Unpopular Opinions thread

I think that "Only In Dreams" is one of the worst songs off of The Blue Album. It's just a mediocre alt rock song that gets so much praise because "muh crescendos".

i think car seat headrest is good.

Punk is an all around dreadful and shallow genre.

all of the opinions itt are very popular

Perfect Situation is the best Weezer song of the 21st century and on-par with tracks from Blue and Pinkerton.

in the aeroplane over the sea is overrated.

Music that exists outside of:

Classical
Jazz
Punk
Metal
Electronic
Folk

Are not worth listening to as they are not as good at delivering the type of experience the best works in the above forms of music deliver.

>Loveless is overrated. I respect the work ethic of Kevin Shields though.
>I hate numerically rating music.
>Spoon are one of the greatest band of the past 20 years
>Hip Hop is the best genre out right now, and should be respected more as a genre and art form

>I hate The Smiths.The jangley and thin guitar work drives me nut. Morrissey's operatic style is cringeworthy and the lyrics sound like Oscar Wilde for 9th graders.
>The Velvet Underground & Nico is a solid 7/10 for me.
>In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is a 6/10.
>Weezer is a bad band. Just because they made 2 really good albums. The rest is pretty mediocre. The last good thing they did was The White Album which is like a 6.5 or a 7.
>Rock is dead. Nobody is doing anything new. Good records are still being made but nothing new or innovative.
>I like rap.
>I like Car Seat Headrest.
>I think there is some good country music.
>The best album of the 2000s was Kid A.
>The 60s are overrated.
>Montie is not that bad.

Merriweather Post Pavilion is a bad album and the only good song on it is Summertime Clothes

>Good records are still being made but nothing new or innovative.
I guess hip hop and electronic music are dead too if """"""new"""""""" and """""innovative""""" are the arbitrary standards of what keeps a genre of music alive.

>>The best album of the 2000s was Kid A.

college freshman: the post

>country can be a really cool genre of music and i wish alt-country was more popular

i can genuinely say that if you can't appreciate punk to some degree you don't "get it"

2010s Autechre is my favorite Autechre

>pretty hate machine is the lamest album in NIN's discography
>though I understand why the downward spiral is so popular, imo, the fragile felt more emotionally impactful and overall a more polished project
>trent reznor only got better with age; with teeth, year zero, the slip, and hesitation marks are albeit different, but really good albums

Neoclassical darkwave is the only good genre of music.

whom are you quoting?

ourselves

>visits a board where people who just turned 18 claim to have outgrown metal and that it's for children
>college freshman: the post claiming the total opposite of it

I love carseatheadrest! :)

>David Bowie is shit
>The Doors are shit
>art pop is complete uninspired garbage
>AnCo has never released anything worth listening
>experimentation in pop music is overrated
>50s rock and roll > 60s rock
>The Velvet Underground is the only good counterculture band
>Radiohead sucks
>Bob Dylan is a pretentious shit lyricist
>the Ramones are one of the best rock bands of all time
>Swans is one of the most creatively bankrupt and formulaic bands of the 2010s
>MIA is severely underrated on this board because racism and "hahaha isis rite guise"
>radio pop is great
>indie rock sucks ass
>Frank Ocean is an overrated and shallow songwriter
>post-punk is trash
>Trout Mask Replica was the original math rock album
>math rock sucks
>post-rock sucks
>progressive rock sucks
>most folk sucks and is pretentious and psuedopoetic
>reggae is a good genre
>disco is severely underrated
>"underground" music has been thoroughly commercialized and mainstreamed, most indie bands are designed to please with calculated "weirdness" and fill a middle-market niche of teenagers that want to listen to non-radio music. If corporations can control that then they won't lose money to independent entities and different/boundry-pushing/potentially controversial artists who might change the game suddenly. After punk and Nirvana they can't risk another big pop upheaval, so they control what "music lovers" listen to with tastemmakers like p4k and indie labels

delet this

I've never seen so much bait in one post.

>I hate numerically rating music.
same desu senpai
it just feels pointless, and that i enjoy the musicless once it has a number on it

It's not bait

Country music from 1935 to 1995 is the best music to ever grave this world followed by all polka

>Pop music as a whole is underrated by people who consider themselves knowledgeable about music, and criticize it as a way to feel superior

>Beverly Hills is actually a pretty great song. rest of album sucks, but still a stellar pop song

>Mount Eerie is better then the Microphones

>I don't like Bach, but I don't know why

>Power Pop is the most consistent subgenre of all time

>Loveless is overrated

>Titus Andronicus is the best band of the 2010's

>Montie is p chill

>New Order is a shit band

>TMR sucks, and Strictly Personal is the best Beefheart album

>Bob Marley is way overrated

Death Grips are a shock band. Their only trait is experimentation. Their music is emotionless garbage that has nothing greater of value than being provoking for no artistic nor intellectual purpose.

How could anyone be shocked by Death Grips tho

>I stopped caring about Death Grips after niggas on the moon/jenny death and I don't really care about where they're going or what they're going to do next

>Saying "Jazz is my favorite genre" is significantly less pretentious than saying "Noise is my favorite genre"

>Pink Floyd hasn't made a good album

>The question isn't "Is The Blue Album better than Pinkerton?" and vice versa are pointless as Pinkerton is the only good album Weezer ever made and is a complete fluke

>Most music really isn't that bad, but mediocrity is less discussion worthy

>the last good thing they did
>their latest work

make believe isn't that bad
not as good as their stuff
but not terrible, I enjoy most of it

can you recommend some polka? i only know frankie yankovic but he's entry-level as fuck

uhhh if death grips is meant to be provoking they're clearly fucking up b/c they're really a babies' "my first experimental music" band

Sez you.

Following the commercial and critical failure of Pinkerton (1996), Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo placed the band on hiatus.

sup montie!!!

>Trout Mask Replica was the original math rock album
>math rock sucks
I kekd

Frankie Sinatra is a great song

There's no really bad musicians, though Blood On The Dance Floor and Motley Crue come pretty close.

Lmaooooo either b8 or shit taste

Painting With is my favorite AnCo album