>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Bread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/a04w4pdw
gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Yamaha-Pacifica-120H-Electric-Guitar-Black/Z2F#full-des
youtube.com/watch?v=2RyMUqjVRE8
clyp.it/wewmd2ye
clyp.it/haf0cffz
youtu.be/yvXQykUWi5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for new guitars. Also post the last piece of gear you bought

>pick up a guitar
>record random something
>post

Do it faggers. Let's have an interesting thread for once, where any poster has to contribute with a little recording. Play random stuff, so that means no prepared pieces from your vast precious repertoire or some shit like that.

Oh yeah, and r8

clyp.it/a04w4pdw

The Ibanez wizard neck is flat as fuck compared to the strat neck and therefore a hell of a lot easier to play. That's probably why you didn't notice much, if any difference between .010s on yours vs. your dads strat with .009s.

>is it really such a huge difference going to .09 instead of .10? It didn't feel different trying my dads strat which had 9s on.
No. First three strings in a 10-46/9-46 set from d'Addario are the same, last three up to 4lbs of difference in tension when both tuned to the same pitch, but that'll mostly matter when bending.

Bought a maritime rosewood from seagull recently. Amazing guitar, but I feel like the action could have been brought lower when they set it up for me at the store. Am I wrong to think this? It is still playable, I just feel it is hard to switch positions or do a barre f chord on first fret. Maybe I am just used to electric? Is higher action normal on acoustic guitars if you don't want any buzz?

Yes, and unless you want to file down the bridge, your option is lighter strings.

gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Yamaha-Pacifica-120H-Electric-Guitar-Black/Z2F#full-des

What do people think of this for a first electric guitar?

I see, thanks

That or a 112 is a great starter guitar. I started on something far shittier.

Pic related, not mine, but the wood is described only as "laminate".

I wake this last night but to no avail but should I buy this 1966 stripped finish mustang for $800? It's a couple county's away. I talked the guy down from his original $950. Would it ruin the value of i refinished it to Daphne blue or its original Dakota red in nitro?

>double pickguards

You wrong for that

Looks like a gussied up cheap whore.

All that fancy shit and they couldn't take $10 to put binding on the neck?

more pics Don't blame me blame the guy who I traded. I want to remove it but the holes and screws just make it look just as bad

C-

Pretty gud playing, nice tone, the track feels "spacious", but it's still boring as shit.

It's already been stripped so I can't imagine the value going down by giving it back its original finish. Anyway go for it, seems like a good deal.

Wood grain doesn't look half bad. Stain it and oil in my opinion.

It's alright, if I want to keep it I'll refinish it Daphne blue or if I want to sell I'll put it back to Dakota red nitro and say I "restored" the original finish. I could probably flip this for a profit on reverb or something right?

>probably flip this for a profit
Unlikely.

Save yourself the trouble and don't buy it if you don't plan on playing it

GAS is a disease

Thanks m8. I like repetition though. I think there's too much music out there that makes too much sense. Leave some space for shit like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=2RyMUqjVRE8

>inb4 shitstorm

nah, refinishes don't add anything to the value. Maybe what it will cost you to refinish it at best.

I either planned on it being my main and painting it Daphne blue or if I didn't I thought I could sell it. I've seen one like this exactly on reverb for $850+$50 S&H but the headstock logo is missing. And a 1966 (like this) in Dakota red for 1,200 plus $35 S&H. The only thing that would stop me from keeping it would be the 7.25 fretboard because I can't bend as much even though I didn't mind it when I had a Gibson Kalamazoo student guitar

I've been playing guitar for 6 months, I feel like I've hit a brick wall, please could some whose been where I am offer some encouragement. I know I just have to keep on practising everyday and I do but I just need something to relight that fire I felt when I first starting learning

Does the EHX Him Debugger tone suck like the Boss Noise Supressor? I play through a Tuner

How does the neck of a Mustang feel compared to the neck of a Strat? I've got a Squier Affinity Strat and the neck is my favorite out of all of my guitars (including much "better" ones).

Discover a new genre and learn how to play it.

what about CFA#D#GC tuning?

I've been playing pretty easy pop songs so far, but I've always wanted to play post-hardcore but every time I've looked a guides I think I better stick to the basics as it doesn't make much sense to me, advice??

