What band makes the most bland sounding music?

What band makes the most bland sounding music?
My vote goes to these guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n01B0424rDU
youtube.com/watch?v=pbsSqWfersw
youtube.com/watch?v=TRlt3zaolqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snow Patrol
Beach House

Foo Fighters

Real Estate

you guys tricked me into thinking that was Marcel

All "indie rock"

yes

Anything Sup Forumscore

The Antlers post-hostpice. I haven't listened to anything before that album, though.

Julianna Bardwick. In ear ou the other:the album.

>posting beach house and antlers to trigger
>7/10
surely the actual real answer is U2.
how has this group got away with releasing like 30 years of music, only using three chords? and not even that, they haven't even tried to make any of their music sound much different! literally mind boggling.

why do people pretend to hate all indie rock as if it isn't a massively vast genre? like the term indie barely gives you an idea of what a band sounds like anymore. in my experience 90% of the time these people are just fucking dumb metalheads lmao.

but yeah foo fighters, ac/dc, coldplay/snow patrol, a lot of pop punk, a lot of trendy acoustic artists that aren't really folk but are kinda similar.

I may not like AC/DC but it's hardly what I'd call bland. Same applies to pop-punk. There's a big difference between empty/uninspired music and bland music.

Viet Cong
Sky Ferreira
Car Seat Headrest
Grimes

The fucxk are you talking about? U2 has changed their sound quite a bit over the course of their career. War, songs of innocence, and achtung baby are nothing alike. I'd maybe agree with you if you said post-2000's U2

>Grimes
Grimes, bland? You don't know what you're talking about, pleb.

nah, theyre mediocre but not bland

Pink Floyd.

Beach Fossils. However the self-titled album is actually really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=n01B0424rDU

But recent Antlers albums are almost all better than Hospice.

Underseas EP is great.

Burst Apart is the best thing they've ever done.

Familiars has some phenomenal tracks on it as well.

The Strokes

The average Sup Forumsrant doesn't know any U2 other than Vertigo which they only make fun of because of that South Park episode.

Waifufags have no right to call others plebs.

idk, maybe I'll give their post-Hospice work another go. Part of their appeal was how they gave so many people the feels. It might be melodramatic, and maybe a bit cheesy at times, but it's still a hard reaction to get out of people.

The singer's range is not really as showcased as much as in Hospice, which really set them apart to other indie bands, IMO. Also, they REALLY stick to their slow, atmospheric sound. I found Hospice switched it up more. Lastly, I liked their more lo-fi-ish sound.

Sun kil moon

Kings of Leon comes to mind.

every member of diiv looks like dylann roof

>Viet Cong
>Bland

Pick one

Indie is an aesthetic. They may have slight variations in sound but overall indie = bland nice safe hipster Starbucks guitar pop.
And all of it sucks.

Viet Cong sounds like every post-punk cliche thrown in a blender

>spot the Grimescuck

The strokes
Kings of Leon
Coldplay

DIIV are honestly a contender

I don't remember a single moment of Oshin

beach house
interpol
television
tim hecker
weezer

>television
You're retarded
Believe it or not there was a time when every other band didn't imitate them

>im trying so hard right now

The Swans
Death Grips
Neutral Milk Hotel
Animal Collective
Grimes
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

theyre bland af

All music is bland

Swans really is bland, their music is just a regurgitation of every "experimental indie" trope, right down to the boring "post-rock" and "muh noise/drone influences"

>music

What did he mean by this?

i generally try to accept other people's opinions since music is mostly subjective but is right

you're retarded

can't expect much from a tripfag i guess

I actually enjoy Oshin, it's my go-to album when i want to feel miserable about my life. ITIA is bland as shit tho, i have to agree.

Liking a female artist's music =/= waifufag.

Suck a dick faggot.

>Liking a female "artist"'s music
>not waifufag

youtube.com/watch?v=pbsSqWfersw
Would you call this bland nice safe hipster Starbucks guitar pop?

youtube.com/watch?v=TRlt3zaolqA
Or this?

Yeah
Starbucks in the 90s, yeah.

feel sorry for you desu

def, ducktails early stuff is pretty good and then it just got even more bland with every album

yup

It sucks bc I like the way DIIV sounds, but they're so generic and their last album made me fall asleep.

Dream Theater
RHCP as of lately

any emo band

all music is derivative of music that came before it