Is there a rapper aside from Mr. No Features himself who can top this?

Is there a rapper aside from Mr. No Features himself who can top this?

No
2014 Forest Hills Drive is the definition of a modern classic that is ranked / compared to the likes of Illmatic

Agreed. How do you feel however about the claims that TPAB is superior?

who's mr no features?

Can someone help me understand his appeal? I find him to be boring as fuck

Yeah nah he's mediocre and ridiculously overrated

Let me guess, you need 32 bars with 4 simultaneous rhyme schemes and multiple flow shifts to be invested.

Why assume all this senpai, just tell him why you find it appealing.

I asked you a simple question you hostile cunt.

There is none. It's a meme, making fun of the people who circlejerk over him, repeating the words "Double platinum with no features." He's a shitty pop-rapper.

>literally who

It's shit

People like Cole because people can understand what he's saying. Brevity is the soul of wit. He doesn't have to do verbal gymnastics like your hero Kendrick to make interesting raps.

Do Americans really sit on their roofs?

>J. Cole

Shittin on niggas like a nigga was still a baby.
- The Come Up

Motherfucker, I'm the shit, I pass gas when I feel.
- Sky Boy

Aye this is big shit poppin', you gon' need a plunger.
- Heartache

They say I'm like the human body, I produce my own shit.
- Royal Flush

They light a fire under my ass nigga my shit hot, even if you squatted under volcanoes nigga your shit not.
- Waterbreak

These niggas thinking they the shit and they ain't even farted yet.
- Last Call

I be shitting on my niggas and my dough be farting.
-The One

Nigga, eat a dick, we the shit, no flushing.
- Disgusting

You wanna know how I know I'm the shit? 'Cause I keep clogging up the toilet.
-Disgusting

I'm on that shit as if I was the flies.
-Premeditated Murder

I potty train niggas, yeah, this that teach you 'how to shit'.
- Bun B For President

I'm the shit, you the stools.
- Wireless Festival 2010 Freestyle

You the shit only cause I digested you niggas.
- See It To Believe It

I let you feel like you the shit, but boy you can't out-fart me.
- Dollar & A Dream III

Swallowed the key to my cell, which means,
I got an impossible lock to pick,
And if you want my spot you gotta go through lots of shit.
- The Cure

Now they tell me “man you like the realest shit I ever smelt."
- The Cure

Fuck is that smell? I smell bullshit, it must be an election year.
- Get Free

I'm the shit you the shit stains.
- Backstage verse at Kendrick Lamar show

Grew up in this bitch without a pot to piss, no toilet, how ironic, I took a lot of shit
- Tears For ODB

She put up with this shit like she work at the zoo, true
- Sparks Will Fly

If your shit don't stink, nigga, my ship won't sink
- Revenge Of The Dreamers

You're talking to someone who probably listens to 100x the hip hop you've ever heard.

There's nothing wrong with Kendrick's rap style either btw.

rap is for retards

>You're talking to someone who probably listens to 100x the hip hop you've ever heard.
hahahhaha even if that's so it's irrelevant
>There's nothing wrong with Kendrick's rap style either btw.
there is. people can't understand what he's saying without going to rap genius.

>J Cole
>Interesting
Pick only one of these friendo

bump

I guess all black metal sucks then because the lyrics are hard to understand?

nah that's different.

>Oh look it's another I only like rappers who use dumbed down lyrics because it makes me feel smarter episode

You stupid cunt.

rap like this is so tireing, boring and uncreative. I can't stand these boom bam beats with popy hooks anymore

we need a Yeezus 2.0 now

Answer the man op

and you call me hostile. look, there's lots of different rap styles. Typically when listening to rap people want to get the message or story of the song without having to read autistic annotations, deciphering the lyrics. As music, it needs to appeal to the sonics. I actually feel dumb when listening to Kendrick btw. so it's not like I listen to cole to feel smart or whatever

it's totally different. people listen to black metal for the whole experience. in rap, the sonics come second to the lyrics.

wow those bars are pretty shitty.

J. Cole may not be the most entertaining MC, but he's a lot better lyricists than most rappers out. How many more rappers that sings repetitive hooks and loud trap instrumentals until no rappers put any effort into song-writing?

And his production is great too

Bait

Big Sean?

>no singles
>no promotion
>no features
>best selling hip-hop album of the year
cole. world.

Literally the only person so far to answer the question

(you)

Nas is dropping soon.

Lil B

Lmao more like NOs, he can't even get closer to King Cole.

You can't be serious. Nas is the originator of Cole's style.

He speaks truths

And the thing is, Cole admit it.

