/daily/ - Dicks Extravaganza Edition

It's time to talk about male genitalia..

Listen to your meme library, show off your meme backlog, babble about new meme music, tell us what memes you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, post music, talk about meme, shower Termisha with praise, argue about meme opinions, be at peace with /rym/, and just let the good memes flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters btfo

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>get in here for fucks sake

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug but snug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>shitpost machine

Ask about the "Skype group."

Most importantly, succ

Erstwhile on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJWlzZ0bMPM
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/witold_lutoslawski/matrix_22/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/γιαννης_αγγελακας_and_νικος_βελιωτης/ποτε_θα_φτασουμε_εδω/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/asko_ensemble_schonberg_ensemble_slagwerkgroep_den_haag_reinbert_de_leeuw/des_canyons_aux_etoiles___/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/susanne_blech/triumph_der_maschine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for the benis

>be at peace with /rym/, and just let the good memes flow
This is my favorite part.

Benis :DDD

stop being dead start listening to this album

Pretty much nothing bad this time ‘round.

>Juan Atkins – 20 Years 1985 – 2005
Fucking fantastic. If you have a car, drift to this.

>Iron Maiden – The Number of the Beast
\m/

>Oval – 94 Diskont
beep boop

>Iron Maiden – s/t
2nd avorite album by these guys so far. I guess this shit is a semi-guilty pleasure but not really because I'm not afraid to admit this shit slaps.

>Iron Maiden – Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Idk if it's my superpower to immediately be turned off from any metal with prog-leanings, but I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others, though it still slapped.

>Hawkwind – Space Ritual
It's the good stuff they did before but live. The conceptual stuff is so fucking dumb but fun.

>Hawkwind – In Search of Space
In Search of Better Music lmao (jk this was really good.) Reminds me of Motorhead, but maybe that's just b/c Lenny is on these albums.

>Johnny Cash – With His Hot and Blue Guitar!
Cunt-ry musik

>Hawkwind – Doremi Fasol Latido
It's like the last one but worse

>Hawkwind – Hall of the Mountain Grill
It's like the last one but worse

Got No Man’s Sky and have been up for the past 6 hours playing it. Bed now.

What next tho

New Jambinai vid btw:
youtube.com/watch?v=cJWlzZ0bMPM

Good morning /daily/
I should finish some charts, first of all this one

Also I'll be on a bus for 17 hours on friday, so I need some music to keep me entertained
Would be happy about any recs that you think I could like
You probably know my "taste"
Needs to be on spotify
added this so far

Maybe it's a good opportunity to go through a complete discography, what are some consistent, not too big ones?

>tfw have only listened to 3 releases from the chart
I have to be better at following charts desu.

I'm alot slower than I hoped to be too
still unsure if I can finish it, hopefully will get done at least two today

Honestly it'll probably take me a long time to finally finish it due to all the other crap I want to listen to, those days/weeks/months when I don't want to listen to music at all and the return of actual things I have to do. I hope I can make it and not give up.

same, I'm hardly in the mood for new music lately, it's kinda annoying

I'm always glad and sad to see someone else going through the struggle of being unable to listen to new stuff. Let's just stay strong and try to complete this chart I guess.

Ohh shit it's one of the older pics I made for /daily/

Yesterday I saw North By Northwest and it was a shitshow for the most part. People put this on the RYM top 100? I can suck Hitchcock's cock when we're talking about Dial M or better yet Rear Window, but this movie was bad to mediocre. Shitty dialogue, bad romance, continuity errors and plot holes and half the fuccen movie what the villain did didn't make any fuccen sense. Oh well, I still enjoyed some moments.
4-/10

memez :)

no

yes though

yeah sure
i guess you can say you can such hitch's cock?

where are you heading?
anyway, some stuff I've been liking recently that i think might tickle your fancy:
>Good Night & Good Morning - Narrowing Type
>Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
>Nouns - Still Bummed
>Low - Trust
>Daughters - s/t
>Weed - Deserve

