Tell girls I can play guitar

>tell girls I can play guitar
>can't sing worth shit because autism voice
>girls aren't impressed when i'm just playing some lead part on guitar without any vocals
>the only songs I can sing and play decently are smash mouth walking on the sun and beatles yellow submarine

How do I sing and play at the same time I'm tired of trying to get pussy and having to play kids songs.

it's all about the beat

it just suddenly clicks like riding a bike

same problem here, can't sing and play for shit, but lately I have been practicing and I think it's slowly becoming better. It's more about practice because playing the song should be automatic for your hands, not even thinking about it while you sing and trying to sync your voice with the music is the hardest part that again requires practice. In conclusion practice more.

>learning guitar to get women

Poor show.

>How do I sing and play at the same time

seriously this what the fuck I just drop the ball on both whenever I try I can't even speak when I play guitar am I retarded?

>implying telling someone that you play guitar determines wheter or not you learn it for them
hey mom I just learned to play guitar
oh, billy you aren't trying seduce your mother are you?

you have to plan which syllable to enunciate on which specific strum

i.e. its all about the beat

Practice

To women, words are more important. They show confidence and verbal intelligence. The whole idea of being serenaded by some hot guy with a guitar is that you could actually be singing the lovesong about her.

t. can't play an instrument but can sing kinda good

quality trips

*or often in-between strums

Once you can play guitar well enough to where you don't even have to think about it, then singing over it is easy. Getting it to click is all about memorizing the two parts and their rhythm together, it's like two hands on a piano, you just play the parts slow together and it all falls into place after a couple of minutes.

"ghost strumming" can also help to keep the beat

Just keep doing jt until you're okay

OP literally said he's trying to get pussy you irredeemable fuckwit.

nice trips

If you can't sing, just learn instrumentals. More fun to play than just strumming chords, sounds better and if you're only in it for the girls, then songs like Romance/Romanza will still do the job

Blue board but eh...got sauce?

>yellow submarine
so you have ringo's vocal range. john and paul always wrote songs for ringos range with limited and simple melodies. for example- it took him many takes to sing the high note at the end of "with a little help from my friends". just stick to songs written for that vocal range and you'll be good

I don't understand why everyone who plays guitar is such an autist about this. Even the guys in my band are so afraid to sing and play at the same time and it just doesn't make sense to me why some people find this so hard.

You start small.

Just play songs with power chords and straight eighth notes and only a few chords. Early punk like the Ramones and Clash are good for this, and newer bands like Green Day too.

Once you can play those easy songs really well, learn the vocals equally well and start to put them together. You don't have to worry about you hands so much cause you just have to make the right one go up and down and the left one play one of 3-5 simple power chords depending on the song.

Then start to learn songs with more complicated right hand rhythms but still with only 3-5 chords. Some folk singers like Bob Dylan have a lot of songs like that, and Pop music from almost any era.

The appeal of pop music lies in its punchy rhythms over it's value theory-wise, so the songs still have only 3-5 chords but the rhythms you have to strum are slightly more complex.

Once you learn to do that, start working in other chord shapes, your major/minor barre chords, open chords, w, and start singing over it. The more you practice the better you will get and it just becomes second nature as you add more and more right-hand rhythm patterns and more chord shapes on your left hand to your bag of tricks. Eventually you'll be able to pick up any song with a lead vocal and rhythm guitar part pretty quickly and sing/play it.

Smashing Pumpkins and Blink-182 are bands with some really good rhythm guitar parts to practice singing over, and find some acoustic players you like and try to learn their songs and emulate them.

Practice it a fuckton and you'll fuck all the chicks you want because it really doesn't matter to women if you can play the guitar unless you're a virtuoso or you can sing while doing it.

After I branched out from guitar, singing, bass, and keyboards, and finally figured out how to play drums, and women FUCKING LOVE DRUMMERS. It makes no sense, but learn how to play drums and you will have tons of pussy.