What music does your dad listen to?

What music does your dad listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/g59/cherrypie?in=g59/sets/darksideoftheclouds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tom Petty

Modern country and 80s rock. Biggest Motley Crue fan I've ever met and even had me into hair metal when I was younger.

pink floyd, alot of 80's pop and some trash from today

The Foo Fighters

Stevie Wonder, Sting, classic Miles Davis, later Steely Dan, Ruben Blades, Pat Metheny, The Beatles, selected songs from Chicago and Blood Sweat and Tears and pretty much just that if I'm not missing something else

Old Christian music. A lot of it consists of hymns recorded from a church he used to attend while young.

He used to be into dad rock and 70s pop (Abba mostly). I'm not sure what happened.

Australian/New Zealand indie stuff

That's pretty cool. I know my dad was huge into 80s metal and hair metal when he was a teenager. Guns n Roses, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc. He did a 180 as he got older and now he deems all of it as the "devil's music". All he listens to now is Christian rock and it's kind of depressing to me. He could at least find good christian music instead of generic Skillet stuff.

For some reason it's always odd to me when I hear someone's parents actually had great taste in music when they were growing up. I expect them all to listen to the top 40s of the decade they were a teenager in.

And I'm sorry bro, that sucks, but hey, I would take my dad turning to Christian rock over turning to country.

Introduce him to Sufjan, user. Do it

pink floyd
yes
black sabbath
judas priest
def leppard
genesis
led zeppelin

I should. First I need to introduce myself to Sufjan though.

all things Ozzy Osbourne
told him to listen to Venom and he told me they suck. what a guy

Twenty One Pilots. I'm not kidding.

Also Dadrock and Classical.

m.soundcloud.com/g59/cherrypie?in=g59/sets/darksideoftheclouds
I played this in the car once and ever since my dad has been banging their stuff all the time. Mom thinks we're both suicidal and need help.

Nothing.
He's deaf.

Jazz.
Gypsy Kings.

Pretty cool tbqph

kek what a pleb

disco
funk
mj
prince
the list goes on..

He used to listen to a lot of Talking Heads, but now he exclusively listens to dubstep and EDM, I feel like it has to be some sort of cry for help

I showed my dad the song Chicago and other Sufjan work and he loved it

I wanna meet that patrician dad

Awe that sucks

Dang I didn't expect that lol I'll hope I'll be able to unironically embrace the new music trends 40 years from now too

Pink Floyd
Creedence
Genesis
Led Zeppeling

Dadrock

He's pretty cool tbqh

>calabrese
>rush
>stone temple pilots
>iron maiden
>nik flagstar and his dirty mangy dogs
>ghost

Is this a meme? 21 pilots are biggest steaming pile of dogshite I've ever listened to

Must be nce to be a tasteless female

>Must be nce to be a tasteless female

It is.

Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan and ELO.

>calabrese
The horror punk band?

Recently he's been really into Sun Kil Moon

My dad purposefully always listens to new music so that he never gets distracted by it, if he listens to music that he likes he'll just want to only pay attention to that.

The only thing I can say is that he doesn't like Radiohead, says they sound like U2 or just changes it right away if he hears it.

yeah i made him take me to see them when i wrapped up highschool and he really wound up diggin em. real nice dudes.

That's really cool. You from Phoenix?

nah man, florida. theyve been here twice, once to promo born with a scorpions touch, once for lust for sacrilege. we seen em both times and they just kinda hung out with me and my brother before and after their sets

I got my dad into a couple Frankenstein Drag Queen and Wednesday 13 tracks kek in middle school and freshman year of high school I was all about horror punk.

im taking him to see tiger army in october. hes been pretty into psychobilly and horror punk lately

My dad wanted to go to a Boris show with me a couple years ago but talked him out of it because he thinks Type O Negative is too slow. I can't imagine him at a drone gig lel

Hiphop and and 80s metal

opera almost exclusively

My dad will only listen to Carly Rae Jepsen.

Its really stupid.

Corridos

Pink Floyd
50-70s soviet music

Ali Farka Toure and The Rolling Stones.

How dad got me into music

Long before I was born my dad had the longest hair in my family history. He listened to a lot of Iron Maiden, Van Halen and stuff like that. He and his friend had a lot of cds together since they studied and shared apartment. It seems like somewhere between this period and my birth, there was a lot of british indy and stuff like The Cure. Also dad sold his enormous collection so he could afford to paint instead of working for a few years.

Fast forward til I am 8 years old. dad is a psychiatrist and he and mom always fights over stupid stuff. One day I am tired of listening to stupid kids music all the time. I ask dad to give me something cool and rough. He goes to the now really mixed, not so good cd collection and hands me "The Marshall Mathers" and "The Chocolate Starfish". Mom is really angry but she can't do much since I don't fully understand the english yet. To be continued

Anyone wanna hear the rest?

