ITT post:

>setups
>pickups
>questions
>memes
>vinyl gore
(cassette tape pickups welcomed too)

Other urls found in this thread:

hifihut.ie/turntables-ireland/pro-ject-essential-2-turntable-matte-black.html?___SID=U
youtube.com/watch?v=026sMaM8A5g
youtube.com/watch?v=e9j9y9dbItU
youtube.com/watch?v=GqC4SHg-qd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

recent pickups

the teen suicide record is really neat, looked like a weird brown with discoloration at first but when I hold it to the light it's actually a really nice olive color.

Got all these used a couple weeks ago

haven't picked anything up recently but i have a question about my copy of loveless

it's a double lp and i know it's probably bootleg, but does anyone know if the sound quality on this thing is decent? iirc it was like 30 bucks, so i'm hoping it's good, even if not great

and some tapes that I don't listen to in the car

mirin the anco and elliot smith lp nice stuff

>pinegrove cardinal
great album

>Hatred for Mankind - $200
>Buster - $80
>Plux Quba - $250
>fucking Diorama - 400 motherfucking dollars

I hate this gay format.

It's My Life is so ridiculously cheap to buy used, it's crazy.

thats insane.
why no pics?

the fruits of taking a vacation in quebec
got some great deals due to cad being worth less than usd
11 for elliot smith is p good considering its a popular album and new vinyl costs a fortune
also nice talk talk

Because why would I ever spend that amount of money on records, is why.

The worst offender until recently was always &&&&&, which is, to this day, priced at a low of $140 and a high of $500.

yeah, the prices can be difficult as fuck. i'm OK with paying maybe $18-20 for a reissue (maybe even $5-6 more if i really like the album) but some stores just milk it. i went to a record store around a campus 45 minutes away and they were selling some reissues for ridiculous prices. i checked out the prog section and there was a reissue of starless & bible black for $39, which is fucking retarded.

>tfw you bought the red copy of hit vibes for $10 and now it's selling for $125 NM on discogs
>tfw you bought otbcots for $20 and now its selling for $75 on discogs
>tfw i will never own a copy of govt plates

I really do my best to try and not settle for reissues, especially if the album is pretty old. Even worse is when the reissues straight up sound like shit, like the 4 Men presses of the Scott Walker albums.

But it seems like really fucking inane things are exorbitantly expensive all across the board. Most Silverchair albums are in the 100s.

The first press of Mellon fucking Collie and the Infinite Sadness is almost $300.

The pricing metric for records is absolutely ridiculous.

the mellon collie shit really irritates the fuck out of me
even the rerelease is like
$75-90 bucks or something like that

still wish arzachel wasnt so fuckin expensive too
its not a well known album so it boggles my mind as to why its so expensive

>almost every Current 93 album is $50-100
>even if you had the money, every album on your wishlist is too expensive

WHY IS ENTER BY CYBOTRON ALMOST $40, CLEAR IS ONE OF THE MOST OVERRATED TRACKS OF ALL TIME

I recently ordered Klatter and Walrus/Groon by Boris with Merzbow. Why do they put so many of their collabs on vinyl?
Also, I'd kill to find a vinyl copy of The Donca Matic Singalongs by Xploding Plastix.

rate my budget set up

at lp 120 and jbl lsr 305 speakers

thinking of getting a new TT with out a built in pre amp not sure if I should toss the speaker to

How do you sort your records, /vinyl/? Alphabetically? Does The Dave Brubeck Quartet go under D or B?

i have them ordered by when i got them. i just started my collection earlier this year and i'm just now reaching around 50 so this isnt an issue now, but it probably will be when i expand a bit more.

go to a thrift store and buy a decent receiver/amp for 15 bucks and some non powered speakers and youll be fine

>yyu - karaoke
Is that the same YYU that did TIMETIMETIME&TIME and Room Music?

Recently picked up this.

C93 is slowly reissuing their albums, don't worry

Under T of course

got these on sale at Fry's all new for under $40

I recently spent $100 solely on Eurobeat singles. I bought some other stuff as well.

Is there any other way to play 7" singles without using single use adapters?

dude you go to PREX? i recognize the price tags

a true patrician
how much was sily

I managed to nab the new reissue for about $20 while it was on Bleep. I haven't found time to listen to it yet so I don't know if the pressing is any good.

nice. nothing wrong with true love is my favorite indie rock album of all time. Side A is perfect

Tapes. All from Hanson Records.

yeah! karaoke is great but I have a hard time enjoying it in the same way as Room Music or Milk etc. Still really glad I managed to get the tape tho. I also a used 12" single that they did a couple years ago. have been searching for someone to sell me Room Music for a while

yeah! I love pinegrove but I haven't been able to enjoy it in the summer, just one of those albums I correlate with a certain season and emotion

whoa didn't realize far side virtual was pressed, that would be great to have!

I know the player looks dope next to the window but the sun can melt records. I miss having a copy of helplessness blues :'(

Too lazy to upload a pic but last week I finally bought a shelf that can fit my whole collection. I've already spend a little too much time staring at it.