I had an affinity Strat and the unglossed neck is one of the best feels there is. As for comparison to Modern mustang necks the only difference would be scale length from 25.5" to 24.75" and gloss. They're probably both C shape like your Strat as well

Dip into metal, dip into punk, dip into punk. Hell, even dip into prog.

>user-kun i have become a real life girl just like you wanted! daisuki ~~~ !!

Will do, thanks for the advice

Hey gg i have an idea for a game we guess what style/s we mostly play based on our pedals me first you guys

You play buttrock mr Bigfoot

I wish to buy pedals, I don't know why but I just want them, what should I get???

The things I have my eye on are the ones by Abominable Electronics but they're pretty expensive, are they worth it?

(Also, I'd like to play more than just metal, so I guess my question is what pedals should everyone have/ I get first???)

only a lil buttrock not mainly though try again

you play punk flavored indie

what should i get for my first pedal? thinking big muff/some overdrive pedal/delay

Sounds like you need to stop practicing and start having fun mate. Learn some songs you like, crank your amp and fucking blast away.

Are you using an isolated power supply for your pedals? You should be looking to fix the problem at it's source before spending more money on pedals in the hope they'll fix it.

Also by "drop pedal" do you mean the Digitech Drop? If so you should have that at the start of your signal chain after your tuner instead of right at the end.

Nice coat of fur.

i would only get an analog delay if i was you i bought a dd3 and its a piece of shit

if your amp has a good gain channel i wouldnt go with an overdrive in that case id stick to a delay carbon copy seems top of the line to me though i dont have one yet

if it has cool enough reverb go for a fuzz or overdrive or distortion (which on lower settings is like a strong overdrive and on higher settings is like a weak fuzz)

dont go with expensive pedals yet nothingn over 100 id say

the camera angle+flash makes me look WAY hairier than i am thats like the layers all yhr way down to my feet shot on top of eachother like a tunnel if u understand what im saying

i have a hot rod deluxe and i don't really like the gain channel. a friend brought over a big muff he has and it sounded great.

the amp has great reverb tho so i think i'm gonna go with a fuzz/distortion/overdrive.

out of curiosity, why do you dislike the dd-3? i wanted to get an mxr analog delay but they're so fucking expensive

who /nesting/ here?

>tuning instruments
>cleaning guitars and drums
>recabling stuff
>gaffe taping stuff
>zip tying stuff
>clearly labeling stuff
>upgrading equipment
>sound checking
>chasing noise issues
>acoustical treating
>experimenting with drum mic positioning
>mixing and eq'ing drums
>making sure every station has all the amenities (drink holders, pic holders, music stands, reading lamps, isolated leads, floor tuners, amp stands, fans)
>picking comfy colors for my inputs in ableton
>basically LARPing a roadie
>rarely making any music

it sounds fake and gets a weird unnatural high end buzz/screech when i strum chords fast

I use a 1-spot with the extension plugs that connect to the 9 pedals in my picture. I feel like a dumbass knowing that it should be in front, I thought it would go the same as an effect like my Delay and Reverb

huh, weird

now THIS is actual autism

The MXR carbon copy analog delay is $100 used, i think $150 new.

I use a 1-spot with the extension plugs that connect to the 9 pedals in my picture. I feel like a dumbass knowing that it should be in front, I thought it would go the same as an effect like my Delay and Reverb. Also the hum debugger will be coming from a trade so idk if it be worth it, I'll probably sell it.

the punk part is kindve right

The muff is ok but Defiently go for a weak fuzz to get a perfect in between of an OD and Fuzz

EQD dispatch master
EQD sea machine v2 (limited edition)
Crybaby wah

cool shit, kind of got an "In A Silent Way" vibe from it. Is that a freeze pedal for the drone?

Here's some random shit I just looped.

clyp.it/wewmd2ye

yeah which is super expensive to me for one pedal

>The muff is ok
what would you recommend for a good weak fuzz

>tfw you fell for the jazz III meme

jazz III's are legitimately good

What the fuck is wrong with Jazz III?

I didn't like the big muff because it didn't sound "full" enough to me. If suggest the Angry Sparrow since its my favorite pedal but good luck trying to find one, I think they went out of business or the guy is building more to send out en mass.

