How the fuck is this noise rock

how the fuck is this noise rock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yi1LrNtVltg?t=3m51s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not, only out of touch retard teens whose relationship with music begins and ends with wikipedia/rym/etc think it's noise rock

I mean it's great
but really it's indie rock with a little bit more distortion

exactly

it's rock and it's noisy

idiet retards

so is hardcore punk noise rock too

all noise rock doesn't have to be as jarring as LDR

genres cover many grounds you monumental retard

I know, but it seems more noise pop than anything
>LDR
Who
sorry I'm barely awake

hi jim

who

>YLAM
>Not noise rock
youtu.be/yi1LrNtVltg?t=3m51s
bye.

Half of tar pit is noise.

Toledo ends in a drone of noise.

Those are only the most obvious examples.

Just because it has strong melody doesn't mean it's not noise rock.

Les Denudes, you idiot.

I love that wah effect at the beginning of little fury things tho.. solid album.

it was noisier than pretty much any other rock at the time, just because bands today are noisier doesn't mean you should be able to discredit the OGs

noisy indie rock =/= noise rock

noise rock is punk/post-hardcore you retards

You really need to brush up on Touch & Go and Homestead Records artists, and the noise rock scene of the 80s in general

Noise rock existed well before post hardcore was really a thing

the lung is the most beautiful guitar solo i have ever heard and every time i listen to it i feel an urge to cry. just wanted to share that with you anons.

the touch & go/homestead scene was post-hardcore you mongoloid

you're autistic. you probably don't think sonic youth is noise rock either

I fucking hate revisionist genre labels.

No one called it that then, and they shouldn't now because it really doesn't sound like post-hardcore today, unless yoyre stretching the label so far as to be meaningless. And if you're using it in a more literal sense, post-punk is a better term (still mistaken, though) since the band's came out of the punk scene more than the hardcore scene ( which was just starting really, in the mid 80s)

shitty avant-teen-core post-punk and/or noise/drone being made with guitars -> decent-good shoegaze -> bland alternative rock

no, they aren't and never were. noise rock is punk music. noise/drone made with guitars is still noise, having a guitar in the arrangement doesn't automatically equal rock music.

idk why you insist on trying to redefine an already established genre in order to make it fit inside your personal ideas of what it should be. you sound like an egotistical loon to me.

because how it is established by dumbass kids on rym and out of touch rock journalists in rolling stone is at odds with what the term means in real life

>and a kid on Sup Forums in 2016 would know more about it than rock journalists, and people who were actually alive then
noise rock just means noisy alternative rock in the 80's faggot. get over yourself.

I'm glad you shared that man cos I feel the exact same way

it's pop rock with heavy distortion. think the knack with heavy clipping.

Who the fuck cares?

>Les Denudes
>LDR
wtf are you talking about

>1987
Bruh Big Black put out Songs about fucking that same year. Im not discrediting Dinosaur JR in anyway, that album is super solid, but your statement is completely wrong

is this noise rock?
answer: yes

if this is noise rock (which it is) then so is OP, since OP is noisier.

nigga what
swans? sonic youth?
shit the velvet underground did sister ray

Stop these petty arguments about these psuedo moronic genres. I dont know how many times I get in arguments with friends where all we say is
> "Band ___ is definetly Post punk"
> "No they are noiserock"
> "Ok so they are postnoise punkrock?"
> "With some PostHC influences!"

Its fucking stupid and you should instead be talking about where the influence to the music comes from, that is actually meaningfull instead of debating over your made up sub sub genres.

it was still noisier than MOST of the rock music being released at the time, and certainly noisier than all of the popular rock music

It was shoegaze but shoegaze didn't exist at the time so they called it noise rock.

this is a ridiculous statement