Is piracy okay when the musician/band is sold out on CDs and digital copies?

Is piracy okay when the musician/band is sold out on CDs and digital copies?

dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/--18

How are they sold out of digital copies?

ran out of bit rates

Sounds like you want someone to tell you it's okay. Just do it, who gives a shit?

I don't want to hurt the artist or hurt anyone's feelings.

Piracy is always ok. I just choose Spotify because it's practically legal piracy. Less chance of getting caught.

Is piracy ever not okay?

JUST

>spotify

>tagging, downloading, hoarding, renaming, storing
Sure does feel good to waste what little life you have left eh?

>tagging
are you using youtubetomp3 or something like that?
btw you also need to download albums from spotify if you want to have them offline mongoloid

>Professionally printed, full colour lacquered CD in clear jewel case with 8-page booklet and double sided rear inlay.
>Comes with QR code on page 7 of the booklet that links to a free mystery bonus download.

Whats that "mystery bonus"?

Don't think of things in terms of "okay" and "not okay". Think of them in terms of actual impact.

First think, who's distributing this album? What's the record label? What am I buying it from? On this question, when you find that the band is on a major record label, often I find the moral thing to do is actually to pirate because usually with these big companies almost none of the money goes to the artist, and you're just lining the pockets of record company leeches. That industry is dying anyway, so you're just helping it stay on life support. Next check who's distributing it. Say you're going through Amazon. Amazon is cancer to bookstores. They sell things for so cheap that they're constantly at risk of going bankrupt, but they benefit from the same loopholes as Wal Mart. What this means is, people go to Amazon over other stores because books, CDs, etc. are cheaper, which kills many, many bookstores. So yeah, if it's between piracy and Amazon, piracy is the moral way to go.

If the band is distributing the album directly, or they're going through an ethical indie label (i.e. Dischord), then by pirating really is stealing from the artist. If you want to support their career, buy straight from them or their ethical indie label.

The last consideration is, would you buy this album if you weren't pirating? If you would, then you should seriously consider buying the record to support them. But if you wouldn't buy it, and the only way you'll ever have it is by pirating it, go ahead and pirate it - this helps them much more than you not having it at all, because if you pirate it you may become a fan and follower of the band, leading you to help promote them, go to their shows, buy other albums, etc.

this

No, i'm using Spotify you fucking simpleton. And as for downloading yes, and it's legal and does it in the background. If you don't have homosexual internet, which I assume you do, it takes seconds.

>if you have high internet speed, albums from spotify download in seconds
same rule apply to MEGA or torrents

>ratio
Next you idiots will be saying you've never tried Usenet. And if you trust the Chinese who run MEGA, go right ahead. Your funeral.

When the fuck is the re-press coming?

Is stealing someones baby ok if you cant get pregnant?

No, but pirating it is

same way developers can run out of Steam keys

this, basically