Is there any point to making music if it doesn't come naturally to you?

Is there any point to making music if it doesn't come naturally to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pfyq6TYbBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, it'll sound forced

listen to this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=4pfyq6TYbBo

his parents are rich as fuck, spent tens of thousands getting him the best violin teachers in the world and he's been practicing for decades. listen to how harsh and tense he is

he just isn't a natural talent. that's what you'll sound like

Yes, to develop it coming naturally to you.
Nothing comes for free. I'm sick of this idea that all creative people were "just born with it". They've been hard at work their entire lives.
I couldn't write a thing 10 years ago, now it come naturally, through years of work on it.

Do you think it's about rewiring your neural pathways? I think that's why it comes "naturally" to some kids. Their brains are impressionable and ready to rapidly build new pathways

Perhaps. The earlier you start being creative maybe the faster you'll get where you want with it.
But like any craft you have to develop through practice.
You don't just think, "oh I can't be an engineer because I wasn't born an engineer", you fucking do the necessary shit needed to know how to be an engineer and do it until it's second nature.

>the first reason why the violin is so hard is very obvious, it's because you right hand and your left hand are doing completely different things
Isn't this true for almost any instrument

Look, a Chad who has a deep appreciation for music theory, and has fostered an incredible amount of talent after years of dedication. And is now making a video encouraging beginner violinists to not give up.

>he just isn't a natural talent

oh sorry ur right user.

chink detected

>chad

>You don't just think, "oh I can't be an engineer because I wasn't born an engineer", you fucking do the necessary shit needed to know how to be an engineer and do it until it's second nature.

Sure, but who will be remembered? Who will be the Mozarts and Michelangelos of their time?

If you don't have a soul to begin with, your music is going to be soulless regardless. Music to some people is a shallow way to flaunt status and skill, rather than exploring the depths of reality and time.

The ones with the good PR managers.

Talent = intuition. Skill = (effort + attention) * time. Talent can somewhat reduce the time required to build skill because it means that you have to pay less attention to the craft but it's not necessary if you have the determination.

Is your pic implying that it came naturally to rich? Listen to his soundcloud dump, most of it is total trash. Most artists have the illusion of insane ability because they can choose what to release and what not to release and what they do choose to release is polished by other people.

Dude, he made Xtal when he was still in high school/college. The guy had god speak through him on multiple songs. Rhubarb is like beauty captured into sound. Not to be a dick rider, but very few electronic musicians have accomplished what he's accomplished so simplistically. His best tunes are his simple, wandering melodies with not a lot attached, and I have to say that I've listened to a fuckton of ambient and electronic stuff that has tried to do what he did and they simply don't have that soul in them. They feel empty in comparison. That's not to say he's the best musician of our time, or even one of the best. But I can name a handful of songs that are at the absolute top 10 of their genre.

>And is now making a video encouraging beginner violinists to not give up.
Sounds like you didn't watch the video, because what he actually said is to not even try to take up the violin because you aren't good enough too

We completed a math problem for once

Jesus Christ he was hard to listen to.

>It's impossible to see where the notes are.

Then use your ears you silly bitch. Is your brain so underdeveloped can't remember where on the fingerboard makes a goddamn note?

look I didn't watch the video and I'm not here to make a coherent argument because I'm really fucking stupid. now get off my board.

Franks parents are NOT rich. If you cant figure out that frank is a giant troll, youre retarded.