This region has predicted or caused every major change in American political culture and history

This region has predicted or caused every major change in American political culture and history

It's the origin of and the only remaining bastion of the American work ethic and sense of civic engagement and duty

It's literally the only American region where education is a greater status symbol than wealth and acculturation is more important than superficial pleasures

So why are New Englanders such insufferable assholes? I just want them to be nice to me. I really like the history and the culture here, but the social life seems miserable

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pI1ZcYXkz2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thought this was dobrogea in pic

romanians stay out

tru yankee here

My ancestors lived in mass for 200 years before 1950

The answer is that Mass is a beautiful place but the people are misguided

Were pretty unattached to them here in SoCal. Don't really think about them at all, never met someone from there.

>So why are New Englanders such insufferable assholes?
id say a feeling of superiority tied to their relevance and identity, most of which stemming from your previously mentioned comments about them

They're also the cause of the SJW movement, which is descended from the Puritans due to the whole Calvinist thing.

In any case Southern New England is probably the most developed region on Earth outside of Europe, but Northern New England is more comfy ngl.

Yeah but SoCal is a provincial shit hole

You're some of the dumbest people with one of the worst K-12 systems in America

NorCal is where it's at

desu the irish probably resulted in that by corrupting our bloodline

>You're some of the dumbest people with one of the worst K-12 systems in America

>tfw when went to highschool in the top 5 of country

>NorCal is where it's at

You've obviously never met someone from there.

Also true, but Abolitionism and Prohibition were both prevalent in the area before the flooding of the Irish.

*shits on new england*

you're welcome

Muh ancestors were both english and irish

Also both of those were about making a better man

>irrelevant gookistan plus yankees

Fuck off junioer

Exactly, while the Southern Plantation owners, descended from English Cavaliers, were against both of them. Anti-evil and anti-fun often go hand in hand in American history.

It's true that New England is pretty much the source of the global social justice movement, and I agree with your explanation, but SJWs in New England are tempered by the fact that drawing too much attention to yourself and making excuses for your shortcomings is frowned upon there. It's once the idea leaves New England that it becomes corrupted by American vanity, narcissism and identity politics. A sensible Massachusetts person might suggest, say, allowing transgender people to use whatever bathroom they want, but by the time the idea's reached California, they're calling for forced gender reassignment surgery on newborn babies. They just have no sense of moderation or degree and take everything to the extreme, like children

>Cascadia
>irrelevant
New England doesn't even exist outside of Boston.

>>tfw when went to highschool in the top 5 of country

and yet still don't understand the difference between statistical versus anecdotal data

cascadia is the definition of irrelevant

the region is a reddit construct

Agreed, and I'm not blaming New England for the excesses of it.

Good thing I'm a yankee who lives down south

faggot

> Harvard
> MIT
> Dartmouth
> Yale
> Brandeis
> Brown
> doesn't exist
This is why the USA is declining.

Cascadia has already surpassed New England and the gap will only continue to grow.

At least the Pacific Northwest has a future.

West Coast folks are very poorly educated, they really can't help themselves

Everything east of the mississippi is straight garbage

As a Cascadian; no we don't. We're gonna get flooded with shitskins and chinks until we're 3rd world as has been happening for the last 30 years.

>Universities = relevance
What were you thinking when you made this post?

OK, now show me population trends in Europe versus Africa, and make the same argument

Really?

Nobody responds?

>tfw Illinois

False equivalence.

Is the the best that New England's great education system can produce?

Lol, you don't even know what that term means

this thread is very insightful

Just some interregional banter

we're assholes because the weather's shit and we've got things to do

talking to strangers is a complete waste of time

Lol it's New England that's provincial.

>It's literally the only American region where education is a greater status symbol than wealth
lol you're fucking delusional

This

We're very busy

I'm afraid you don't seem to quite understand the meaning of that word, friend

Threadly reminder

is the everyone hates new england thing just one big breakdown of communication is it chock full of genuine assholes

>brackets of .1
Fuck that

A bit of both. Southies are cancer, but Yankees are more reserved than the whole Southern Hospitality thing. Also quite a lot of it is jealousy.