Recent purchases:

>Bowie - Lodger
>Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
>XTC - Skylarking
>Beatles - Let It Be
all of which cost me around $10

Got that same YLT album last month. Props to you, they're my favorite band.
dank stuff all around
I've got about ~250, but a good one third of mine are albums I'd never regularly listen to, so my shelves are basically:
>Bottom: old shit I don't listen to, country, jazz, classical
>Middle: 'classic' rock/pop
>Top: Modern (post-1990ish) rock/pop and whatever pre-1990ish music didn't fit in the middle shelf
you are probably cooler than me (seriously)

Alphabetically, omit "the" last name, first name format, then by overarching genres (rock,rap,rb,edm/idm,jazz)

Lol jk what is order

Sort it with the rest of his discog (B for Brubeck) since he has solo stuff and having them seperate would certainly trigger MY autism.

year of release

These are my last vinyl purchases... My last overall purchases are ASMP and RDJ Album, both CDs

*AMSP

Fuck my shit up

How's the lp 120? Was thinking of picking one up.

hifihut.ie/turntables-ireland/pro-ject-essential-2-turntable-matte-black.html?___SID=U
Is this a good deal?

I'm starting to create an audio setup of sorts. I acquired a vintage receiver a few months ago that I want to get a turn table for cheap, since I did not spend that much money on the receiver. The most I want to spend is around $50, but less is preferred.

I checked craigslist, and there are 3 turntables that match this price point: a technics SL-Q200 for best offer, a technics SL-B200 of $25, and a JVC L-A31 for $50. All of these turntables are semi-automatic turntables. The SL-Q200 and the L-A31 are both direct drive models.

Is there a clear winner out of these turntables? Also, is there anywhere else I should check for affordable ones?

It's a decent turntable

Relatively recent purchases

bump

i saw you post this in the last vinyl thread and i went to check out the tortoise album. they are great

i wish i had enough money to buy expensive albums like this

These two weren't terribly expensive,

It's outdated now, but this is the most recent photo of my Swans collection

nah, that's an old price tag. looks like this copy has been passed around a few times. still sounds NM tho so I'm very happy

>pickups
Heh.

Holy shit that's awesome. I only have White Light, Love of Life, and Filth so far

I pretty much have a crate of dollar bin crap i got cause it might be interesting and a crate of the goods

bought these

also not in picture

>Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle

fuck, forgot pic (sorry for shitty quality)

Conquistador...senpai yes

1973 issue, near mint, can't believe I found one in such state

fresh duster record my dude

just got mine

Fucking great luck on that one man, looks brand new! Cecil is such a beautiful player

I've acquired a good amount of records over the years, about 200, and I just feel like selling them all. I love having them but I'm at the time of my life where I don't think I can really appreciate them anymore. I need cash just to do something and I feel that having this kind of collection is just irresponsible anymore

>Super qt with the best taste i've seen so far in these "girls show off their records" videos that keep being posted.
youtube.com/watch?v=026sMaM8A5g

>The most cringe vinyl collection video I have ever seen. skip to 13:20 to when he starts showing his new records.
youtube.com/watch?v=e9j9y9dbItU

youtube.com/watch?v=GqC4SHg-qd8

I am just glad this is such a nice thread so far.

Id say the jvc just cos it's not p mount

pls no, the feeling will pass

I suggest going to a used record store where they might be selling record players too.

That's how I got mine

i cant wait to come home from college, i have so many records and cds waiting for me at home unopened, im gonna post all of them when ill come home, i ordered the entire GY!BE discography on vinyl, 4 other records, and like 7 cds.

Have no idea about vinyl or turntables.
Do you guys think this is a decent cheap starter for people who want to get into making a collection?
Im planing on buying a really cheap turntable and then upgrade into more modern ones. The price is really cheap its like 20$.
is it worth it mu?

Yeah, that's not bad for $20. It's a belt drive so you'll probably have to change the belt, maybe the stylus too.

That would have a P-Mount cartridge, so keep that in mind when shopping around for a replacement stylus

My local record store is closing guises fuck

Going to an antique expo today with records.
Wish me luck

>move to new city for work about a month ago
>the few record shops/stalls I've visited have been generic repress shops for classic rock or the latest mainstream shit
>decide to go today to check out some shops in the supposed 'trendy' part of town
>first is some guy who owns one of the stalls who decided to put his house on Google maps
>second is a shop under a cafe, which was half decent and where I picked up this stuff

I say half decent but it was a pretty depressing affair. They had a second Hand bit but it was mostly the standard crap 80s albums people want to get rid of. Anything good was priced up a lot. Still picked up this edith piath 7" which I'm listening to now. also got this mushroom attack lp which looked fairly interesting

The new/repress section was pretty shit. Electronic section had only the most mainstream shit and was very small. Post rock section was half decent though, seems whoever orders stuff in likes that stuff, but all being new they were fairly expensive and seeing as I'm not that interested in that stuff I didn't go completely mad, I could have spent a lot more but didn't really bother. Picked up the new swans lp though because I was going to order it anyway.

Coffee was good though

great dogger user

reminder that if you spend more money on buying vinyls than upgrading your hi-fi system, you're the embodiment of everything that's wrong with music

An old bloke I work with has a huge collection and ga e these to me. They all need a decent clean. Other than that, pretty neat considering they were free.