Shhhhhhhhh...Cole is the king baby, numbah 1
Greatest lyricist of our time, he's retarded enough so retards like me can understand his basic rhymes
I love it and fuck you

Why would you go out of your way to post this waste of digital real estate?

If you have a rebuttal I'm happy to hear it

His raps aren't interesting in the sligtest.
What he's rapped about I've heard others do it way better.
What's so interesting about a boring flow with shitty lyrics to go along with it, tell me please, I need to know.
What the hell makes him so interesting?
Oh right, he's a mastermind, I take it back.

Not him but I've said it several times in this thread. A lot of rappers just spit fire without thinking about how their fans will react to it. When Kendrick drops, people go oh shit that's fire. And then they move on. When Cole drops, people relate to it on another level. It's not because Cole is better but because people fucking understand what he's saying. It's that simple.

this is where we realize you were just baiting the whole time and any sort of discussion ends

We all have ears user, you're not special.
We all know what J. Cole is saying, and the only ones that relate to him are 16 year old hippity hoppers who think Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole are the only good rappers of this generation and post "We Wuz Kings and Shit" on their twitter accounts.
Stop it man, please.

underrated

You're being dumb as fuck. How does asserting that I understand Cole, while also making the point that everyone understands Cole, make me seem like I think I'm special? You dumb fuck. The point I'm making is that he's successful simply because people get it.

Kenshit lamar is overrated as shit

I don't even understand how the fuck he's so popular, fucking average rapper but I guess conscious rappers get more hype than they deserve these days since people "don't want to listen to mainstream rap's nonsensical lyrics"

>Big sean
>Literally a worse fucking J Cole minus the conscious rap

Big Sean is such a boring fucking rapper with no songs of his own that are above average.

It's fitting that he's dating Jhene Aiko, they both have vapid music styles and never have songs that are popular unless they're featuring on it or have someone more popular featuring for them.

This.

Resident hip hop expert reporting in with the verdict.

>Drake
Garbage
>Kendrick
Rehashed Andre 3000
>Cole
He's ok, haven't been impressed by anything though. Doesn't pass the goose bump test.

Awful boring pop rapper, will be forgotten in a couple years. The only thing that will be discussed about him is how strange that a mediocre artist went double platinum while having no influence, talent or impact

Kendrick is so different to Andre it's not even comparable besides the fact they use the same flow switching technique sometimes and are very intelligent in comparison to other rappers

>Kendrick is nothing like Andre except for these distinctive and critical stylistic elements which are absolutely the same

Ftfy

>very intelligent

Kendrick isn't fucking smart lmao

He says the same shit every other conscious rapper says, his wordplay and rhyme schemes aren't anything special, and he's not some superior lyricist like people say he is.

Earl is better than this nig but Earl is too busy being fucking depressed.

not that user but earl is a rip off of MF DOOM

One flow switching technique does not make one a clone of the other, you could say that about any rapper so since everyone is bound to have something in common with some one else

underrated

Hmm I kind of think people are so disillusioned by an artists popularity they deny simple facts.

Aka hive mind.

Kendrick

The hivemind here would be people thinking Kendrick is some modern day Tupac or something.

It's the same as people thinking Beyonce is better than everyone else.

He's riding the wave of a bunch of bandwagoners hyping him up, Bryson Tiller went platinum with no features but he's average.

And as soon as you get those sheep who refuse to actually think for themselves no one can ever criticise their artist without becoming a hater or a hate circlejerker.

where the fuck is muh avant hip-hop revolution
it took jazz some 20 years, and for rock barely 10 years

how come people can't just like music because they like it? Why does there always need to be some "they're just trying to fit in" notion

Because sometimes people are objectively wrong

Wow kek

this post and all of its positive comments SERIOUSLY made me gag

Just the fact that he relies on the use of the word nigga so much tells us he's not the greatest.

Good beats tho

>Cole fans think they're so much better than anyone else and have the most sophisticated taste

Why did I expect anything better.

>Cole is the best because he can't do anything other than simple metaphors

>Cole is the best because simpletons can understand him

>Cole is better than Kendrick because I get what J is saying first listen

>Cole is the best because he can't do anything other than simple metaphors
Correction, Cole could do Compton manlet's style better than Compton manlet himself can. He simply chooses not to.
>Cole is the best because simpletons can understand him
>Cole is better than Kendrick because I get what J is saying first listen
Every Cole song is like "I Gave You Power." There's two levels at which it could be understood. So while those who absorb music at a subcutaneous level can appreciate him, those who look deeper can find another meaning as well. Not to mention the superb sonics.

what if they don't?