London's calling
thanks for the recs, promising stuff

Added Suicide rating

It has been on my list forever but I'm too afraid it will not compete with Fire of Love.
Bruce Dickinson fucked up Iron Maiden, the first two albums are the true classics
Roforofo, Survivor's Suite or the Fugs album. Parazoan Mapping is trite, pretentious shit

M8 just go full Slint + Squirrel Bait family

Purpa's album is the sonic representation of "inconsitency". O'Malley is really missing what the music he produces and writes should be about

>Roforofo, Survivor's Suite or the Fugs album. Parazoan Mapping is trite, pretentious shit
alright, going with Roforofo now
>M8 just go full Slint + Squirrel Bait family
already heard pretty much anything Slint related

it's not the same as Fire of Love so don't think it will be an inferior version of that album

snail is worst girl

/daily/ would NOT get in the robot.

Right, and snake is best

why would maiden ever be a guilty pleasure

i do tend to prefer the dianno albums, but the dickinson ones are great as well

I do like them too (expecially The Number of the Beast and Powerslave) but I think it's clear to everyone that their credibility and originality as a band were already falling apart. I mean, synth guitars?

this is the shittiest chart i've ever seen

>Discordance Axis – The Inalienable Dreamless

Well this was extreme.

The guitar work is a standout, is fantastic: the highly rhythmic and dissonant melodies are very well written and creative, with crazy amounts of variety. Despite the really short length of the individual pieces (only 4 out of 17 go above the 1:30 minute mark, and 7 are under one minute in length), these songs are extremely complex and hyper-structured: chord after chord after riff after repetition, played with maximum speed and precision; everything changes within a matter of seconds, but the writing is so consistent and organic it doesn’t feel random or chaotic, instead it brings to mind an almost clinical atmosphere.
The drumming is manic, almost schizoid: it rarely stays on one pattern for more than 5 seconds, but it perfectly complements the guitars and it can unexpectedly get pretty dynamic at times.
Jon Chang can go from painful shrieking to inhuman growls in a matter of seconds, and he never gets annoying or stale thanks to the variety.

Thanks to the extremely complex nature of this record and the great musicianship, every time I listen to it I discover something new. A pretty fantastic listen.

9/10

monogatari a shit

>what are some consistent, not too big ones?
The World/Inferno Friendship Society

>synth guitars?
what about them?

now listen to Longhena

>implying i even know what a monogatari is
I will probably listen to Grindlink

captcha: norman masters

Rec me some good films to watch tonight daily boys

The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas
or any other Greek Weird Wave flick

Thanks mate this looks interesting

The Good, the Bad and the Weird
Fucking fantastic Korean 're-imagining' of good bad and ugly.

dang, it's been years since I listened to some grindcore but that's a glowing review, going to have to check it out

>Hindley - Weak
>hip-hop, uk

W E A K performance. lyrics are muddled and sounds like something from high school that you thought was deep. The style is bordering on a slam poetry aesthetic and the beats are just ok, maybe a little reserved. Overall Bad.

Why not play synths instead? And, did they need to make their sound even more late 70s-80s than they already were? Not to mention how those guitars were used and how they tried to be more edgy and progressive without having any technical skill or songwriting innovation in several albums.

Now registering to Weakling's Dead as Dreams and it's magnificent as always

>Benjamin Biolay - La Superbe (2009)
Great double album of Nouvelle Chanson nicely orchestrated.

>Cybotron - Colossus (1978)
Underrated Ausssie Prog/Space Rock w/ a drone-ish sax. The CD reissue's tracklisting is fucked btw.

>Birchville Cat Motel - Chi Vampires (2004)
Forgettable Drone/Noise.

>Christian Kleine - Coreal (2016)
Pleasant Downtempo/IDM.

Diga Rhythm Band - Diga (1976) Fusion/Jam Rock
Pleasant side-project (far-eastern influenced Jam Rock) from a Grateful Dead band mate.

>Faraquet - The View From This Tower (2000)
Boring ol' Math Rock.

>Fountains Of Wayne - s/t (1996) Power Pop
Power-Pop that I used to like; now, I find it quite bland. There are few good songs ofc.

