Some guy incoherently moaning over an electro beat is regarded to be "genius"

>Some guy incoherently moaning over an electro beat is regarded to be "genius"

Why? Because they do some songs that aren't in 4/4?! Wow, that's, like, incredible man!

And don't give me the "dude you're just too dumb to get it man!" shit. I listen to The Smiths, Pulp and Manic Street Preachers, three bands smarter and more intellectual than Radiohead have ever been.

but idioteque is their only good song

It's not genius, it's just good music.

>Smiths, Pulp, MSP
>intellectual
kek

Scaruffi pls go

>oh my fucking god people are enjoying things that i don't

i love this band for pretty much my whole life and i think they deserve every single bit of their acclaim

every album made my them is creative (or has great influences, fine by me) and is an exploration, while being accessible

i can relate a lot with the lyrics

the lyrics are very cryptic most of the time but you can interpret any of your emotions to them

one of the best modern rock bands

also, no one says they're the greatest band of all time nor huge innovators

but they're one of the few bands that don't drastically decrease in quality after 1-2 great albums

i guess i'm fine with enjoying faux-avantgarde

pretentious scaruffi drones should all consider suicide

How are they not? A lot of thought goes into their lyrics.

>if I thinks a lot I are a intelechual

dude you're just too dumb to get it man!

They're just an enjoyable band man

neat opinion

"some guy moaning over an electro beat"

I mean, it's dumb as fuck when people try to over-simplify a band's music to make a point, but it's especially dumb as fuck when you're only describing a REALLY small portion of their music.

(If you want to know why they're critically acclaimed, read some of their reviews? You'll notice that they tend to be acclaimed for a little more than playing in odd times)

>incoherently moaning
Is this really how Americans hear British accents?

>lyrics
grow up kid

>shit. I listen to The Smiths, Pulp and Manic Street Preachers, three bands smarter and more intellectual

This b8 is insulting bad.

Don't reply to bait. They're an incredible band. No one can take that away from you.

Have you not heard "The Bends"?

>"sounds like women made this music, let's make this popular, we'll all get some cash off this shit." #essentialradioheadsellouting

you dont deserve radiohead

>Manic Street Preachers

LMAO be a little more subtle about your baiting next time. Thx

~Jimmy

Only people who have tried learning their songs and understand basic music theory give this band the succ.

During live sets, they change up their songs a lot and improvise. That's probably the most meritable quality they have, but compared to jazz, their improv is basic as fuck.

Also, their online marketing history makes them as famous as they are. That's why so many faggots glorify them.

They're just slightly-experimental pop, nothing more.

>Experimental pop
Commit suicide

They're the modern Pink Floyd
Mediocre, boring, generic, pretentious art rock that is still highly regarded because it got a lot of kids into "weird music"
But those kids now listen to Animal Collective and "indie rock" so you know

Most normie thing I've read on Sup Forums all week, good job

Don't delude yourself into thinking you're somehow not normal.

Less normie than you

Yeah man Radiohead is really experimental and inaccessible right guys??? You just aren't smart enough for it Shaking My Head

Everyone here is normal. Go back to r9k if you want to delude yourself into thinking you're somehow special.

reminder

The Holy Bible is as good as Radiohead's best work to be fair.

How can literally everyone on this site be normal
Literally makes no logical sense

What's your point? I don't care about critic reviews and I like both artists. It's possible to like multiple artists. You know that right?

It does. So many people think they're special when they're not

Yeah, too bad the music itself is rudimentary and mediocre.