Is Mr. Sweatshirt the best rapper making music right now? If not, who is?

Is Mr. Sweatshirt the best rapper making music right now? If not, who is?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/riversidejynn
youtu.be/OL7FRB6Iu3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

soundcloud.com/riversidejynn

> PACK UR FUCKING BAGS KID U WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. INVEST YOUR TIME NOW.

Me desu

no thatd be DOOM

Yeah I was thinking this, but then I thought, has DOOM done anything really significant lately? Like his last album was born this way and that came out in 2009, and while it was a bretty great album, the long hiatus makes me wonder if the time has come for a successor and I can't think of anyone better than Earl.

He had a feature on the Frankie Sinatra song. Hopefully DOOMSTARKS comes out soon

trash

JJ Doom? And he technically was on that Bishop Nehru album, which sucked.

earl is trash now

2depressed

Why do you guys not accept the fact that kendrick is the best rapper of this decade?
Kendrick, joey bada$$ and earl are currently the best out.

schoolboy, kendrick, the game

This

>What is Danny?

Am I the only one who's not on the Kendrick Lamar bandwagon, his lyrics aren't that great and are very overrated.

oops, i accidentally won the thread

its definitely earl, if he would be a little more aggressive with his delivery its over.. lyrics/wordplay wise he is miles ahead of everybody else.. bruh is too damn clever

plus he mostly produces his own shit, but on YT hes played like 10 new songs live.. 5 sound hype AF and i know he wants to change his moniker (big doom fan) and the other 5 sound dreary like IDLS. but his wordplay is incredible on these new tracks im hyped for a new earl project

Danny Brown and Vince Staples are better. Earl is up there though

I second this

>Danny Brown
XXX was fantastic but everything else is subpar and unoriginal

>The Hybrid

I listened to Frank Ocean, i guess i was curious as to what all the hype was. It sounds like a mainstream rap album, a solid 5.5/10. I have no idea why channel orange got so many great reviews when it came out.

Am i being memed?

yeah Keys to the Kuffs is killer bro

keep up

meme

>Mr. Sweatshirt the best rapper making music right now?
i dunno. Earl is like an intro to 'dope rap' I sorta got tired of listening to Doris over and over again. I didn't like idls.

$uicide Boy$ have a similar 'depressed' vibe, and put out a lot of content. Their lyrics are very powerfully delivered and their production is quite good for underground rap - I'd say they're doing it better than earl atm. Earl hasn't even put out anything for over a year now so idk what you're really talking about anyway.

fuck off

It's not a rap album.

v dumb

bones is pretty desu

clearly young thug

no question

That would be Tyler

Why does white boy even make rap? He looks like he belongs in some gay tryhard band.

Rap is a broad genre so you'd need to be more specific.

he got my attention at first, thinking he would mature and grow as an artist. As of now he hasn't.
From what I've seen, the guy is not that intelligent and doesn't really bring forward any cohesive ideas.

Yeah i really don't know why Sup Forums generally doesn't want to accept this.

damn that nigga ugly

but he is black and it sounds like all other rappers.

Kendrick lamar man

It really doesn't. He sings more often than he raps.

Objectively correct.
Sup Forums tries its hardest to have shit taste

that verse was pretty fucking old though

Yes, pretty much this.

His flow is out of this world and the music is good.

honestly this, I think Chance gets a mention too Y/N??

The game is the biggest hack
>red rose white ceiling

This. Don't like that poppy shit that Joey put out recently tho

el-p, obviously

>schoolboy, the game post 2005
>best at anything
lmfao

No way. You can argue about his production or whatever, but he's a hack rapper.

Exactly, I don't know why people try to make this shit so fucking complicated.

trash

meme trash

Schoolboy's sound is changing rap if you haven't noticed he's more influential then kanye will ever be and he only has 2 albums. The game is the only west coast rapper I can think of who's stayed relevent for over 10 years. Earl the sweatshirt is boring and has like 2 hit songs for his career, gtfo

Burt Bacharach

>Implying freestyling makes you a good hip hop artist
>Implying every other rapper doesn't do the same shit

>Schoolboy
>2 albums
>what is Habits & Contradictions
>what is Setbacks
>Earl the Sweatshirt

I meant to say 3, setbacks was a mixtape anyway. Earl has sub par beats I'll admit he's top tier lyrically but that isn't what makes a good rapper

Dis nigga b makin music for white boi shooters hold this
L

School shoooter dat iz

School shoooter dat izzz

still Chief Keef, once he gets his shitty 360 deal with Alki david under control hes taking over the rap game once again

you may be talking about open m.e

look at this fucking dusthead, it's about flow and vibes not "muh lyrics"

$uicideboy$ are tryhard memeshit, the chubby one can hit some nasty flows but it's honestly not worth getting into

For sure

Add Vince Staples and Freddie Gibbs and I agree 100%

He did the beats, which were good. Nehru sux tho.

contrarians are finnally being pushed out of Sup Forums thank you user, I knew I wasnt alone on this

He's very good actually

Finally, Kendrick hasn't had one bad album

He's certainly a better rapper than memeshit that gets posted itt

I'd agree, even as an old head. Anyone anywhere near his skill level aren't even trying anymore, or have slipped from mainstream appeal to underground status, like Pharoahe Monch, etc.
I also like where Flatbush Zombies and Underachievers are going. Beast Coast in general.

i don't know or care about joey but yeah kendrick will probably be remembered as the most important rapper of the 2010s

you are the reason there is no substance in hip-hop any more. fuck off.

Because I saw kendrick live and he was really bad.
Like imma let the backup track do 80% of the verses while i just shout yeah and nigger bad.

Could it be that you saw him in his gkmc era? I've seen some videos from those gigs and it was just him and a dj and it looked very shitty.
I can tell you that I saw Kendrick live last year at a festival and it was fucking magical. He had a whole band with him and he performed almost the entirety of gkmc instrumentally. Holy shit I already get goosebumps thinking about how he opened his set with money trees and everyone got hyped as fuck. See for yourself.
youtu.be/OL7FRB6Iu3c

It's a shame he only played three tpab songs though.

Og swaggerdick senpai

Hes not my favorite but I admit hes the best rapper right now

ITT everyone jerks off to Kendrick Lamar

HHH counts, right?
it's clearly him

What I like about Kendrick is that he has actual fucking skill yet he doesn't show it off but only demonstrates every once in a while. His flow at the end of Rigamortus or his rhyme scheme on the Black Hippy mix of That Part are both insane.

It's user shares his dislike for a respected artist and doesn't share his own personal favorite rapper to criticize post

What are you talking about he did the collab with Flying Lotus

I didn't criticize Kendrick, I actually think he's a bretty great rapper but the circle jerk going on here is just ridiculous don't put words in my mouth user ;)

I know you didn't user but if you been here long enough you see those "kill whitey"(dumbest shit I've ever heard) threads about kendricks tpabf, so it's hard to draw a line what kind of poster you are