Which album was more important?

Which album was more important?

The one that people still talk about. If I have to tell you which album I'm talking about, then you're probably stupid.

I LIVE MY LIFE IN THE CIDEHHHHHHHH

lol Nirvana obviously. What did that oasis album do except give chad faggots a shitty pop song to play on acoustic guitar to get pussy?

Literally nobody cares about Oasis.

Nirvana duh

i started to love dicks since this album

Nevermind is way better than anything Oasis ever did and I it comes from a guy who thinks tha Nevermind is mediocre

>implying Wonderwall is on Definitely Maybe

You know full well that you made this thread for Nirvana circlejerking and you know damn fucking well Definitely Maybe is a better album

No lmao

Lmao fuck off. He's obviously an Oasis fanboy who knows Sup Forums is full of contrarians and figured nobody would shit on his meme band if he compared it to an album that's more or less universally hated on this board.

haha look at me with my sardonic two word reply

>proving OPs point
no-one fucks up knowing that Teen Spirit is on Nevermind

nigga i don't listen to oasis
don't expect me to know which song is on which album

retard
nevermind is objectively the greatest album to be released in the past 25 years

FFS the only bands worse than Oasis are U2, Blur, Nickelback, and ICP

>nevermind is objectively the greatest album to be released in the past 25 years
embarrassing.

He's right tbqh

Literally not even the best Oasis

>Not whats the story morning glory
You are doing it wrong

Damn son you are tarded 2bh. Probably it is in the bottom half of the top 20 ill give you that

Nirvana because of global scope. Nirvana may have been the most significant contributor to turning alternative rock from an American underground genre to a major global musical force. Oasis changed British popular music, but in most other parts of the world they were effectively a one hit wonder... which is a shame, because their first two albums have a number of songs that I consider stronger than Wonderwall

not as stupid a comparison as many replies to this topic would have you believe, actually

of course nevermind had the overall greatest impact; we're all—for better of worse—literally living in the future it carved out for us. however, both bands were phenomena that undoubtedly filled massive cultural voids in their respective home countries (that of a Great Rock Group to latch on to)

but while oasis went with the title as "the people's band" (or rather shrugged it off, as with everything else), kurt cobain—though he desired certain aspects of such a stature—would never have it (curously, pearl jam seemed to lay claim to that title). yet for someone who so staunchly peddled and defended his punk rock roots and brazen individuality, cobain was diminished and repackaged into a teenage cliché alarmingly fast, whereas oasis, during their numerous u.s. showcases, truly never gave a fuck (or were too stupid to give one) and were thus relegated to being "that wonderwall band" for the rest of their days

consider this: nirvana's mtv unplugged performance is the show's most famous by a wide margin; delicate and funereal, expertly rehearsed, flawlessly performed and etched into public consciousness as a macabre swan song in the wake of cobain's death. you can own it on cd, vinyl and dvd

oasis' try should've been a triumph—they were practically made for the format—but turned into a logistical disaster that culminated with liam deciding he couldn't be arsed to sing that afternoon, preferring instead to booze it up in the wings as his brother humbly assumed vocal duties. it's largely forgotten and has, outside of a few select tracks, never been released in any configuration

Oasis' Unplugged was on tv a few days ago and it was actually pretty fucking good and I don't even like Oasis on record/

are you a yank?
i think oasis are far more popular in the uk.
not known as the wonderwall band here, though i can undersatnd why it may be like that elsewhere.
nirvana are like that 'teen spirit' band here. no joke.
but anyone with even a slight interest in music is aware of them both.
i vastly prefer nirvana to oasis btw

it's not as bad as historical record (or overwritten Sup Forums posts!) would have you believe, but i believe they laid the orchestra on a bit too thick. i mean, it's easy to see why such a direction didn't resonate with 'the kids'—it veers dangerously close to sounding like radio jingles at times

i much prefer noel's acoustic gigs a decade later, one of which was captured for posterity on the mushy-titled "the dreams we have as children"

not a yank! not from the u.k. either, for that matter, so my outsider perspective might be completely off, but at turns i've been a giant fan of both bands during my younger years, and the scenes around them. i like to think i have some insight (but then again everyone does, don't they?). the "wonderwall" dig was spun out of how they're perceived in america, i believe liam even said that himself at one point. apologize for the confusion

i can easily see why you favor nirvana; aside from your own personal musical preferences, uk media is probably good for another decade or two when it comes to anything featuring the gallaghers

Maybe one of the most influential cause it's cemented as a classic and made Nirvana legends but greatest? C'mon man. Nevermind wouldn't even make the top 5 of 1991. Nevermind isn't even the best Nirvana album. But i'm guessing that's the just the opinion that comes with being an 16 year old girl.