Tfw nothing outside of classical music satisfies me anymore

>tfw nothing outside of classical music satisfies me anymore
>was listening to souvlaki by slowdive earlier and it was just so fucking boring and one-dimensional i had to turn it off halfway through
>currently listening to schumann's piano music and wondering what went wrong

anyone else here in the same boat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUF19JMgiZM
youtube.com/watch?v=vMgxbChJVR4
youtu.be/mOYnuC6twfI
youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=r75BFcH4u2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

every genre has its own beauty man

listen to what you expect to be the shittiest music and forget your autism for a while

you're absolutely right, but i just can't put on an album by a rock band anymore and enjoy myself like i used to. i've been listening to way too much classical maybe

i don't see how that would help...

>souvlaki by slowdive earlier and it was just so fucking boring and one-dimensional
a lot of people have made that observation since it came out and to the present day sans the classical music baggage
it is just a pretty boring and one dimensional album

just listen to led zeppelin

Sounds like you've just become patrician, OP.

You should be happy about this

man i have the exact opposite problem i can barely listen to classical anymore that isn't like steve reich
just feels like.. wanky. and this is coming from a classical bassist of 6 years

i suppose so, but i've had the same experience with other albums too
at least loveless is a great album

led zeppelin are nice, physical graffiti and IV are classics
not really in the mood to listen to them though

listen to some classical-influenced music
youtube.com/watch?v=cUF19JMgiZM

>wanky

that ain't true man. try judging classical as a single work of art, that's what i do.

elaborate?

>that ain't true
i mean, that's not objective
personally, I'm just rarely moved by classical. the sounds and textures just kinda feel like nothingness to me, like white noise, so the piece has to be written like, perfectly to mean anything to me
which is why i like steve reich, he does so much with so little, using textures and drones to make a bigger statement than like, another composer that might overcrowd a piece with way too many notes and needless chord changes

well that was cheesy

hey, different strokes senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=vMgxbChJVR4

Still favorite soundtrack, still favorite movie.

>Sup Forums earnestly attempting to discuss classical music

D'awwwwww. You're all so cute! ^^

Recommend some of your favorite classical pieces please.

Why not make a positive contribution? Who are your favorite composers?

unwarranted passive-aggressiveness is even cuter.

awesome great broe how log have you been playing music with an orchestra huh

Instead of recommending rock music, I'm going to recommend some classical piano.

This is a piece by Louis Moreau Gottschalk, my favorite pianist and composer.

youtu.be/mOYnuC6twfI

Yea, never understood why hipsters like olafur arnalds so much. Seems only a tad better than ludovico einaudi or something.

Just listen to lofi pre on air james ferraro or spencer clark in general.You've never heard something like this before.

I think you have deeper issues that are stopping you from enjoying music

Probably wants to shag his mom huh

Cheer up, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y

Jazz

No, because I don't have autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=r75BFcH4u2k

You're just in counterpoint mode right now from listening to so much classical music. When you settle down you'll be able to go back and forth between counterpoint and texture mode and everywhere inbetween. Souvlaki isn't really the best for texture even if it's great for it. If Souvlaki is your favourite rock album, then you need to listen to more rock music.

>sounds and textures just kinda feel like nothingness to me

That's because most classical music is an abstraction of counterpoint that has no regard whatsoever for texture or sound. Chopin, Bach, Beethoven, Satie, etc. and most of the classical composers who are famous even with those who are uneducated in music theory made music that was satisfying on a textural level at least sometimes, and this is why uneducated people can enjoy it. Likewise, plenty of 20th century composers did this, notably the minimalists.

Percy Grainger realized that most classical music was too abstracted and actually didn't sound good; it was good in your mind. This is why he dismissed so much of the canon, and rightly so.

time for jazz

Try to listen to more lyrical stuff, not just music.

same here
there's no problem m8 you have 1000 years of music to listen to

sounds like you're just having a bad day user
you'll figure it out

listen to something with really good lyrics like Joni Mitchell or Leonard Cohen
inwardly personal lyrics and poeticism is something most classical lacks which should click with you

Inwardly personal lyrics and poeticism are not things that classical music lacks in its songs. Most classical music lacks texturally (i.e. musically) interesting lyrics, unlike Leonard or Joni.

Maybe take a break from listening to music for a while

>wanky
Good lord you're a living meme

fpbp