Why is this album regarded so highly here...

Why is this album regarded so highly here? I think it's a good album but I don't see what makes it exceptional and Sup Forums-core?

It's just funky enough that white people can enjoy it, without getting TOO funky. Seriously though, I have no idea.I've listened to it and it was okay, but I'd rather just listen to the funk albums that came before it.

In other words

>Can't you see you're not making post punk better? You're only making funk worse?

a lot of people enjoy it

Their style on this album was remarkably innovative and shaped a wide array of music that would follow it.

Just stopping in to say side B is the most underrated thing in existence.

Ok, I give this thing a solid 8, but I can't imagine that this is true

Lotta people have cited it as having influenced them

It's overrated. Good stuff though.

And Panda bear is influenced by Wu-Tang clan. And apparently about 100 other random things. Doesn't mean they each made a serious impact on his music.

Because its fucking good thats why. Once in a Lifetime is my fucking jam

shut up montie you're making this album look bad

>funk is the only deciding element in how enjoyable an album is

true.

It's basically the only good song on that album.

"TAAAAke a luk at deeez hanz" lmao plz fuck off people

Montie I would rather fuck old flabby David Byrne than horse girl

You should feel ashamed

I guess it just depends on how much you enjoy funk

I have no clue. This album is so boring. I feel like it's for people who aren't into music so this is their first/among their first "REAL music" album(s)

Can you really be this retarded

good argument

its one of the most important albums of all time desu

talking heads are an enormous influence on music today

the A side is absolute top rock music

first of all you're retarded

secondly you're a faggot for thinking Sup Forums-core means anything

thirdly its in the classics section of the original mucore chart because its a classic rock album and its not just regarded highly here you literal ape

how though, what has it actually done

why dont you try listening to music and figuring that out for yourself

for example 80's, 90's and 00's rock music

>what has it actually done
infleunced a shit ton of music

thats literally it. thats the answer. it is recognized by millions of people that this is a thing.

so basically i should just accept that i'll never get a real answer on this

because, honestly, i've never heard any music and gone "oh, well this obviously takes influence from remain in light." i really don't know what characteristics could lead one to say such a thing. the album didn't really start anything, it just took a bunch of stuff and mixed it up in a cool way. i can't think of something that would make me think remain in light influenced it because remain in light had too many influences of its own that could be read as the influences of any album that might happen to actually be influenced by remain in light. that's what i'm saying. so again: what about remain in light was so influential? if you want to keep saying "it influenced a lot of people," ok, that's not really what i'm disputing. people are going to be influenced by something either way.

when you say
>Their style on this album was remarkably innovative and shaped a wide array of music that would follow it.
it sure sounds like you're saying they did something fucking groundbreaking. being influential is not, in itself, groundbreaking. people do it all the time. so what did remain in light do that was so fucking remarkably innovative

> i've never heard any music and gone "oh, well this obviously takes influence from remain in light."
probably because
1: you only listen to mucore
and 2: you're an idiot

>what about remain in light was so influential?
um the music? what else would it be? their freakishly long dongs?

> if you want to keep saying "it influenced a lot of people," ok, that's not really what i'm disputing.
then shut the fuck up retard lol

so mad that you still have nothing i guess. suppose i'll fuck off then.

see
sage

Because fagtano said it was good

jesus fuck lmao I don't even mind montie but the level of ridicule he gets is hilarious to me

>i have nothing new to add but i really need to get the last word in

>

The fact that's it's not that good is exactly why it's mu core