>Hal Blaine - Psychedelic Percussion (1967)
The problem is I really don't like drum solos, even played by by the most famous session man ever, nor mixed with light free-jazz & psychedelia.

Hype Williams - s/t (2010)
Hypnagogic Pop without vocals. Meh.

>J.K. and Co. - Suddenly One Summer (1968)
Original '60s Psych Pop.

>Jacques van Erven - Tunes & Scenery (1984)
Another sound collage tape: another waste of time.

>Jean-Philippe Goude - Drones (1981)
Interesting French Prog-Rock; not cheesy but a bit too long.

>Jóvenes y Sexys - Bruno Remixed [EP] (2010)
Unimaginative Indie-Pop/Folk.

Mashashuma - Adrenaline Fuelled Monkey [EP] (2016)
Progressive House; only the 1st track is great.

>V.A. - This Is It! MOJO Presents…The Next Projected Sound Of 2016
Decent comp of recent psych rock/pop.

>Peter Bark - Aqua (2016)
Sweet dreamy beats.

>Rectal Hygienics - Ultimate Purity (2015)
Brutal, dirty Noise-Punk (w/ edgy/mysogenistic lyrics). Tiresome after a while.

Patchwork PW 16 - Music Shop (197X)
Tacky short tracks w/ cheesy funky bass, dated moog/synths (not on par with J-J. Perrey); good for sampling I guess (track #08, 13).

You've got Boudewijn de Groot - Picknick on there twice
(Are you Dutch?:))

>twice
I'm dumb, not Dutch

oh same

Schubert: String Quartet No. 15 (1980) by Alban Berg Quartett, recommended by Rudi

Excepting the unfinished quartet in C minor, this final G major is the most easy to stomach of Schubert's highly overrated quartets. The piece is awkwardly sandwiched between the earlier Beethoven-worship and a nascent maturity, the latter of which was pre-empted by his death shortly after the quartet was written. Getting a good performance out of it is difficult, but so is fucking it up, on account of the quirks and sparks that flare up from time to time.

The ABQ fail to make the most of those oddities. The last movement is the most characterful and striking, a genuinely seasick tarantella-rondo careering from port to starboard and back, but rarely do they push the boat out into manic-depressive waters. The tremolos that recur throughout the quartet are also reduced to bland surfaces despite their dramatic potential. Instead, the ABQ only shine when given Schubert's most typical, even humdrum material. This is most evident in their scherzo, which wheels out his favoured mechanical buzzes paired against a most lyrical trio.

All of which points to the main problem with getting this piece off the ground: Schubert was rehearsing a break with his previous music here - finally realised in the string quintet shortly after - but the Bergs are welded to playing with restraint and quiet desiring. The problem is compounded by a pale and aloof engineering that emphasises the middleground instead of giving heed to the extremes that are being toyed with. An unfortunately run-of-the-mill recording from an otherwise stellar group.

What the fuck is wrong with you. I bet you suck dicks at night while nobody's watching
Fish listen to this , thought about you like for real
우리는 속옷도 생겼고 여자도 늘었다네 - 사랑의 유람선

:( sad you didn't really like it, but glad you're finally back to reviewing, because you're the best of them all

>back to reviewing
>

thanks btw

Go jerk off to your 2016 trash then

:abag:

I will, and you'll swallow it down after me

:abag:

you like snail girl?

Damn...

Is this meant to be affectionate or rude btw

2NE1 - 2NE1 2nd Mini Album (2011)
>k-pop

A k-pop album that's not catchy at all, how about that? I thought this would be kinda cool with the dirty, grimy electropop sound of the opener, but even that track just gets really old and irritating with its farty synths and general over-the-top sound and aesthetic. The rest simply isn't interesting, a lot of generic ballady k-pop songs, some have acoustic guitar, some have more of those farty synths again, but none of them have any interesting characteristics.

lewd desu

Snail is my life

I am disappointed Shamepai.
But also not surprised at all.

Well i am not surprised at how much of a dick sucking faggot you are. How can you dislike snail AKA the goddess that Monogatari spawned who We have to properly worship but in a way that doesn't make her seem like an Idol since that is a sin.
Mayoi is the literal, textbook definition of Perfect. Le shaking my damn head. Btw what episode are you now?

