Why do people hate this album?

Why do people hate this album?

Most normies couldn't deal with its stronger focus on rhythm than other radiohead albums

2short

also electronics are werid i want to go back to listening to creep

plebs can't into slightly more complex and less poppy radiohead

not that i don't like poppy radiohead

There's no depth. It's just repetitive loops without any real substance. Bloom and Separator are great but a lot of stuff in between feels half baked

because it sucks

I wish it did. Pablo Honey had better bass lines.

They really should've just recorded this thing live and released it that way.

There's nothing wrong with the record, but much of the energy and groove of the rhythms get totally gutted in Radiohead's neverending quest to get that "perfect" studio take.

Just listen to Little By Little live, dude. Then the Brazilian-ish rhythm that they were going for totally clicks.

Its the firsr real expermental album from them, and most plebs cant comprehend what they are hearing

Because people wanted a sequel to In Rainbows much like how they wanted one for OK Computer, only this one wasn't as poppy as Kid A so it didn't blow up like they hoped. Still one of their best and most complex albums by far.

I prefer the in the basement recordings to the studio album desu

Because it's clearly Radiohead's most inaccessible album. Like others have said, it translates much better live (especially Bloom). Even though it's their shortest work there's no wasted space. There's an electronic glitchiness to it yet it feels earthy. It's very different than their other stuff but I love this album.

Because they didn't put the Basement version on it

everyone does. bloom is one of their best songs and it sounds great live.

Because its a fucking snoozefest.

I like this image

Because Thom sucks at electronic music and calling this a Radiohead album is generous. In classic Sup Forums tradition the contrarian autists will claim it's 2deep4u when really it's just a lukewarm take on electronic music that's been done better by thousands of other artists but because it's >Radiohead we get the luxury of having threads like these were people will circlejerk over their music IQ.

What does electronics like TKOL?

>calling this a Radiohead album is generous
This album was made by the band Radiohead

Bloom and Feral were great, the rest I could take or leave.

It's a pretty good album. If it hadn't been made by the same band that made OK Computer and Kid A, people would be a lot more generous in their assessment of it. For what it's worth, I enjoy it more than their latest.

Anyone who's ever made glitchy electronic music.

Radiohead in name only.

It's a good Album, interesting to say the least, however starting this thread prepare yourself for

>lol trash
>lol normies can't comprehend
>dadrock gone wrong

>Anyone who's ever made glitchy electronic music.
Like what specifically? Serious question, I need to know what sounds like TKOL but better.

This. Phil and Colin dominate this album

>tkol is one of my few 10/10's
>2nd favorite album of all time
>tfw haven't heard the basement version

what do lads

Just a suggestion, you don't have to do it.
I mean seriously you don't have to but

maybe

what if

guy, hey listen to me

what if you

listen to the Basement versions because you have nothing to lose but everything to gain by listening to it?

Some people say TKOL sounds a bit like electronic cumbia, but I think that genre sounds like the worst aspects of that album.

what if it's bad though

Then you continue listening to the studio version and never listen to the live versions again?

my mfw when

>Radiohead in name only
It is closer to their usual style than Kid A is to the Bends or Pablo Honey
Don't be dumb

I pissed my fucking pants

If you're insinuating it's a Thom solo thing, the whole sampling live instruments thing was largely Jonnys idea, pretty sure he even created the software they use on the album

>that face