Black people are the only ones keeping exploring music anymore

black people are the only ones keeping exploring music anymore

regardless of what you think of their new music, it's still something new and fresh

white people? rehash past 60s/70s/80s glories. it's all they do any longer. it's kind of sad in a way, it's not like it's a destiny i would wish to a culture, but all they do is use these decades as mask. their heroes? tame impala, vampire weekend, strokes? what's there to be said about them that's new? what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LE0N9tTs2Ho?t=310
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>black people are the only ones keeping exploring music anymore

incorrect

lurk more then give baiting another shot

/thread

Would you like to explain how black people are exploring music more than white people besides just saying that they are. >inb4 bait

name ONE white person exploring music

>/threading your own post
>even ironically

Wasn't the point of nu-swans to basically break every single rock convention they could think of?

that's nothing new, well maybe for someone new to music like you it may be

it's been done since the 60s with bands like the nihilist spasm band

>tfw degenerate 1960's revivalist

Doesn't mean it landed anywhere close to the mainstream like you are saying with black people.

opn

Zs is a pretty novel modern band. Lil Ugly Mane is pretty much one of the best hip-hop artists out right now. That being said, you do have a point when it comes to the mainstream scene.

you picked the most cliched answer
congrats, i knew it was going to be opn
get a new meme "avant garde"

shame is they're barely even "exploring"

not me, some random faggot

If you think negros are the only ones finding new music you're a moron.

>*makes trap and raps 4 words twenty times*
nice """""progression"""""" OP

When blacks were brought over from Africa, music was the only part of their culture that they were able to keep. They couldn't really tell their stories and folklore since they were prohibited from speaking in their native languages, and they were mixed together with various tribes who spoke different languages anyways, so melodies and harmonies were literally their only culture for like hundreds of years.

OK. Assuming this isn't a bait thread, what are some examples of black people exploring music in the modern age?

that is true, swans are more propagators nevertheless
60s black music sounds nothing like trap or wonky though, to name a few examples

is it new or not? does trap feel fresh or not? could you say it feels like 2000s or 90s rap? I never mentioned quality

As a black person personally ya'll white folks are tearing shit up, Most sound designers are either white or asian When i chat with other black people about modular, samplers, sequencers, midi some dont know shit or give a shit about the engineering and producing aspects of making music. Whe can create genres but theres not enough sound design understanding that should be there and be just as mutual with genre creation.

Grimes

I'm not kidding. What she does is unique and there are no one like her in the whole music industry, past and present.

someone should make a game on guessing how many posts it takes on any thread for a grimesfag to appear

is this pasta?

no

hahahahahahahaha

it is now

If you already knew the answer why did you ask?

name ONE black person exploring music

>he thinks rehashed hip hop and gangster shit is new and original in any way

i don't keep up much with modern music t b h so not sure if what i do like of it is new and original or not

avalanches? never heard that much genre blending before

>avalanches

They Might Be Giants are the only true innovators in music.

THE

WHOLE

Philip Glass is still alive.

I know this feel.

I've been on a garage/surf/psych kick lately. And by lately I mean the last 6 years.

It's funny because hip-hop has literally not progressed at all since its birth. Without a doubt the least risk taking and interesting genre around today.

lol what

Ever listened to hiphop from back when it was born? It's so bad. It's like saying rock hasn't progressed since Buddy Holly.

fuck off, it's so pathetic youre even trying to use him

This is a bait thread anyway, so I'll bite.

>one of the most important and influential composers of the 20th and 21st century

how exactly is he not a white artist who is "exploring music?" how exactly is it pathetic to cite him as an example?

how could someone be THIS wrong

Compared to how quickly rock or electronic music progressed over the years it hasn't moved an inch. Hip-hop is over 30 years old and hasn't gone anywhere. It either regressed into over produced mumbling over high hats or it's reminiscing on the classics. Of course there are exceptions but I can barely count the artists pushing forward on both my hands.

Blacks are the only ones who make music that's actually emotional rawness. White people make static, boring sounding stuff which lacks real emotion.

>I can barely count the artists pushing forward on both my hands
I'm sure you can barely count the amount of non-mainstream hip hop artists you've listen to on both of your hands as well.

okay, what groundbreaking hip-hop artists would you say are out there pushing boundries?

Gucci Mane and the Guys who wrote "Hannah montana"

lmao

because this is about the 21st century, imbecile? i didn't know 50 years ago was fresh. even for someone retarded that's overstretching it

>he thinks rap song #12369452378561237846 about drugs and bitches in hot shit

o I am laffin

there has been no actual experimental movement in hip-hop. obviously there have been act over the years but nothing to change the overall course of hip-hop, with maybe the exception of Kanye.

Nah

It's not just music. It's everything.
Technology has made it simple for any moron to put their idea out there. To create a product.
The quality is still there in the same abundance, mostly like more. It's easier to put your shit out worldwide, so you're seeing stuff from anywhere and everywhere, which in turn also increases the shit.

Not to mention the increase in media outlets. There's stuff you never have and never will experience because it's in some obscure corner, rather than applauded by the mindless douverers of everything fresh and "new"

Why hasn't this stupid fucking thread been deleted yet?

why haven't you killed yourself you waste of oxygen?

Sorry, OP.

