mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Bread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/calling-all-owners-of-hardwire-pedals-semi-rant.1367926/
vocaroo.com/i/s19R68mr9LIC
vocaroo.com/i/s0aDbAD0ZoQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=xhSoXtLXYqo
youtube.com/watch?v=o1lX7JK-R68
youtube.com/watch?v=kPiJMrlEXUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So a guy wants to trade me my Fender MP Marauder for either a Yamaha Sbg200 or an Akai gx4000d tape recorder, should I trade for either of those? I'm interested in the tape recorder for babby's first recording but idk how to use it and the guy trading says he only used it a couple times. I asked if there was any issues and this is what he said
"There is, it records and the wheels turn great but there are shorts in the volume knobs that need tweaked. I never had the manual and don't know much about reel to reels so I only used it a couple of times" he also said "I Could throw in a cpl tascams too, porta 03 mkii and a porta 02 mkii" whatever those are.

If your guitar says "Squier" on the headstock, you're a fucking LOSER

If your guitar says "Epiphone" and wasn't made in Kalamazoo you're a fucking LOSER

If your guitar says "Fender" and wasn't made in the United States of America but was instead made in Mexico you're a fucking LOSER

If your guitar says "Gretsch" and is part of the Electromatic line you're a fucking LOSER

I don't care if you swapped out the pickups
I don't care if it was your first guitar
I don't care if it sounds "good" (it doesn't)
I don't care if you "like it" (you don't)
You are a LOSER

LOSER

If you claim to be a musician, and play one of these "guitars", you're a fucking LOSER

LOSER

I have more respect for the "musicians" posting on Soundcloud threads (check out this rap beat I copied but changed the tempo of using software) than any hipster faggot playing a god damned toy and pretending to be a guitarist. Why would anybody take you seriously when you're such a cheap and selfish LOSER that you can't even save up more than 300 dollars to buy a real guitar?

Ok so im gonna have a sick setup and have run into some extra cash recently. I've never fuxed with pedals a second in my life but i'm interested in trying them. what's the most unconventional and relatively cheap pedals y'all can think of? I'm gonna have a Guild X50 Cordoba in 2 months if that makes any difference.

New PRS SE "Floyd Custom. Coil tap and all.

What'd you think faggots?

What if mine says Kalamazoo?

hi

is that you gearmandude?

>tfw mine says "Peavey Raptor EXP Plus"

just gave my waifu a setup and she's playing real smooth

This is why I stick to First Act bro.

I would definitely trade for the SBG, that particular model was on the lower end but it's way better than the marauder imo. I would try to get him to trade something else on top too though, since the marauder does sell for a bit more.

Preferring my Les Paul over the Mustangs these days, but that doesn't mean they aren't mighty fine guitars.

sweet relic big muff

>Preferring my Les Paul over the Mustangs these days, but that doesn't mean they aren't mighty fine guitars.

He said he'll throw in a couple more reels For the Alakai and an Epiphone G400 Deluxe I might go with that

>Post picture of dick
>Calls others faggots

Oh lord that double pick guard, my eyes.

Outdoor gigs are fun when the weather is nice.

Thanks a ton that helped me out with the wiring last night. Got everything done, looks beautiful now!

What's your favourite pickup configuration?
Mine is HSH.

>hello kitty

I still need one

>Current year
>Not getting that purring low end

If I understand correctly, that means humbucker -single-coil - humbucker

haven't played a single guitar with a neck humbucker, though it might be nice. the single-coil I have on the necc is kinda muddy, maybe a humbucker would be the thing to fix it.
Maybe I should just fucking get around to adjusting my pickup heights.

Currently have HSS pickup configuration, which I don't hate
Would kinda like to try H-H tho, the middle pickup keeps getting in the way

THis t b h

A single p90 neck pick up is the true purists choice.

