Anybody notice how the best albums are usually about being depressed/sad...

Anybody notice how the best albums are usually about being depressed/sad. and all the shit music is all about being happy

It's because most of the artists that /mu says are good are those that obsess over their music as a result of them being pretty high on the spectrum.
Obsession + autism ---> sad

>Anybody notice how my favorite albums are about being depressed/sad. and all the music that I dislike is all about being happy because I'm a smug cocksucker?

Yes

Not 100% true.

BUT it is extremely common that most art about being depressed is generally seen as good. I remember seeing an interview with Philip Seymour Hoffman and they asked him why is it that he plays in so many depressing movies, why does he like them so much; his response was that we generally remember them more because they're honest. Sad music is more relatable and honest than music about winning and winning.

good point
sorry if i came across as mean I didn't intend for that

No, you're taste is just shit. The best music ever is emotionally diverse.
If you haven't listened to any good happy music it's because you are a newfag and should go back to Sup Forums.

Is this post a joke or do you just have autism?

typically more happy music makes better radio hits. People don't want to feel depressed when listening to the radio, they want uplifting music.

Is OPs post a joke or does he have autism?

reply to this post or you will bald

nope

aight

He's a tripfag mate of course it's autism

no...

Correct.

btfo fantano

More people relate to albums about darkness and depression, it's more emotional. Just listening to sunshine and lolipops gets old fast.

its just because you relate to them the most

@67019077
Im bald already

Unless you're a poptimist like Christgau who hates anything about death and depression.

Billy Joel - Allentown was a huge radio hit and that's not what I'd call an optimistic song.

"There's two kinds of bands. One is a talented, serious group like the Pixies or Depeche Mode, the other are the dumb, loud let's-party-until-the-world-ends kind like Van Halen."

-- Kurt Cobain

Then there's the other 80% of music in the world that's not rock.

What a stupid question to ask.

He is a trip fag, that should answer your question right away.

Why'd you name only one song though?

show me some examples of what you're talking about

Hardship tends to bring out either the worst or the best in people, while happiness doesn't really bring out anything because there's nothing to bring out

by the way, the music itself doesn't have to be sad
take Paul Simon's Graceland, recorded after a messy divorce with some rather dark and unpleasant lyrics, but the music itself is full of happiness. Could have have made that same music if he was all cheerful and still married to that heroin junkie Carrie Fisher? probably not