8th but I'm gonna stop watching, it's getting shit

i'm really interested in getting into Current 93.
i'm looking for some spoken word, free improvisation, or anything with a more acoustic, free-folk vibe to it.
care to share a flowchart or a recommendation.

That's cause you got to the worst arc with the worst girl. IMO it picks up in the last arc

calm down there bucko, let's stop spergin' before you blow up

>shorty said I'm half rasta, half pasta no ragu
goddamn

Yo this is probably blasphemy but I liked that Daniel Bachman more than any Fahey I've heard. Which of him should I listen to next? There's quite a lot

I have been harassing people for the whole afternoon because I am desperately searching for a place to stay in Leicester this autumn. Fucking low-cost uni-sponsored apartments are too expensive for me

nah they are both great, but they have quite different styles so I suppose it makes sense.

you listened to river right?
I'd go back and listen to Jesus I'm a Sinner and Seven Pines next, they have a pretty similar sound to River.
If you want something a little different though I'd check out Orange Co Serenade. He experiments with some drones and more of Delta Blues style.

also keep an eye out for his new record coming out this fall, it's pretty killer, and a little bit more avant-folk than his previous records.

this took me like 9 days that's a new record

Smegma - Glamour Girl 1941 (1979)
>free improvisation

A whole lot better than I expected, honestly, but it focuses a whole lot more than making cool, near-industrial sounds than actually doing anything interesting with song structure. No track here really goes anywhere, they drone on the same texture for their whole duration. Ocassionally additional instrumentation is added, ocassionally there's some vocals (which are pretty awful, and nearly ruin "I Am Not Artist", which is otherwise great), but nothing about the structure of these pieces is very interesting or original. But the basic sound here is pretty great, especially on the intense, nearly noise rock closer "Half a Billion". If this sound, this noise rock cum free jazz sound, was applied to more talented musicians and improvisers, the album would be great, but a lot is left to be desired as is.

also yamir i'll check out the cul de sac/fahey record soon

Thanks! I felt that his style was a little more expressive due to his use of color/tone I guess? Don't really know the correct terms but maybe you get what I mean. The harmonics sounded a bit cheap in places though

What's the best Gentle Giant album and why?

Also I think he's playing the meme fest Le Guess Who this year, so that's p cool

acquiring the taste or Octopus
The band is definitely at the top of their game during those two records. They are really tight instrumentally and they both have really strong and cohesive songwriting that doesn't feeling too bogged down with typical prog masturbation

at first I thought you said harmonica and I got really confused.
I agree, I think his tone is really wonderful, very full and deep. A lot of that has to do with improved recording techniques though, I get the same emotional connection to Fahey.

that's p cool, go see him if you can
tell him I said hi

I'm not alone in thinking Phil Collins is brilliant, am I?

I hope the "cool to hate him" phase is truly dead because I think he has written some incredible music. I'm speaking more as a solo artist than what he did with Genesis.

Final results for round 2 are in!
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/

CHALLENGE 3:
The last challenge relied less on teamwork, so I'm going to be changing that this round.
For this round, each team will have to pick a series of albums. These albums must be in the RYM database. You can choose any album you want.
However, the collective total of the albums from a team must be below a threshold of number of ratings.
I know that read like ass but hear me out.
For every player on each team, the team will collectively get 20 more ratings an album can have on it. The Faggots, for example, would have 80 total votes, while the Iguanas would have 120.
You can choose an album with as many ratings as you want as long as it doesn't pass the rating limit on its own. However, the rest of your team must use whatever amount of ratings are left over on their releases.
If someone chooses an album with 30 ratings, and their team has 80 base ratings to work with, the rest of the team has to work with 50 ratings.
The goal is to choose albums with a lesser number of ratings to give the rest of your team an easier time.
The order your teammates submit their albums is important as well. If X first submits an album with 71 ratings on a team of 80 ratings, and Y tries to submit an album with 10 ratings, Y's submission will be bounced. If Y submitted that album first, though, X's album with 71 ratings would be bounced.
Lastly, I will be giving out bonus points for teams that come the closest to their limit. If the Orange Iguanas submit 6 albums with a total amount of ratings of 119, they will get 9 bonus points in their overall score.
Ask me if you have any more questions. Get communicating!

