What the fuck happened to hip hop Sup Forums?? i'm aware we all have different tastes in music and especially rap...

what the fuck happened to hip hop Sup Forums?? i'm aware we all have different tastes in music and especially rap, but what the fuck is happening? why did drake have one decent mixtape and album in 2009-10 and FUCKIN SUCKED since yet he's on top? views was a horrible fuckin album, the XXL 2016 freshman class is the worst fuckin thing i ever seen, (lil dicky, kodak black, denzel curry, lil uzi are DECENT) but wtf man.rappers are so complacent, the niche rappers who didn't write were rare, now it's like no one gives a fuck, it's whoever has the most charisma. i'm so sick of this BS. even kanye west is so lazy and making shittier music than he used to.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g
youtube.com/watch?v=EBHJH0dsEN4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IB00dxiy4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

javascript:quote('66938866');

>lil dicky is decent

what am i supposed to think..he sucks? i mean he can rap decently.

>>lil dicky is decent

mfw you don't know The Antagonist is indisputably one of the boldest, most honest rap songs of the past year.

>why did drake have one decent mixtape and album in 2009-10 and FUCKIN SUCKED since yet he's on top?
Normies eat anything up, once someone has the platform the actual quality of music doesn't matter anymore. He reached his established plateau he'll sit in and forever churn out shit until someone hotter comes to his level.

>he XXL 2016 freshman class is the worst fuckin thing i ever seen,
XXL Goes after who's hot, not who's up and coming/skillful it's a popularity contest so they can earn more revenue. Use your head.

>lil dicky, kodak black, denzel curry, lil uzi are DECENT
wew lad

the first 2 or 3 XXL freshman lists went after talented artists though. at least the "hot" up n coming rappers at the time were actually making good music

People like you ruined it by supporting shitty artists

their music isn't shit. for example, desiigner and lil yachty

WTF IS THAT MAN

Because Rap is profitable and once money gets waved in front of talented artists faces they sign contracts and do what they're told. Same fate happened to rock and it will happen to rap as well. The music industry is to blame.

Designer and Yachty are shit but it's hilarious how the OP thinks hacks like Uzi or Dicky are any better.

>this muthafucka this muthafucka this muthafucka this muthafucka this muthafucka

its actually not bad but its drake tier at best

rap is going to fuckin die bro. it will just be underground artists continuing to innovate and succeed. i remember when b.o.b was fuckin dope (he still kinda is) and his debut album was like, a watered down pop mixtape.

top 40 "hip-hop" is more pop than rap at this point

theres still a ton of good stuff if you look past normie music news u fucking pleb

i am OP, and uzi and dicky ARE better. not great but they bring something to the table. lil uzi picks nice beats and flows nice to them. he's more pop, not an MC. but he's a decent artist

>the antagonist

literal hopsin-tier garbage

i don't know many MC's that stay consistent or relevant without quitting or just getting way worse.

Then you don't know many MCs.

i know good music. name me some since you know

>lil uzi picks nice beats and flows nice to them. he's more pop

You could easily say the same broad statement for Lil Yachty or Desiigner. Uzi is just another zero-identity, vaguely catchy trap artist. How is Desiigner and Lil Yachty any different than the aforementioned?

MF DOOM and his side projects
Aesop Rock
Black Milk
billy woods
CZARFACE
Mos Def
Run the Jewels
YG
Kanye 2/3 of the time

Literally dozens, maybe hundreds of other easily accessible artists.

desiigner is abrasive , and i've heard more catchy hooks in barney songs and lullabies than in lil yachty songs. better and more coherent lyrics in my 12 year old brother's book of poems. that dude is straight TRASH i don't know why anyone thinks he has lyrics, flow, hooks, anything.

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g

this is what happened to hip hop

youtube.com/watch?v=EBHJH0dsEN4

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IB00dxiy4

hip hop had brief renaissance around 2010 but now it's flooded by nigger music

they fuck with him cause he's different, new sound new appearance

doom is great, but barely relevent, hasnt done shit in years. black milk is ok, i get bored sometimes listening to him, but he's good, i should probably listen to more of him i never really gave him a good chance. mos def, i fuckin love him, crazy good. run the jewels, that's the group with killer mike right? yea they're good, kanye is good, becoming trash. i mean i have a lot of good rap in my library but it's becoming scarce as time goes on. i'm finding myself supporting few artists. wiz khalifa, curren$y, b.o.b, and kid cudi are the only MC's i look forward to anymore.

