Inb4 1 year

>inb4 1 year

This was a good ep Sup Forums.
was it perfect? no. Was it worth the wait? Yeah it was. While it wasn't as tight as the first EP at least this band is pretty focused and has quality song writing.

Hopefully in another year they'll get an album together and get some professional recording. All the elements are there

the main problem with topotp is that they dont seem committed, they could be good but 6 songs over two years isnt enough time to build any momentum. fwiw the ep's are alright. they sound really DIY but the music is good

Agree but give it an unironic 8/10 desu

I wasnt on mu when the first EP came out but I saw the summary of the band in last nights thread. I can see why people are bummed after waiting a year. I checked out both and the first three songs were better but the new ones are still good. Also everyone mentions The Nouns but I think Only Person is a lot better, they only bring that up because both bands are >bandcamp hidden gems

Anyway its pretty good but no reason to get upset, my 2c

can someone put this on rym? the last couple threads mentioned it but i can't find it

Why dont you just do it?

Also the first EP was actually good this one is shit. Not a newfag and was actually here for the first hype train. This was a letdown.

I can't find this can someone gib link or download

theonlypersonontheplanet.bandcamp com/album/still-a-void

ty fampai

>focused
>three songs in one year
>not even quality recordng for those three songs

k

Disagree senpai. Since the first ep there are a lot of improvements
+better guitar
+more drums
+bigger sound
+energy
+ album art(first was shit)
+more and better backup vocals
+/- singer still meh
- recording quality

I'm still optimistic topotp could take off and is worth the hype

first time ive paid more than the 0 minimum for a bc download. glad they came back.

(you)

Didn't want to fall for the meme but this was dope, got both of the EPs. Pleasantly surprised Sup Forums

i don't have an account ;_;

best meme music of 2015, good to hear more even though its not as good

Okay newfag thanks for your blog

I don't think they should be getting shit for the >1 year meme

One year between releases is pretty standard and one year for 3 songs isn't surprising for a band that gets no attention outside of a Chinese cartoon forum and literally played like 2 shows in their hometown

new music was good just like the old and I hope they make more and stay together. Do they even know they have fans?

the other EP was better but both are good. Havent heard them before but seen them in recc threads, grabbed both EPs fo free

The only track here that channelled the feels of the last three is I'll be the Bogeyman (You can be brave)

Other songs were good but not nearly as much. 7/10 anyway, downloaded

I agree with you but I like the other ones anyway, they show more range. If we ever get an album at least we know they'll be able to rock out. And 'good day to die' sounds different but definatly channeled the weary drinking song feels of the old ep

bogeyman is so good. those keyboards.
can you imagine how it would sound if they had professional recording

>Indie band with good lyrics and no shitty non traditional instrumentation
>No guitar solos

This is good thanks for posting it op. Foes anyone have a backstory on this? seems like everyone knows about it

Does * sorry on mobile

I capd this in the last thread, newfriend :^)

thx senpai

not bad, i downloaded both. why are they only on bc? on one side its good that they dont care about facebook or shit but on the other they will never go anywhere.

>Caring about Facebook presence for a band that makes authentic music

Are you a grill

It'd be so good. I love the keys in all of these songs, best part imo.

Thanks for this m8 I had no idea what everyone was talking about. This is good stuff, first Ep is better and I see where the hype from. ....emmie lou was kinda weak but the rest was good desu

np bros

(you)

fuck off, this is the best new music on Sup Forums since death grips became meme of the decade

Its alright. Kinda let down because the first one was better. So much hype then a fucking year wait for this but maybe there will be more soon. Oh well, back to the whiskey.

7/10, could be a 9 with real recording. I would like to hear more though, really short eps

anyone remember how shit the first album art was? this is a huge improvement it actually fits the band.

Literally no one knows about this band except for Sup Forums, sometimes if a band is more popular they'll put more effort into the music they make, which is what I think this EP suffered from.

Seemed pretty reasonable to me, but I agree the new one was better

true, Id like to hear topotp with more polish but i dig the authenticity the way it is now

>tfw the band doesn't believe

There's something beautiful about that.

A band that doesn't know of any fans that keeps making music just to express feels. An anonymous group of fans that connects with the music and silently cheers them on.

And the band never knows, they just continue for the love of it. Hold me mu ;_;

just listened, loved the first EP and this one is a good supplement. I hope they make more

Agreed this made me go back and hear the first and it was truly something special. These werent bad but couldve been better as three tracks of a more polished album. Oh well. Check back in
>one year

I don't think I've ever gotten drunk to an ep more than I did the first from topotp, found it in a drinking music thread on /r9k/

>and when my head explodes I'll turn into a tree

>at least youre free :'(

>"At least you're free"

what is this viral marketing wtf totally forgettable nobody band and everyone is "discussing" it in a totally non-Sup Forums way

>thread been around all day with many posters and general "could be better" attitude
>doesnt remember the first time this was posted
>"ugh! this isn't my Sup Forums! where's the death grips and k pop! no new music allowed in my secret club!"

fuck off newfag

iktf

Today is a good day for you to die

6/10 desu

downloaded anyway

I can't tell if Emmie lou is the best song or worst song here. House on fire is objectively the worst of the six

>tfw there will never be a full album that captures the feels of at least youre free
>tfw 3 songs a year for two more years until they split up and no one ever knows

>Objectively the worst
>Not Good day to die

but user I like house on fire

This is overzealous. IMO there have been 4 good songs out of the 6. They were really good, but this band is going nowhere.

first ep was like a non shitty mumford and sons. second ep was more original but less good. i heard during the first hype train and enjoyed it and the new stuff was a breath of fresh air but couldve been cleaner or had more songs. dont really know where theyre going after this but id buy an album if it ever gets made

>if it ever gets made

user pls

Fpbp

Couldn't have summed it up any better. I still enjoy it and find it unique.

this user has it

1st ep
>fuck: mind it races, heart it bleeds
>marry: at least youre free
>kill: house on fire

2nd
>fuck: bogeyman
>marry: emmie lou
>kill: good day to die
>post-kill fuck: that bonus track after emmie lou

if you dont agree with this you are a pleb or a shill

Lel

Same. I want them to know I cared and maybe they will put out something more substantial

we'd be lucky to get another song at this rate

they had a longer time between releases than the average amateur band lasts

Really cant disagree with this, damn. You should send it to topotp to steer them in the right direction

>right direction

user the beauty of this band is it's been completely detached from any feedback at this point. if we get an album before they even find out they have fans imagine how pure it will be

If they never realize they have fans there will never be an album.

;_;

I disagree but leaving in the post kill fuck because that shit's hilarious

1st
>fuck: house on fire
>marry: at least youre free
>kill: mind it races, heart it bleeds

2nd
>fuck: bogeyman
>marry: good day to die
>kill: emmie lou
>post-kill fuck: that bonus track after emmie lou

Didnt even like this band after the first ep but had it all on repeat since i started drinking tonight. This must be the charm and it fills a good niche, lacks something but makes up for it with somrthing else

emmie lou is the worst. not a bad song but it doesnt fit the vibe of the rest tbhonest

Combined with the other EP this is a solid 20 min and I hope theres more. First was still best.