I'm here watching some videos of Europeans reviewing cars or driving on the autobahn and I notice that almost all of...

I'm here watching some videos of Europeans reviewing cars or driving on the autobahn and I notice that almost all of them are automatics.

Are newer cars sold in Europe automatic or do people there still buy manuals?

Expensive brands/models come standard with an automatic, while cheaper ones mostly sold with manual.
Like VW Golf is more popular with a manual, but VW Touareg already goes with an automatic as a standard option.
>I notice that almost all of them are automatics.
What were the cars?

Also, question to Euros.
I was browsing German and UK Toyota websites and didn't find the new Land Cruiser and Camry models.
Are they not available in the EU? It surprised me, because they are the best selling Toyota models in Russia.

Yeah, most new cars are sold with automatic transmissions. They're faster and more efficient than, so why would you get a manual?

Most European sports cars are pretty much exclusively sold with automatic transmissions these days, like the V8 Jaguar F-types, the AMG GT, the Alfa Romeo 4C, all the supercars, etc.

Land Cruisers are available but not Camry,
they have Auris, I believe it's the same price range as Corona, which is slighly below Camry.
then they have Prius

if they want something more luxury than Auris, they'd jump to Lexus.

>Land Cruisers
I mean V8 model from my pic, not smaller Prado version.

then no,
there's only Prado version in the market

It's understandable with Land Cruiser. but why is Camry not popular? It has the comfort of Mercedes E class and costs 30% less, it's reliable and has lower maintenance costs, great deal for a middle class as an everyday car or good as a taxi in car parks.

They're only more efficient if you're a bad driver.

DCT is more efficient than manual, obviously. Nobody's talking about old hydraulic automatics.

Like I said, only if you're a bad driver.

I doubt this holds true in other larts of Europe
Absolutely no-one drives automatic here

DCT is more efficient even if you're a good driver.

DCT is more efficient, period.

It will be when the transmission is able to read the intentions of the driver and see the layout of the road.

New cars are mostly sold with manual gear boxes in Germany. Cars are the most precious things we value.

>implying modern gearboxes aren't adaptive
>implying you can't change gears manually on DCT

>so why would you get a manual?
Because I actually enjoy driving

as I stated above,
they'd jump to Prius or Lexus, the government encourages it too.
taxis here are more of Mercedes, Lexus or Citroen C5, not Camry level.

>the best selling Toyota models in Russia.
only rich people can afford a brand new landcruiser in Norway

>they'd jump to Prius or Lexus
There's still a huge gap between them. By Lexus I think you mean GS300, because ES model is also not available on the market. GS starts from €47.100, ES would have the starting price about €30.000, while new Camry costs less than €20.000 in Russia, so in the EU I assume it would be €25.000 or so, basically the price of Prius.
Not like it's a bad thing that you don't have Camry or ES, just find it curious that our markets are so different.
Land Cruiser V8 is not for the average Russian here as well, but the base price for €45.000 is not so high either. There are a lot of them on the road, including new 2016 models, even in my not-very-rich-city, they are also very popular on the aftermarket due to their reliability. It's mostly for higher middle class, than for actually rich people, who drive German brands or Lexus LX450/570 as the direct alternative.

Over here sheepy plebs still prefer manual because it's a little cheaper.
It's ridiculous when someone buys a new car with 25k and chooses the manual to save 1k.
Due to this some 80% of used cars on sale are manuals, so those who don't wanna spend a lot of money on a car must be satisfied with manual.

In normal use modern at is objectively better. In urban area it's 9000 lightyears ahead. Only sheepy plebs say something else for excuse to their pathetic 4% saving on car price.

>most new cars are sold with automatic transmissions

Not here they're not.

In 2014, 60% of new cars were sold with automatic transmissions. Those are the most recent statistics I can find. But the percentage has consistently been increasing since the beginning of the decade.

Is this in Norway, Europe, or worldwide?

In the UK less than a quarter of new cars sold are automatic

That's strange, in the UK manuals are more expensive and automatics are cheap. People still always get manuals though

Norway.

>being a cuck who pays thousands for a completely unnecessary luxury item that changes nothing
get out mister auto industry shill

tbf you lot are all ameriboos so it doesn't really surprise me.

People don't get manual cars to save money m8

Out of all the countries in Europe, the UK is probably the most like the US. Your societies are both starkly divided into classes, you have the same hostile type of nationalism, the same worship of the military, the same first-past-the-post electoral system, the same conservative policies and the same tendency to put large corporations before the interests of the people.You even speak the same language.

Brits always like to think that they're somehow culturally distinct from Americans, when in reality the only thing that really separates you is that you have a queen and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Well obviously since America is Britain lite. But Scandinavia has hard on for USA

> Scandinavia has hard on for USA
What made you come to this conclusion?

>norwegian getting triggered

You lot really have your head up your own arses don't you.

But he's right.

Of course we're going to most like you that goes without being saying, I wasn't saying he's wrong, but to go YEAH WELL YOU'RE MORE AMERICANISED is just silly.

other Norwegian user here, we do more long distance driving than brits do since obviously our country is much longer and sparsely populated

automatic and cruise control is bretty good on long distance driving

That's a nicer less butthurt response cheers

I'm not triggered. I'm actually an Ameriboo, myself. It's objectively the world's best country.
It is hated by most Norwegians, though. We all buy American products, watch American movies, follow American trends and even talk like Americans. But most people nonetheless think that the US is a country of pure evil.

The prevalence of automatic transmissions has nothing to do with our feelings about the US, but more with us embracing progress. When manual transmissions were more efficient, we used those. Now that automatics are better in every way, we're starting to use them instead. The same is true in Germany, and it will eventually happen in the UK, too. I'm sure.

For long distance driving you might as well use a manual transmission because you're staying in the same gear for a long time. It's only when you're driving in the city that an automatic is less of a hassle.

>But most people nonetheless think that the US is a country of pure evil.

Funny that isn't it. I notice the same with young lefty students, they're very americanised yet act like they despise america.

I like yanks and america but dislike americanisation.

Automatic is the future but I prefer manual

>For long distance driving you might as well use a manual transmission because you're staying in the same gear for a long time.
it's still relaxing to drive automatic, because you don't have to constantly pay attention to the gears for 4-6 hours straight
maybe it's lazy, but who gives a fuck
anyways, I've heard people mention long distance driving for specific reason why they wanted automatic, so it's not just me

SUVs are not that popular here, mostly with immigrants who watch too many rap videos.