"I don't listen to albums"

"I don't listen to albums"

OP, what are you trying to achieve with this thread?

whom are you quoting?

this

> People skipping tracks on albums, or unable to listen to a track until its end.

>"i don't listen to albums"
who you quoting, bro?

There is only one album that there's a track I don't listen to because it cheapens the end of the album. It's the cover of What a Wonderful World at the end of the deluxe edition of Major Organ and the Adding Machine

obviously OP still into caveman spongebob so posted this nonsense

>i waste my time listening to something I don't enjoy
holy fuck this board, I bet you're a radiohead fan aswell!

>driving around in the car with friends.
>friend is playing music
>skips to a new song every 30 seconds

It's like their attention span is incapable of hearing even a 3 minute song.

that's what happens when people stop reading books and all their entertainment is instantly gratifying social media, video games, and movies/tv shows

I agree. As much as it sounds like an edgy opinion, I loathe online culture, social media addiction, memes etc.

>I unironically listen to music

That's how I got here

you guys dads yet? i can hear the queen greatest hits album from here.

The absolute worst. It's not like they didn't know the song beforehand so why even bother playing it.

Hyperactive listening?

The only track I always skip is Yellow Submarine on Revolver.

Why listen to albums when you can just listen to the singles that are actually good and not shit like the other tracks?

what if you don't want to listen to a whole album

DELET THIS

Some songs on albums are shit so what's wrong with just deleting them?

>buys and album just for the singles

>buys an album

because we want to

>???
>beardo
>that picture meme formate reference

post ironic meta culture memes are fucking me up so bad i swear

i want to bite so bad >___________

this might be the cringiest thing i read all day

You mean you haven't seen anything more cringey all day, then?

You guys realize that there is literally no reason why you have to or should listen to a studio album in its entirety and consecutively right? The songs are written to stand on their own.

Congratulations, you got brainwashed by Sup Forums memes.

I assume some strange form of autism or OCD is at play.

>he thinks only people on Sup Forums are like this

>doing anything unironically
WEW
E
W

Is this an Odgens Nut Gone Flake reference?

I've never met anyone in real life, including brilliant and experienced musicians who think that studio albums need to be listened to in whole or consecutively. Do you even understand that most albums are just made up of individual songs made separately?

This
In the digital age there's no reason to sit through an entire album if you don't like some of the songs on it
Just listen to the songs you do like and ignore the rest
The "muh full experience" meme only applies to like 70s art rock and shit
For everything else the songs are standalone

I don't fucking get this board.

You have this weirdly strict and arbitrary ideology that dominates this board. It doesn't make sense musically, it is based off of feeling special about liking indie and slightly obscure music that is a small step above pop music while being pretentious about it.

You mock people who don't have a weird complex about listening to entire studio albums, there are always multiple threads praising a less known ugly Canadian pop musician who doesn't shower or shave her pits or unibrow, and most of you don't even know how to play an instrument or write music.

The weirdest part is it doesn't change. This board was just as weird and autistic as it was when I was here 4 months ago, circlejerking about the same 10 or so somewhat obscure artists and albums.

It's fucking bizarre. Of all boards on Sup Forums to exude autism and strange mental illness I would expect the music board to be the lightest on that Sup Forums tendency.

Nope, this board is very fucking strange and autistic while simultaneously being completely ignorant about music or how it works.

Teenagers and the mentally disabled ruin Sup Forums.

Holy shit.

You're kinda right.

Teenaged and the mentally disabled made Sup Forums what it is also Sup Forums is a meme that isn't self-aware which makes it cancer.

this kid

this kid

>expecting Sup Forums to change over 4 months
>taking Sup Forums seriously

you're just as retarded as everyone you're making fun of

this thread is magical

New pasta, thanks retard.

i know people like this its fucking obnoxious

>this board is very fucking strange and autistic while simultaneously being completely ignorant about music or how it works.

most accurate description of Sup Forums in a long time

>I skip a chapter in a book because I don't like that chapter

fucking lol

if you've already finished the book, there's literally nothing wrong with doing this

i skip looking at your mom's face when i fuck her because i don't like it

so why are they sequenced the way they are then? is it just random?

anyway, if i want to listen to some music, i dont just want to listen to it for 5 minutes yknow? like if i sit down to watch a sitcom episode im not gonna fuckin leave after the intro gag a i?

its much easier to click on an album and enjoy that for an hour than to think what song i want to listen to every 5 minutes

it's the same as those cancerous public playlists on streaming services like "workout" "chill" "summer" "party" "relax" and whatever. the artist made a playlist of their best songs. sometimes the songs are only loosely connected sometimes they are more tightly connected.

theres nothing wrong with listening to a single song but albums are realyl no different than playlists... i mean like if i want to listen to some afx tracks while programming then i can just click on analord 06 and then im set for 40 minutes... know what im saying? im drunk

And here you see the redditor outside of his native habitat
Go back to indieheads

yeah but most Sup Forumstards are autistic and listen to entire albums all the time because "muh experience" and allow individual bad songs to "ruin" their listening instead of skipping them

This only applies to concept albums
And there is literally no good concept album

Yeah I'll listen to a full album often but I'm not past cutting in to halfway-ish or just listening to whatever songs I want

>listening to albums with shit songs in them

that's your fault for being a pleb faggot

I'm listening to music on YouTube right now.

A lot of albums are like that. In the digital age there's no reason to listen to the entirety of, say, the Stooges self-titled and sit through We Will Fall or the last half of the album which is mediocre when you just want to listen to I Wanna Be Your Dog

feel free to do that but don't get autistic about people who like listening to albums in full when you're complaining about people getting autistic about listening to singles

Eh but sometimes songs u don't like at first will grow on you over time. That'll never happen if you don't listen to it...

Also >"muh experience" is often a fair point. An album doesn't have to be a concept album for it to be cohesive and form an experience or whatever.

Every album is different, I mean you've got some that are just collections of songs, then some that have a distinct opener and closer but not much else, then some where the track listing is important to produce an even listening experience (how to disappear completely coming after national anthem on kid a for example), then you've got albums where each song flows into the next, then you've got albums that are concept albums. It's a spectrum, like autism.

>listens to music
>2016

good for you

I'm not really paying attention to it, just kind of letting it come into my ears to be honest.

Yeah.

what are you listening to?

all american rejects

is OC btw

excuse my ignorance

cause wow if so

I can't stand 23 seconds of silence