Can drugs make you a better songwriter?

Can drugs make you a better songwriter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9X_S6MHQ8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

I think it does the opposite but I found it helped visual arts

If you don't have any songwriting skills you're not going to instantly become a master, but drugs could lead you to new ideas

If you're already a good one, it'll simply improve your performance if that makes any sense.

>tfw did dabs over the weekend and had a seizure
>can never do drugs again out of fear of having another one

I'm not very sure but they sure worked for John and Paul

from fucking pot?

no. learn your fucking craft.
and then learn how to be fucking creative - which drugs might help you do if you dont know how to explode your own ideas

Probably not, but it could take you in a direction you wouldn't have considered otherwise.

If you're already good, they can make you better but they can't make you good

how tf does a dance make you have an seizures?

These answers sum it up

Some people also enjoy being tired when songwriting

A dab is highly concentrated hash oil. The dance move is based on the motion you make when you cough after hitting a dab

theres a dance move?

Chris Cornell has said that he always threw away material he wrote while drunk [or on drugs--he didn't mention drugs]

Yeah you basically bend one elbow and put your face into it while having the other arm outstretched. Look it up on Google Images or something because my explanation isn't perfect

I've written some of my best song ideas tired between 2am and 6am

doing drugs makes ur music better to other people also on drugs thats for sure

Drugs totally do something to you and it's a gamble
if you aren't highly motivated and if you're insecure and just looking for an easy path then you're stupid
it's hard to say whether the Beatles got more talented or just more receptive to new ideas as a result of drugs
John starts writing more diaristically/impressionistically after smoking weed, but he also first smoked weed with Bob Dylan, who he idolized and who was a huge influence
Um, you know I think certain drugs excite the imagination in certain areas and dull the imagination in others
you can see from this post how they fuck w/ organizational capacity lol
but hey before psychedelia the Beatles were renowned for the harmonic vocabulary they possessed - relative to other pop performers they were like wow

I guess when your brain generated dopamine you might do stuff better, but that doesn't mean you'll magically get good at it.

A co-worker had a seizure at my place one night from a bong hit. Shit was incredibly scary. He said he had an out of body experience, like he could see himself and us around him trying to help.

Since then I've become leery about hanging with people who's never smoked before.

the whole culture sorta changed, but not really. people just started to see without rose colored glasses on. the process continues.
drugs are not necessary to the process, except as prototypes of experiences.

fuck that
bitches cant even high proper these days lol

youtube.com/watch?v=o9X_S6MHQ8w

He's smoked blunts before and has never had a problem before. It was his first time hitting a bong tho, he didn't even take that big of hit too.

This