>pedal is kill
>frantically start googling
>find this
>thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/calling-all-owners-of-hardwire-pedals-semi-rant.1367926/

Help me /gg/, I love the design on this thing (kill me), but I want to find one that isn't shit.? Do I buy it and have work done on it, or do I buy something different? It's just aesthetically appealing to me. Anything like this?

>he fell for the luthier meme

I like SS
My main guitar has a lipstick in the neck, and a custom humbucker-sized single coil from the Creamery. Just put in new 300k CTS pots and upgraded some Floyd parts to brass and it sounds better than ever. Couldn't be happier with the sound of this guitar now

just 2 humbuckers

>only using one pickup

>using a guitar with pickups

lmao

>using

Shots wringing out, I'm soaking
eardrums shaking, years start weighing me down
>would you give you 34th year
>for a glimpse of heaven, now and here?

>using a guitar

>He uses more than one pickup

Honestly yeah you'll have to work on them. I would really suggest something different though unless you're actually backpacking with it, they just sound abysmal

>guitarists

Vocaroos anyone? Let's hear what you're currently working on.

vocaroo.com/i/s19R68mr9LIC

>"musicians"
you guys realize that's kind of pathetic, right?

I wouldnt even mind the size/scaling of it, the design is what draws me to it.

And yeah, I've heard they're shit

JOKES ON YOU MY FENDERS FROM CHINA

Jackson and Ibanez guitars here.

Soldano amp.

Yamaha SPX900 for effects.

i love HSH. If I'd buy another guitar it would be HSS though, I never need high gain with my neck pickup.

>aesthetically appealing

If that's what you're going for get one of pic related. If you actually intend to play it, get an LX1 or a GS mini.

Loving the black ass cellulite finish mate

I recently sold my LP

My mustang is my only electric guitar now t b h

I have a GS mini, and I know the backpacker looks a bit funny, but I like it, and I was looking for something similar.

New Nels Cline album is cheesy as fuck. I guess that's the point though

there's not really anything "similar". Only Martin makes them.

PJ combo on Bass

I've always wanted to see what their basses were like. I just want to try one

That's why I've been using a Spectrum (cheap strat knock off) for 7 years, bitch.

>How long did you faggots practice today?

I'm worried that if I practice too much, I'll start playing like Guthrie Govan, so I never do.

about 4 hours.

vocaroo.com/i/s0aDbAD0ZoQ4

Needs some smoothing out it doesn't feel like it hits so hard on beats 1 and 3, there's some very awkward jumps into unusual chords. Angel Romero did it better, but I'll clean it up in the next two months before the wedding.

>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me?

About 6 hours I think. Going to pull of maybe one or two more right now.

a little under 8 hours

let's see those pedalboards

around 9 hours

Dispatch Master and a mini Crybaby are in the mail

Funny enough I sold my LP for a Mustang

Ooh baby

You guys have a minute, post what you're working on.

Practiced a couple hours yesterday, but i'm out of town for family business so I won't be able to practice today and most of tomorrow.

Here are my unused

Can't, jack output is unsoldered and I still havent gotten my hands on a soldering iron.
Thanks for reminding me I need to learn new songs though.

wish you grew up playing a broken/shitty guitar so you wouldnt act like a jackass right now

>tfw mine says "peavey rockmaster"

can't too busy practicing

are you implying that the person who made that pasta isn't a poorfag troll who got triggered when people called squiers shit?

Excuses, you had enough time from practicing to make that post.

well I don't come to these threads often

I'm not bother going around at 23pm looking for a soldering iron so I can get validated by Mr. Cockgobbler.

Is an amplifier integral to what you're practicing?

>is an amplifier integral to wanking scales alone to a metronome

So you're not really practicing music then.
Turn the metronome down and let's hear it anyway.

some serious dulcet tones right here.

Senpaitachi what's the secret to Tosin Abasi's slap guitar tone? It feels so glassy and snappy, I know for a fact it's super compressed but I seriously can't figure out what the other key elements for such "perfect" tone.