I'd like to care about this but I found it quite uninteresting. Very plain and simple (hard to tell songs apart) and I can't really connect with the emotion on it.

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/witold_lutoslawski/matrix_22/
here you bastard

So we got 80 ratings in total then? I guess I'll wait for my mates to rec something.

oh yeah i should probably post this.
----EASTERN BLOC---- 80 Ratings
Anonymouse
Ruggles (~migosandmingus)
Imposter Tuco (~eamonntheblade)
Darklands (~DiscordantJangle)

----TRASH---- 80 Ratings
Yamir (~yamir)
Jimmy Jazz (~Jim_Jazz)
S (~smurmelade)
Some Dumb Cunt (~Somedumbcunt)

----THE ORANGE IGUANAS---- 120 Ratings
DJ Frederick Douglass
Kubera
Herb Kid (~herb_guy)
Jangle & Bojangle (~Jangle_Bojangle)
Nyarlathotep (~Crawling_Chaos)
Co (~mittbarns)

----THE "FUCK ME DADDY" FAGGOTS---- 80 Ratings
Nat King Cole (~_natkingcole_)
Mike & (~TEthearbiter)
Terminus (~Magus_The_Sexy)
Vinter (~minermonster)

lol do you really expect me to read?

I'd like to care about you but I find you quite the tasteless assbutt

Okay so I'm going on a roadtrip tomorrow with two of my friends, and one of them was like "hey we should each pick an album to listen to for the ride up!"
I think I'm gonna go with pic related, but I'm not sure. They both like R&B, hip hop, and funk, and the one that suggested picking albums also likes some older psych and prog.
Thoughts?

nvm fuck them they take too long
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/γιαννης_αγγελακας_and_νικος_βελιωτης/ποτε_θα_φτασουμε_εδω/
18 ratings
tldr rec something obscure, all our four recs must amount to 80 ratings total
dunno, what do you see in it?

actually since that seems to be not on slsk try this
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/asko_ensemble_schonberg_ensemble_slagwerkgroep_den_haag_reinbert_de_leeuw/des_canyons_aux_etoiles___/

the passion in the voice and guitar playing.
Delta blues is some of the most earnest music out there.
also slide guitar sounds super cool

added. thanks.

>Torrent the entire 40GB FLAC Egor Letov discography
>Decide to remove it from Deluge after seeding for a day
>Accidentally remove with data

fug :DDDD

i'm going to mow the lawn. don't expect replies to recs until i get back. sry :(.

i won't deny there's a lot of emotion in the music but like i said the style doesn't resonate with me, particularly his voice, and the songs end up being longer than i'd like

i also expect a disappointment with muddy waters now
not sure if i should change it

I was kinda sad at first I was eliminated but I'd be lying if I said I understood what's going on here.

That's some weak ass shit.

Here you go you weak ass man.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/susanne_blech/triumph_der_maschine/

sry fishboy. Minor Threat was cool.
it's a big way of saying to pick an album with about 20 ratings so that your team's total picks will round to about 80 or 120 ratings depending on the size of your team.
added.
GONE FOR REAL NOW

why don't you get a goat or something instead

wow man zero ratings thats deep...

if you don't like the core of the delta blues style then you won't like any of it.

Muddy Waters is electric blues though so it's a bit harder edged and cleaner

i will try it out before finally giving up on it then

>>>
> ∆3 triangle !Cubed1iz1g 08/09/16(Tue)14:35:20 No.67017703 ▶
>
>Muddy Waters is electric blues though so it's a bit harder edged and cleaner
but isn't Folk Singer an acoustic album?

keep those recs flowing my familia
Also you can ask for extended thoughts, but I'm choosing not to write anything because I'm on holiday and writing my thesis is enough writing (only about 1 hour of work left now after 8 months of grinding so fucking happy)