He's literally a Future clone, and Future's trash.

DOOM's always releasing albums, he's supposedly dropping one this year and he dropped one with Emperor Nehru a little while back. Kid Cudi's last album may be the worst thing I've ever heard, but w/e do you senpai.

That damn word filter doesn't let you say f a m anymore?

anderson .paak was also there even though he isn't a rapper so much
I really liked him before from nxworries and the features on katrayanada and med/blu/madlib

>anymore
it's been like this since like February son

>T.I.

Nigger what he has one good album

i fuck with this, already got these songs lol. appreciate it, good looks this is my style

I haven't said it since it first became a meme.

is he really always releasing albums? why haven't i known this. anyway yea that album i just kinda sweep under the rug or listen to it as an experimental punk rock grunge by a hip hop artist. to appreciate it i guess

He usually changes hes name when he collaborates or changes creative direction. His next one should be released under the name DOOMSTARKS. I think he's got almost a dozen different albums counting his side projects and KMD.

Hip-hop is dying
Hopefully a new rapper with a fresh sound gets big soon and revitalizes the genre
Because right now it's shaping up to be like rock where the only good stuff is underground hipster rap and the mainstream of the genre declines in quality until people just stop listening to it and jump on the next hip genre

Every genre has always been that way. We just only remember the good stuff from the last few decades because most people didn't continue listening to mediocre albums after they ceased to be relevant. It's 2016 anyway, not like anything's ever going to be difficult to find.

every genre? i like to think rap lived the longest.

Come on, there are peaks and troughs for quality of mainstream music
Like how rap between the golden age and Kanye is almost universally seen as a dark age for hip hop or the 80s a dark age for rock we're in another dark age for hip-hop where boring trash dominates

There's always been trash artists in every genre at the top. Maybe you've got your golden ages, but you've always untalented people making loads of cash while good artists remain obscure. And remember, Illmatic, Enter The Wu-Tang and Black On Both Sides were released in that dark age you're talking about, not that they were small releases. You've still got good mainstream artists making music at the moment, and there's always an underground scene to draw from.

i understand, i guess i'm just really fed up with the direction it's going and XXL freshman line up. and the whole drake eminem/joe budden beef is making me upset because drake cannot hang with them at all so why isn't he just coming out n saying "i suck compared to these people" drake sucks man

Once you look at every piece of celebrity media as a monetary investment on their part, it becomes pretty easy to understand what's going on. Just listen to some open Mike Eagle or something and enjoy the originality.

GODDAMN. It is unbelievable that no one has yet mentioned Kendrick, the guy makes good music, only a Sup Forumstard can deny it. He's the beat rapper right now.
>Inb4 nigger music
>Inb4 WE

he's overrated, pretty good lyricist but his execution is frekin bad. his beat selection is ok, but his flow is fuckin wack. i gotta admit it. section 80 was a pretty good album, good kid mad city was ehhh, and butterfly was ...TRASH

This
Not this

I liked Kendrick better the first time I heard him, when he was called Andre 3000.

coming from the biggest andre 3000 fan, they are not the same. he's overrated. last album was a wannabe aquemini and was TRASH

Andre has a way different, more fast, staccato flow with samples based in southern gospel, Kendrick has a more rhythmic flow with beats based on jazz and west coast boom bop, how are they similar?

i am saying they are NOT similar. but kendrick's flow isn't more rhythmic, it's just a faster harder rhythm than andre most of the time. andre's are smoother, slower, sometimes can be equally as fast, more melodic

Ah, gotcha. I feel that Kendrick constructs his verses around the percussion and bass line, while Andre goes more for the treble.

i can see that, but rather than the treble i feel that andre's verse goes with the riff more.

I don't think he follows the riff so much as he meanders next to the phonoyiff

i dont know what that means

It's not a thing. The riff is also part of the treble.

i meant to clarify if the riff is bass he can flow with a bass too, rather than explicitly treble. kendrick i think is more percussion based.