What does Sup Forums think of this album?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gw0oF5eFeo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Always get it confused with Deceit even though it's a lot worse.

Which one is a lot worse? This Heat or Deceit?

Shit just like everything This Heat made

This Heat
to be fair it's not really that much worse, I just enjoy a lot Deceit more for some reason

lol I don't really blame you, their first album is a lot more experimental than Deceit

Very boring. Good, I guess, if you don't mind being bored and want to feel intellectually superior.

It really puts me off when artists feel a need to put in a jump scare in their music, like at the beginning of Horizontal Hold. I hate it in movies, and I hate it in music. Makes me less likely to revisit your stuff.

Aside from that, brilliant, godly, etc.

>I'm superior because I don't think I'm superior

I like Deciet a lot more, i feel like its got something of a consistent theme and I feel it is a lot better put together. plus nothing beats A New Kind of Water. Except of course Health and Efficiency, which is imo the best song theyve made.

>I'm superior because I call people out on thinking they're superior for not thinking they're superior

really wish there was more to their discography though.

Not for everyone and that's fine, try their second album for something similar but more direct than this.

I heard them play 24 Track Loop live and it was one of best things I've ever heard.

It's okay. Once you get past the initial whoa factor of This Heat's gimmick of admittedly putting together a variety of interesting sounds their songwriting ability isn't that great and thus most of their tracks are either lacking in cohesion or too repetitive depending on which release or track you're listening to.

do you feel the same way about Deciet? i feel like its much more of a consistent emotional and meaningful album.

I'm into it. I like it more than Deceit, although that could be because I heard it first.

Recently got around to listening this and actually gave it a relisten earlier today. Honestly, it's got a few decent songs (Twilight Furniture, 24 Track Loop, The Fall Of Saigon) and a couple outright fantastic ones (Horizontal Hold, Not Waving) but I feel it's a bit too "experimental wankery" for its own good. The Testcard tracks in particular were a mistake aside from The Fall Of Saigon transitioning beautifully into the second one but I'd probably be more compelled to give it more listens if the Testcard tracks weren't there.

That got me so hard. I turned up the volume on the first track and everything. Fun times, but I look back on jump scares and find them funny in general.

Haven't any of you guys listened to Camberwell Now?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gw0oF5eFeo
for anyone unfortunate enough to not have Health and Efficiency in their lives. I just love the beautiful mess thats going on and the ending is one that fills me with emotions understand as little as i do the lyrics yet is very calming imo

deceit was better

i loved deciet too much for me to get into them if you get what i mean. i would definitly be open to listening to them again. figure alls well is a good starting point.

ye

lol what a pleb

I think that it's sonically amazing, really fascinating at some parts. Some of the shit they squeeze out of their instruments for 1979 is total mad shit.

Unfortunately I don't consider it to have too strong replay value because while interesting sounding, some of the stuff on their just gets so grating or stagnant and I just can't digest it. Still, Rainforest, The Fall of Saigon and 24 Track Loop are examples of absolutely must hear music. Saigon sounds like a late 70's industrial sequeal to Venus In Furs.

I expected it to be tryhard bullshit but it was actually pretty cool.

I really enjoy it. Twilight Furniture is great.

I love Deceit and Health & Efficiency, and parts of their Peel Sessions, but the s/t never does anything for me. After a couple songs I want to change abums without fail

>tw one of them died of cancer just after they reunited and started rehearsing again in 2000

This Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deceit
if you disagree with this then you're one of the following: 1) retarded 2) plebeian 3) a child

but deciet is clearly the better album. its got much less experimental wankery and much more depth.

You don't seem to understand music as an art form. The entire point of music is to state something new and explore the unexplored, deciet is a sightly weird post punk record, This Heat is an incredible foray into musique concrete in rock music. This Heat is clearly the superior album, but if you're still a child (mentally or otherwise) and so you still like music that caresses your eardrums with smooth, polished, unprovocative, easy listening music then I suppose you would prefer Deceit.

And so on and so on

This is the mindset I used to have but Deceit does something the s/t doesnt, it BANGS

I'm impressed you managed to stay cool in the face of my extremely rude response, which I now apologise for. I don't know what I was thinking with that cringe-worthy diatribe.

the other guy isn't me, but youve got to understand that experimentation doesn't always equate to superior quality. dont get me wrong i do love the experimental wankery of this heat, but i think it pales in comparison to the more measured appproach of deciet, which readily lends itself to getting through some of the themes of the album. plus as said, it fucking bangs, i dare you to sit through makeshift swahilli without getting into it

great album if your looking for interesting stuff to sample, 8/10, would sample again.

EATIN ON AN ADDERALL WASH IT DOWN WITH ALCOHOL

Horizontal Hold's beginning is sick

Deceit is much better and way more consistent, but I'll be damned if Horozontal Hold isn't one of the best things they've ever done. (Even if the Peel version is arguably better)

Total loser moment. Carry these lessons forward and don't repeat again.