Is brazilian portuguese the most beautiful romance language?

Is brazilian portuguese the most beautiful romance language?

youtube.com/watch?v=DdDFGOz0HXQ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Celtic_place_names_in_Portugal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

irish-pt???

WE

Suebi, mate. We have a few Celtic words and pronunciation stuff. The Spinaches got it from the Basques instead.

>Finno-Ugric
>Indo-European
RRRREEEEEEEEE

L E I T E
E
I
T
E

European portuguese is better

ARE THE

NEVER EVER

>French, instead of Catalan, links Romance with Germanic.

wew

Why is irish close to portuguese?

WUZ CELTIC N SHIEEEEEET

Better version

>German education

Obviously, English and French -specifically- are probably closer, but leaving Catalan there in the middle is absolutely misleading

No one likes Portuguese; it is worse than Spanish. Plus, you guys have the worst accents when you try to speak English, and your women sound like tranny girls.

Even in fashion circles in Paris/Milan Brazilian girls have horrible accents when they speak those languages. The Gauchos are at least easy to understand for a Spanish speaker. The rest of the non south is monkey land.

CHI

CA

NO

>leaving Catalan there in the middle is absolutely misleading
Explain why

Well, the graphic gives the impression of Catalan being a "spanish-italianishy" language, just laying there in the middle, without any remarkable lexical distinction.
It does not reflect the fact that Catalan has a broad repertory of words of Germanic origin. It exhibits a great purity in the conservation of the meaning and pronunciation of such words.

And not only words, but also things like the suffix "-enc" which is equivalent to "-ing" in many Germanic languages (used as a suffix to denote a relationship with a thing. Both in Catalan and Icelandic you can use it to construct demonyms, for example)

Catalan also exhibits a phonological phenomenon, also of Germanic origin, called "Final-obstruent devoicing". This is also present in a few other romance language closely related to Catalan (Occitan, Lombard...). It existed in Old French, but has been mostly lost.

These are a few reasons. Good night.

languages*

But these ''germanisms'' arent borrowed by French who also borrowed it from Germanics languages ?

Germanisms in Catalan are direct influences, not thru French.
For Catalan, most were probably taken from Gothic and Frankish (not French, FRANKISH)

And not every Germanism in Catalan is present in French, by the way.

For example, "estona" (stund, Stunde...), or "ganivet" (knife). French has "canif", but it refers to a specific kind of knife, not any knife.

yeah,knife in portugal is ''faca'' and ''canivete'' is a type of knife here

i think its the worst
not only from the romance group but all groups
sorry

I'd say pre roman substract.

Some place names here have a celtic origin and can be linked to irish words, probably some words or pronountiation still retained some influence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Celtic_place_names_in_Portugal

>Is brazilian portuguese the most beautiful romance language?
sim

>Is brazilian portuguese the most beautiful romance language?
não

It's probably the worst desu

I always though Portuguese as a whole was ugly but the one spoken in Portugal is not that bad, it's just the Brazilian accent that triggers my autism.

no

romanian > catalans > the rest desu

I like european better, br portuguese sounds like russian, not that that's bad but the european portuguese sounds really "singy"