2 tracks for refence below, any suggestions?

youtube.com/watch?v=xhSoXtLXYqo

youtube.com/watch?v=o1lX7JK-R68

Boss endorsement when

>Post gear
Hi.

Which brings up another thing I need to work on.
It's nice and soothing to play everything dolce on guitar, but it's more musical to have a wide colour palette to accent when things are supposed to be pretty and when they're not.

When they stop producing the MetalZone meme machine.

>Sandberg
My nigga. Always wanted one. What's the tone like?

who the fuck thinks scales alone is music ? do you think I'm michael angelo batio ?

partly bright fresh strings, and also using bass-like technique.
youtube.com/watch?v=kPiJMrlEXUA
When you're using fingers and not the thumb, dig in and pull the string a bit before releasing it, it gives that extra snap.

my lad I can do that shit easly, the problem is the tone, it's just too bright/clear/snappy/poppy/glassy idk how to describe it

>What's the tone like?
I could only give you a DI recording on clyp.it if you want that.
Those Delano humbuckers are super versatile, especially with the 3 band EQ. I plan on adding coil split switches as well.

it's full of mids. if you have one, use a single coil, his former signature model had one in the middle for a reason.

>single coil

JUST! I'll try to split one of my BKP Aftermath

>tfw the Axe Fx is still super expensive

HH with a coil tap. Only correct answer.

That might work too, his new model is only HH and he still pulls off that tone.
It's not a particularily complex sound to get imo.

Why is everyone on that AxeFX wagon? Any half-decent valve amp does the exact same job for half the price, especially if you're playing clean.
Anyway, have you considered Kemper?

>Why is everyone on that AxeFX wagon? Any half-decent valve amp does the exact same job for half the price

Well first of all it think it's super handy when you're touring considering it's size and weight. Second I think that the Axe Fx/Kemper are bretty gud when it comes to 7/8 string modern metal all on them mid heavy tones but kinda shit on everything else (even tho I've seen several rock n roll legends switching to the Kemper latelyI).
I'd never do post-rock or blackgaze or any of those "effects heavy" genres with an Axe Fx desu.

>Anyway, have you considered Kemper?

Yeah, the Kemper is a bit less expensive compared to the Axe Fx but I've heard it's a bit less performing when it comes to cab sims especially after the last firmware update on the Axe

Yeah I saw him live 1 week ago, pretty nice live. Idk about the tone, I've been trying to getting something similar for a few months now using both simulated amps and real amps but I'm kinda stuck, I should have bought the fucking vip package just to ask him.

>I'd never do post-rock or blackgaze or any of those "effects heavy" genres with an Axe Fx desu.
>I'd never use a high end multifx for effects
what am i even reading

>using shitty simulated digital fx instead of high quality boutique pedals

t. pleb

>Fake fx over real pedals

P L E A S E S T O P

Hey /gg/, could use some advice.

I want to get into fingerstyle since I get bored playing with a pick and I'm trying to figure out what fingerpicks I should get. Any recommendations? I figure I'd rather get plastic ones because I'd prefer the mellower sound compared to metal ones, but if metal is the way to go I'll do it.

I've tried using the just the flesh of my fingertips but it feels a little clumsy, and I'm primarily a pianist so growing out my natural nails or getting acrylic ones is not an option for me.

Don't wanna sound like a total jackoff, but if those two are the only points, there's no reason to spend that much on an AxeFX or even to consider doing so. Neither, with Kemper btw. Occasionally, you can find a used Fender Bassman which doesn't require you to sell one of your kidneys.
But if that's what you're going for, by all means, do it. Don't wanna play the judgemental jackoff.

>Implying "boutique" resistors and capacitors aren't the same as the "mortal" ones or simulators, even
Seriously, why do you think it's called AxeFX?!

I would try using the fingertips for often.
It's always going to feel clumsy until you're use to it.
I'd recommend using Giuliani's 120 right hand studies for exercise so you have proper technique too.
They're progressive studies so it's not like it's super difficult either.