It's mostly a meme. People from Massachusetts tend to be rude and sanctimonious cunts however.

I'd say there is some truth to it. A lot of people there can are "old families" who have been in America since the beginning and are wealthy as well as some of the most prestigious universities.

That shit often goes to their head.

This is an earlier map I made tbqh.

No, it's you. New England is very insular and has a history of rejecting foreign influences and pushing aside people and cultures that don't fit in like Mormons for instance. Southern California and the rest of the west is the opposite. It's a sponge. In American culture, it's the west that is lionized as a place where people can reinvent themselves and pursue their dreams.

Use smaller intervals man, A yellow province could be on the same level as Montenegro or Iceland.

north is best

NE is a colonial region, they spread out

I'm the grandchild of a colonist- I love my motherstate but the cunts who live there are worthlessly stupid

Here's a newer one I made. How are the intervals there?

The west is garbage, new england is classic america

New Englanders are community and humanity minded

Westerners are inward and individual minded

Much better. Admittedly .5 is still large, but it is precise enough to grant a decent understanding at a glance.

Indeed, I'm thinking it's neither too broad nor too narrow.

educated guess - this shitstorm is perpetuated by new yorkers, who everyone also hates

Partially this as well, though much of it butthurt Dixiefags who don't realize that the Civil War was 150 years ago.

I live in VA and am a yankee

Virginia and Maryland seem to be closer to New England now than Dixie.

Ironically West Virginia seems like more of a hick shithole than Virginia even though they were Union.

Maryland was always out there

Massachusetts native here

it's pretty much the greatest place on earth

I just came.

Based pre-automobile architecture.

Damn yankees. Still doesn't hold a candle to New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah etc..

except that Boston has more history and importance to American identity than all three of those cities combined!

Architecture yeah I agree, but on history alone, the Man's got a point Dixiebro!

The two main groups who infest San Diego County are people from some place called Boston - they tend to be ugly and greasy, especially the women - and shit bag military Rednecks from the south. Any remotely attractive Yankee women move to LA or NYC, poor SD gets the abjects, bit the lowest Yankee is better than Bubba the Marine from Arkansas.

>brandeis

nice fucking try.

California does have a special skill that attracts the shittiest people.

san francisco is a city that smells like piss in an otherwise one of the most beautiful urban areas in america.

warm weather = everybody comes. here the cold keep most people out.

>san francisco is a city that smells like piss in an otherwise one of the most beautiful urban areas in america.
I agree. SF is gorgeous with god-tier climate, but reeks and is filthy.

Lel. Canada's cool, but who really goes to the prairies?

i do

nature is cool but holy fuck taking a boat in the bay area is like the most beautiful thing to do.

we get like 0 sunlight in the winter and our summers are way too humid imo.

>Banff
Fair enough. Alberta is 50-50. I meant Manitoba, Saskatchewan.

Did that myself. Summertime is perfection on the water.

>In any case Southern New England is probably the most developed region on Earth outside of Europe
ITT: retards that think New York is part of New England

Actual new england is a shithole full of trailer trash and faggots directly responsible for the country's decline

>literally the same street posted every time
kill yourselves. You've never actually lived in Boston, Massivejewshits. It's shit. Don't let the southies on here try to convince you that they're Harvard grads

It's at least partially true.
Universities tend to generate a well educated local population, as many of them stay around.

Wealth and deacculturation are almost perfectly correlated with unhappiness. Although they're constantly trumpeted by our media as the "American Dream," they're as close to the opposite as you can find.

People love you when they love their own lives. They love their own lives when they have lives instead of huge amounts of money and fast food joints to live in.

rude desu

t. North Dakotan

>ooga booga muh wealth muhfugga

Why are Jew Englanders so brainwashed?