>falling for the dumb frogposter

Just keep acting like faggots and it will.

>'black people' & 'there's any good music made by any the mongoloidspecies they refer to as with the retarded : 'earthlings' anymore'

case in point

it felt new when people were doing it several years ago

Now? Not so much.

and fucking opn or swans feel any fresher? it's the best anyone here can muster for what white people have done that feels fresh

several years ago is still superior to decades ago

i love how white people's best defense is calling any disagreement bait. pathetic.

?

>and fucking opn or swans feel any fresher?
Well I'm not a big fan of either of them. I'd say OPN is relatively fresh, certainly sounds newer than electronic music from the 80s, to your point.

I'd actually say that innovation in music in general (whites/blacks/whatever) has slowed down since the internet started to dominate our media and pop-culture. Also the ability to hold thousands of albums in one small device. Simon Reynolds wrote about it in a great book called Retromania, actually.

Shut up, brutus.

don't pretend like retromania is some obscure book. it has some interesting points in its later portions with forward looking electronic music, but its sections on internet and ipods are its weakest sections.

shut me up with some insight, simpleton.

>don't pretend like retromania is some obscure book.

I wasn't? I'm just assuming that not everyone will know what I'm talking about so I included the author/title.

>its sections on internet and ipods are its weakest sections.

I have to disagree, I thought the parts that suggested that the internet creates a sort of entropy in the way our culture progresses were insightful. I think there's plenty of truth to it, people now have the ability to surround themselves with the past through videos/other media and it prevents people (or artists in this case) from living in the moment and looking forward.

Run back to your momma, demonfuck.

black people haven't done anything with music in 40 years.

incorrect. It's actually black people who have trouble venturing out of hip hop/pop/rnb because it's "their" music, and don't want to be white washed.

They done somethin but it sure as fuck aint improving the image of anything

>
>don't pretend like retromania is some obscure book
Holy shit get your head out your ass

Aren't the Grimes fans allowed to discuss about their favorite artist? Piss off.

>inb4 stay in the general thread
Piss off once again.

wtf are you talking about

stay in the general thread pls k thx love u

you got your own thread, go there

>black people are the only ones keeping exploring music anymore

these death grips threads are getting slightly more subtle, i must say.

ugh isn't it bad enough that you push this garbage on people in your own thread? at least understand that your fashion-music taste isn't appreciated anywhere else.

what makes it worse is that it is always this same bitch...

Grimes is legit great. Stop hating her and her fanbase, you fucking dumb cunt.

she is quite hairy though.

She has pretty big hair in her head.

and a moustache and hairy tits

She had a little mustache but she got rid of it ages ago. Surprise: women have body hair. Grow up.

>hairy tits
You're confusing her with someone else. Maybe with your gf...

Oh yes, rehashing the same topics, using meters and beats 2 year olds bang out on pots and pans, and generally having almost no harmonic value is definitely keeping music going.

seriously man I saw them her tits are UNBELIEVABLY hairy

You're refering that nsfw thread that got deleted. It wasn't her, naive pleb. That girl had warts on her face, unlike Grimez.

I hate black people, but i like their music
#artlivesmatter

talking about Migos' artistic prowess, skip to 5:10 ish
youtu.be/LE0N9tTs2Ho?t=310

>Hannah Montana=cocaine because she's white
such pottery

>only focusing on pop and shithop
ignorant nigger. learn about some neofolk or ambient artists, cuck

>neofolk
Boring af genre

nig detected

This is true
But even black music is getting fucking boring
Pop was exciting in the 2000s, now everybody is trying way to hard to mix with rap and rnb and seem "adult". And in the end the mainstream stuff is "ayy your ass is so fine ima fuck you till the end of time" and the underground/backpackers stuff is stale and unoriginal
Trap feels dated already and rap is altogether a very insular and uninviting genre for anybody who isn't black and lower-class

nah neofolk is stale

>ambient
Out of all the genres you could hold up as not boring you chose ambient

lmao why's he dressed up like it's halloween

plebs detected

To be fair there hasn't really been very much innovation in neofolk for the last 10 years or so, and this is coming from a guy who has Di6 and Current 93 as his favorite bands.
Metal has been doing pretty great the latest decades or so, especially the extreme genres like death and black metal sound nothing like the older bands from the 80s/90s (take a band like Krallice or Altar of Plagues and compare that to Bathory or Mayhem for example. Personally I think a lot of newer metal is shit (especially djent and atmospheric black metal) but there are a lot of forwardthinkers even in those genres.
Also punk is doing pretty great, but that genre as a whole is more rooted in oldschool stuff than anything.
Personally I do listen mostly to music from the 80s/70s though, or atleast stuff heavily inspired by music from that era.

woodsy neofolk is becoming a lot more popular. agalloch, nest, musk ox, etc

Yeah i`ve noticed that aswell, bands like solanacae and In Gowans Ring are two examples of that more folk oriented style. However I don't really see that as anything all to new, considering Sol Invictus and Current 93 have had elements of that since the early 80s.
Also Of the Wand and the Moon seem to have kind of started that style of neofolk, and even that was back in 2004-2005 I believe.
I don't consider Agalloch to be neofolk though, they fall more into the atmospheric black metal category, and in there nature and forests has been an essential element since the beginning of the genre basically.