however you want, edit your metadata however you want.

>b-but muh supporting the artists
Most of the money you pay to streaming services goes to the executives that run the streaming services, not the artists. The artists get screwed into shit deals because the streaming services have become so ubiquitous and powerful now and physical sales have heavily declined. Support the artists, not the corporations. Pirate their music. Buy shirts and posters. Vinyls if you're into that. Go to their concerts and visit the merch booth. Take control of your music.

what.cd/slsk and a 128 gb microsd

streaming is for suckers

There's literally no reason to prefer Spotify because they have had zero exclusives and the ui gets more shit with every update. Apple music has exclusives and the ui started out shit and gets better with every update.

Also every musician hates the shit out of Spotify so good luck is going to die a shit death.

The only reason people like Spotify is because it's free and these highly Jewish individuals should just pirate their music or listen to the radio since they love ass so much.

>90% of your money goes to the corporation
>"I'm supporting the artist guys!"

Scrobbling I dunno lyrics yes

Spotify and other streaming services offer artists such a little profit that it's actually not much different from pirating.

>0% of your money goes to the artists
>"I'm fighting the system guys!"

And ?
Your money doesn't even go to artists.
I only buy from small artists' bandcamp, which I wouldn't find on any of those services.

>streaming

Literal cancer.

I use spotify because you can use premium for free on android.

???

bearshare

Did you even read my post? I use that money to buy merchandise and go to concerts, things that actually support the artist.

>money spent on streaming services goes to other more useful things
>???

I'm sure you are. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying my two Chipotle burritos with money I save pirating. :^)

I haven't pirated music in forever. Trying not to sound like a n00b, but how easy is it/how likely it is to get caught?

the only service i've ever used for music streaming is spotify because i hate change and really don't give a shit either way, plus spotify doesn't really have anything wrong with it so why change

FBI is already at your door and they shot your dog.

this 2bh

I hope this is true. The one thing that Apple Music has going for it right now is that iTunes is a lot better for managing music than the Spotify client. For instance, Spotify doesn't allow you to organize things by genre or edit the meta data of tracks. If Apple changes Apple Music so it isn't so clunky, I will switch over for sure.

You can do both. It's not a choice. It's no illusion that when you pay for a streaming service, you're paying for the convenience.

Pretty much impossible to get caught. They don't give a fuck about someone downloading a couple gigabytes of music. As long as you're not torrenting tons of software you're fine.

Use soul seek, it's ridiculously simple and has a great selection.

>90% of your money goes to the corporation

Which also pays the artists. Album sales don't only benefit the artists you know.

>flac on phone
>limited space

shit i dont have a dog that was my son

The convenience isn't worth the lack of customizability or annoyance of the variable selection for me.

Fuck you Spotify, makes total sense that you have every RH album but In Rainbows. Fuck you Spotify, I want to have the mono version of Pet Sounds in my library but I don't want to use the shitty faded cover art you have on it. Let me control my own fucking metadata you cunts.

Considering most of Sup Forums seem like teenagers or adult shut-ins with minimum wage jobs, $10 a month is a huge commitment across the board.

spotify has device connectivity, sharing plans, a better EQ, recent plays and library browsing, though its radio and shuffle are shit.

Don't try to feel superior because you "support the artists" when the vast majority of the tiny amount of money you pay to streaming services doesn't even go to the fucking artists. They've been screwed into shit deals where they get hundredths of a cent per play. Support your favorite artists with merch and concerts, where a lot more of the money goes to the actual artist.

There's also like 5 different versions of Pet Sounds. I don't think the album art for 1 album is enough of a gripe.

Ah back when I used Spotify IR wasn't there. The Pet Sounds thing is just an example off the top of my head, there are dozens of these little annoyances that add up and basically negate the extra convenience from streaming services for me

Spotify is missing random stuff that SHOULD be there, and I'm pretty sure is there on Apple Music. (Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Dead Kennedys off the top of my head, plus the famous spat with Taylor Swift)

I think that a lot of artists are turned off by the free option, which is why they appear on premium-only services. That could be Spotify's undoing.

Plus things like, you can't sort the music however you want, can't customize the look of the software.

So I mean yeah you get some convenience from streaming but at the same time you lose some customizability.

It's so fucking stupid that buying a fucking t shirts or key chain gives the artist more money that buying an actual album

Plus Apple Music has been getting a lot of timed exclusives. And they've been rumored to be buying Tidal.