>listening to old shitty recordings of hymns from his youth

That's some The Caretaker shit right there

kek

Pennywise
Bob Marley
Linkin Park

Anything 60s-90s, the only modern stuff being Country. Pic related

Frank Zappa
Yes
Black Sabbath
Jazz guys like Mingus and Miles Davis
Beatles and Paul's solo work
And other shit similar to the above
He doesn't listen to anything made from 2000+

he loves captain beefheart
he thinks WLWH is the best VU album
he thinks Mingus is the best jazz musician
he listened to NMH and Sufjan Stevens before I found them on mu and it was like "fuck not my dads shit"

I swear to god my fucking dad has ruined every good album for me

can't even listen to no wave or post punk coz he's clocked that too

fuck you dad

That's so retardedly immature. Your dad listens to good music so instead of sharing music with him you automatically reject it? Are you 16?

one likes kylie and Madonna while the other enjoys coil very much

Jazz Fusion
Jazz Funk
k-pop

i don't have a dad.

He doesn't

I'll be your new dad.

Rush Limbaugh

sounds like you've never had a dad

classic rock & alex jones videos on youtube

Prog rock and Jazz

I've never met him so not sure.
My mom once said he was in a jazz band when they met so probay jazz.

In addition to the standard dad-rock, my dad was a massive Bjork stan

Genesis/Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel
The Cars
Billy Joel
Elton John
Michael Jackson
Lots of "Christian" rock and pop besides that, his favorite singer is Michael W. Smith

any rock band from the 80s, Joy Division, Rod Stewart, The Clash, Duran Duran

yeah daddy

Alphaville, M. Jackson, Tina turner

dream theater

>Yes
>Boston
>Loop Zoop
>whatever comes on Real Jazz radio

My dad is one of the only old people I know who really stays up to date in music and isn't stuck in the past. A lot of old people refuse to listen to new music, and if they do, it's stuff like Tame Impala or the Black Keys that sounds like what they're used to. My dad is the one who introduced me to Autechre, cLOUDDEAD, Stereolab, MBV, and really a lot of Sup Forumscore long before I started coming here. He has great taste and I feel lucky to have him

metallica and merzbow

led zeppelin, pink floyd, radiohead, bowie, general dad rock and neo dad rock.
also things like jan tiersen.

My dad listens to a lot of New Wave. Stuff like Blondie, Boomtown Rats, Talking Heads, Squeeze, The Specials, Madness, The Beat, UB40.

He's pretty cool actually.

He doesn't enjoy music. He only likes history, military & secret services trivia.

based dad

>Led Zeppelin
>Pink Floyd
>Fleet Foxes
>The Flaming Lips
>Primus

Jingoistic songs about Pakistan exclusively

He's got a big jazz collection

it was before downloads (and amazon), we had to head off to HMV and they had that special quiet room with carpets for the jazz

...they were impossible to buy

classic and dad rock from the 70s-80s but not just generic shit. I was quite taken aback when I realized he has a really in depth knowledge of that shit. He doesnt just go "yeah AC/DC, GnR RAWK" he's big on Magnum and others that I don't remeber the name

U2
Metallica
Nirvana
Deafheaven
Electric Wizard
Boris
Andy Stott
Megadeth
Grimes
Old Swans

top kek, that's brilliant user. What does he look like?

>NMH and Sufjan Stevens be
tough to beat

Mostly a lot of 70s & 80s pop and hair metal.
Also listens to a lot of old and new country and some of the more well known songs from the 50's and 60's

lol, your dad is probably coked up in some bar somewhere playing jazz late into the night and then getting women 20+ years his junior pregant. Legend

I do

He's dead long ago but i remember that he liked buena vista social club

Classic Rock, Outlaw/Progressive Country, mainly, but within those he has a fairly diverse taste. There was one night he came home with Horses (Patti Smith), Cat Scratch Fever and Trout Mask Replica. He also has a fairly large jazz collection but mostly of the artists I'd imagine Rolling Stone told him were good, Miles Davis, Coltrana, Hancock, etc.

Lots of dad rock but he's pretty patrish for an old man, introduced me to Yes and prefers them to pink floyd as well as likes a lot of modern music (but he hates harsh vox)
was a hippie and has had long hair....basically forever.

billy joel, steely dan, lauryn hill, the smiths and the entire genre of ska

Bowie
Early Zappa
Pink Floyd
Steely Dan
Crowded House
Tori Amos
Beatles

Nothing too un-dadlike

I love u father

Elvis costello