Jazz IIIs are great.
Your pick's a Petrucci sig though. They're great too, but bigger.

Praise KEK
Jazz III is the best pick?

Man I like hearing weird stuff like that, good job.
>Is that a freeze pedal for the drone?
No, it's just swells overdubbed several times to fill in the empty spaces. I'm thinking of getting Freeze but I think it's got some sort of ringing digitalness to I it I don't like, don't know how to explain it.

I switch between Jazz III, Ultex Sharp and Big Stubby.

KEK IS REAL

One day it's all going to pay off.

>old pic, i'll take a new one when the octopre gets delivered.

same here, I prefer stubby for strumming

>can't actually explain why jazz IIIs are bad

Haha ! Time for your threadly trigger !

Jazz III is the best pick

Is the sparrow even fuzz tho. I don't think it sounds harsh enough, it's kind of mellow.

Wew lad, I have a clip I took when I compared the Muff to the Sparrow I'll upload and link them

somethign light but somewhat funky

twee

Tuner (Polytune Mini) and a compressor. I recommend the Keeley 2-knob or 4-knob. Depending on your amp, you may want to invest in a pedal or two for distortion, crunch, drive, solo boost, whatever. Nowadays you can't swing your dick without hitting good drive pedals so it's actually hard to pick out bad ones.
Reverb and delay are the most basic of effects that see play in almost every rig. Same thing as distortion/drive; there are tons of good delays/verbs at every price range.

So basically;
Tuner, compression, drive/boost/distortion, delay and/or reverb.
If you're playing with others, a volume pedal is an asset.

As for brands, just read reviews, and watch reviews. If you're new, everything will sound great, so try to watch reviews on recommended pedals before dropping cash. Don't fall for the memes about various brands/models.

Once you get a basic setup, you can branch into modulation (chorus, phase, etc), synthesis, ring modulation, etc.

is it bad I actually want one of these

I tend to use regular nylons for that. I also sometimes use a Pickboy Edge for precision.

9 is stupid, you've got too much range at this point, 8 is the most you should go for, and it's already a massive range.

thanks man, yeah the Freeze does have a little bit of a digital sound to it, I personally love that because it can lend to some interesting textures. You should give it another shot, it's a really useful tool to have if you're even remotely interested in incorporating drones in your music

Here's an improv I did a while ago with one.

clyp.it/haf0cffz

no clue but youre good at guitar unlike myself

Oh I don't care about the strings I just meant the lewd graphic

Eh, that's easy to do if you have a printer.

Yeah, I definitely want to be able to switch between different drones instantly, you utilize that in an interesting way. Do you have the clicky switch or did you mod it? I'll probably mod it if I get one.
Glad to see someone with a Jamman, everyones on the ditto bandwagon nowadays. Jamman is an underrated looper.

The silent switch mod? Nah, I probably should do it though, just knowing myself I would probably fuck it up.

Depends how you define "good" I guess. I mostly just create my own pentatonic blues backing tracks and then solo over them.

It's the only looper I've ever owned, but I do like it. Can't see myself ever getting a different one unless the Jamman breaks somehow.

Ideally how long would it take for a complete noob to get through each stage of justins course and overall complete the beginner stage.

Here's me demoing my Angry Sparrow with the Marauder
youtu.be/yvXQykUWi5Q

haha same so nvmd

southern flavored doom

It's just two wires, but if it's not annoying, why bother. I just don't like these basic switches, I prefer Boss ones (the pedals are ugly though).

when bae is ur lock screen

90s grunge/alt rock like Dinosaur Jr.

Tfw when trading "bae" soon

How should a tube screamer be used with a tube amp? Do I need to use the gain at all or does the level alone overdrive the tubes?

The level is the boost knob, yes.

IS THAT A 60watter?? I've been looking into super sonics, is the cleans and headroom close to a Deluxe Reverb? Also you probably play 80s alternative

that fuaaank

Wtf is twee, that Omaha shit? I play country

Someone actually spent not just 1000, but several thousand on this guitar.

That's beyond pathetic

Rank these guitar shapes:

>Les Paul
>Telecaster
>Stratocaster
>Flying V
>Explorer
>Jaguar