I have iOS beta, and the full overhaul is real but its so fucking ugly.

Is the entire UI black/white based? It doesn't change color based on album art anymore? That was the one thing I liked about the interface.

oh god my eyes

I prefer neither.

Because I'm not an idiot and realize that maintaining your library locally is better than a third party whose music selection and service I can expect to be dubious and unfulfilling.

Seriously, I think the color changes gave every album a unique feel. That's just bland and minimalism for the sake of minimalism.

What.cd + seedbox
Can download albums straight to my phone while keeping an impeccable ratio

And as a preemptive rebuttal to anyone eager to spout "b-but I'm on my phone so much and m-muh flac filesizes!!"

No one should be storing fucking flac files on their fucking phone. These devices are already gimped from a hardware perspective, equipped with outdated devices for outputting your audio, so filling them with fucking flac files is an exercise in futility and accumulating bloat.

You will discern no fucking difference between FLAC and MP3 on these devices. The hardware makes it so.

You're like those fucking idiots that buy 500 dollar headphones for their shitty laptop-speaker setup. It is exercising futility and anyone with an iota of technical proficiency is fucking laughing at you.

That's why you convert the flacs to MP3 and put those on your phone

I just keep 320s personally but if I used flacs that's what I'd do

I download albums I really like in FLAC and just store v0's on my player

>google play music
>had it since launch so I pay a negligible $8 a month
>youtube red ended up being, so no ads on chromecast youtube

Google is the best, they give you so much shit for just 10 a month

>Don't try to feel superior because you "support the artists" when the vast majority of the tiny amount of money you pay to streaming services doesn't even go to the fucking artists

Because cheap idiots like you are pirating the music. Album sales also dictate whether or not the lable should keep funding the artists or boot them off. Are you really saying 15% is just as much as zero?

Nevermind the fact that these are the contracts that the artists themselves signed. Don't blame the streaming services or the labels. If they didn't like the cut they were going to get, they shouldn't have signed the contract.

Streaming services are also still a relatively new medium. Artist contracts will be adjusted to reflect this in the coming years.

I understand the organization/quality arguments against streaming services, but anyone who uses the artist profit reasoning is just trying to justify their poorness/cheapness.

I pay 10 dollars a month for almost any album I can think of at my fingertips without taking time to download it and without taking up space on my computer or phone. I can play any song I think of on the fly. I also collect vinyl and see many live shows. I don't say "I bought your shirt so I'm justified in pirating your album."

The people in this thread saying that shit should just admit that they're poor or underage.

I'm neither poor nor underage. I spend around $20 a month I'd say on merchandise. I go to concerts probably once every three months or so.

If I pay $10 for streaming then the artists are only getting $1 or $2. The rest is going to the corporation in charge of the streaming service. That $1 or $2 a month is negligible compared to the amount I spend on merchandise and concerts.

To break it down:

>streaming:
+An extra couple dollars per month goes to the artists
-An extra several dollars month goes to exploitative corporations
+You get convenience of not having to download
-You have to deal with various annoyances such as varying availability

>pirating
+You get much better options for organization and quality
-Not quite as effortless as streaming
+You don't have to pay the corporations several dollars a month
-You also cheat the artists out of a very small amount of money

all of my wut

making it hard for yourself just to "take a stand" or whatever

how autistic can you get...?

What are you even on about?

How the fuck is it hard? It takes seconds

Aware me

Wait what?

>t. music novice

320kbps mp3

Shit quality

You want FLAC 5644 kbps if you can get

>16 bit
>44.1 KHz

>5,644kbps

Something is wrong here

disregard this, just noticed it's a 7.1 file

this

I listen on an old version of spotify

:^)

no you can't... can you? what? care to elaborate on that?

Still not called pirating because it's not illegal

tidal, apple music and spotify are $5 and have comparable libraries. any one will get the job done.

says the guy who's pirate downloaded his entire library... or am I wrong?

If I wanna expand my taste in ads I use spotify but If I wanna listen to music I use Google Play.

delete this please i beg you

Which companies marketing department do you work for?

thanks friendo can you do that again when you find me in another thread

>using the free version

Grow up senpai

come on my man, isnt it time to stop now?

gimme the thread

>using the word senpai in any context
Grow up

5x5

>5
WEW LADDIE

he most likely didn't even type senpai in the first place

lurk more

of course the A Perfect Circle fan is the one calling 320kbps bad quality

If you use the Spotify web player with an ad blocker on you get ad-free music without needing to subscribe.