Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=av4j96aEDAA
youtube.com/watch?v=MtsTjL_WILQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Farts are pretty funny, imo
Lighten up OP

Sleigh Bells did it better

Maggot Brain [Westbound, 1971]

Children, this is a funkadelic. The title piece is ten minutes of classic Hendrix-gone-heavy guitar by one Eddie Hazel--time-warped, druggy superschlock that may falter momentarily but never lapses into meaningless showoff runs. After which comes 2:45 of post-classic soul-group harmonizing--two altos against a bass man, all three driven by the funk, a rhythm so pronounced and eccentric it could make Berry Gordy twitch to death. The funk pervades the rest of the album, but not to the detriment of other peculiarities. Additional highlight: "Super Stupid." B+

They reputedly told Eddie Hazel "Imagine your mother just died. Play like you'd feel in that scenario."

I'm a complete sucker for 70s rock guitar incidentally...love the sound of it.

I've never been able to figure out if that's a man or a woman.

It's a woman you fucking cracker

>white unemployed NEET calling me a cracker

Black music in the 70s was generally pretty shitty except for P-Funk and one or two other exceptions.

the frist track is GOAT, the rest, not so much.

GOod thoughs, bad thoughts is aother good one.

The protest movement wound down and record labels really didn't care for black militancy. They pretty much treated the black market as unimportant and only fit for low budget party-down singles.

It seems that funk is generally ignored on classic hits radio except for the crossover stuff like Brick House that was a hit with both white and black audiences.

you know fuck all about black 70's music.

youtube.com/watch?v=av4j96aEDAA

I guess it goes back to the minstrel show days where nignogs were only supposed to dance for quarters and go "Ah yes I's be shinin' ya boots Massah."

Two things you have to remember about oldies/classic rock radio:

1. It's controlled by white males
2. It will only play songs that white males like. This will generally exclude anything popular with women or people of color

My local college station has left a funk/80s hits/indie throwback playlist on repeat for the summer and it's a lot of fun.

There's a very obvious answer to why fm radio ignores all the great accessible funk and soul hits from the 80s and earlier. Don't make me say it though

why do japs make good funk?

youtube.com/watch?v=MtsTjL_WILQ

Do real "oldies" stations even exist anymore? When I was a kid I knew all the Motown, and early rock and British Invasion music from my mom listening to them, I never hear it any more. All "classic rock" is just hard rock

Incidentally, I was on a 50s binge a while ago and after pulling up some Connie Francis tunes on Youtube, I saw in the comment section someone asking "I don't get why [Stupid Cupid] wasn't ever played on oldies radio. It's a fun song and was one of her big hits."

And someone said "Probably because back when radio stations started doing 50s nostalgia (which would have been in the 70s), the guys making the playlists were mostly 30-somethings who simply picked whatever songs they liked when they were teenagers. So that meant a lot of Chuck Berry and Little Richard, but not anything from their sister's record collection."

My city has a local oldies station that still does early '60s stuff.

Ah, there's this one discount grocery store in my town that always plays all that shit on the sound system. One time I remember seeing this old hippie woman in there snapping her fingers to some 60s R&B tune they were playing. Hilarious stuff.

mfw

Like, I've never heard Runaways - Cherry Bomb on a 70s station. I don't think I've ever heard Heart either other than Barracuda.

Classic rock stations only play rock. Duh. More generalized oldies stations tend to play Top 40, so you'll hear a lot of Bee Gees and Boston but no Montrose.

magic man and crazy on you are also played all the time

>There's a very obvious answer to why fm radio ignores all the great accessible funk and soul hits from the 80s and earlier. Don't make me say it though
Still butthurt over disco 35 years later?

Women only like male singers if they have sex appeal. This is incidentally why no women are into metal unless they're dyke lesbians with tattoos. Men meanwhile like to fap to female singers, but not listen to them.

te st

lyl