Any fellow Volteros here in Sup Forums? The Mars Volta changed how I listen to music and appreciate art in general...

Any fellow Volteros here in Sup Forums? The Mars Volta changed how I listen to music and appreciate art in general. They changed my perception drastically, and for the greater.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9hEpDz4ik
youtu.be/QmZf8hWQukQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3DoRwVwvG6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=on7qUpgj2Xk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mariachi slipknot

Precisely sir. But do you enjoy mariachi slip knot?

yeah I remember when i was 15 and liked them
youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9hEpDz4ik their best song right here

WHO DO YOU

Nigger I am 21 years old and still like them from when I was 15. They have better songs than that as well user, although that one does have a special place in my heart.

youtu.be/QmZf8hWQukQ

Try the song obelisk on for size. Or listen to the whole live show. I don't give a damn.

TRUUUUST?

1. Cassandra Gemini
2. Tetragrammaton
3. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus
4. Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt
5. Drunkship of Lanterns
Honorable mention: In Absentia

Del > Fran > Amp > Cryptomnesia > Bed > Noc >> Oct

Yes my nigga

I've been obsessed with these guys as long as I can remember.

Who here's been keeping up with the trickle of new Omar releases? I think the one coming out in 2 days will be better than the last two judging by the 1st track, but the first ones were consistent af and quite unique compared to the usual grand cacophony that is Omar. I can say these have been a real pleasant surprise following the marginal disappointments of antemasque and noct.

Also when the fuck is the new ATDI coming!?

Deloused is 3/10, I mostly get annoyed while listening to it.

Frances the Mute blew my mind after hating Deloused. 9/10.

Which album next?

Which album t

yeahh at the drive in were better sorry

Funny cause I put DITC at 9.5 and FTM at 9

Amputechture next, it's more akin to FTM in song structure though it is the band's "autistic child" so beware.

These first four albums are basically the pinnacle of the project, the first two being the strongest. However they won a grammy with the 4th and 'most accessible'. The 3rd, Ampu, has some of their most ambitious yet out of place songs, (Day of the Baphomets, Tetragrammaton, Viscera Eyes). Only continue if you're open minded or just want to flesh out your band knowledge.

They're back together and have new music coming. Get hype son

I saw At The Drive In recently, maybe it was the crowd or the fact that Cedric is looking very old lately (and his singing voice is different to how it was back when they were active) but I wasn't feeling it that much.

Stupid. If anything they are just a 21st century led zeppelin with heavier prog, latin and jazz influence

Their best song is Roulette Dares.

It's a shame the band died only because Cedric was a faggot.

>Cedric
you mean Omar? I was under the impression he caused john theodore to leave also.

Cedric was the one during Noct times talking about how he wants to tour but Omar refuses.

I think Cedric taking too long to write his parts and doing things last minute didn't help though.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DoRwVwvG6Q

looks like good shit to me, nostalgia af.
what a great speech though.

Last couple of months I listened extensively to
Amputechture and Bedlam. Amazing records.
Bedlam is clearly one of the most craziest Prog-Rock in my mind with the band playing sometimes in "Controlled chaos". Reminded of some intense moments in Disco Volante by Bungle.

Some songs are purely amazing in Bedlam like Aberinkula, Metatron, Askepios(the 2nd Part is insane), and Ouroborous.

Listened to a lot of Frances the Mute a couple of years ago. One of my favs record, amazing beginning to end.

Hope this band will still be remembered as one the last great prog-rock band.

Also, to finish, maybe the most underrated song by them : youtube.com/watch?v=on7qUpgj2Xk

Can anyone recommend music in this vein? Even if it's not as jazzy and spastic (my fav thing about them) I'd still be interested

this deceit
has no arms
bended will
take what's yours
CALLING MEEEEEEEE

Look. Guys.

I'm not gay, BUT IF I WAS:

I would totally fuck Cedric and Omar.

Anyways, Frances the Mute is their best album, it's genius.

>satanistscientologistdeadfucks2312planet

they grew on me big time, used to fucking hate them but now I like 'em a lot

frances the mute is better than deloused in the comatorium by the way

>no one will love Noctourniquet as much as you do

omar and cedric are both giant faggots

some of yall prob know this already, but they're coming back my niggas

Yessir. Eva Gardner and Jon Theodore.

I love Frances. I don't know why. I almost gave up on the band after three to four listens of Loused but decided to listen to Frances and my mind was blown. It's a bit too long with a bit too much ambient stuff and wankery, otherwise it would be a ten.

Deloused just annoys me from the beginning. The second track is fine but even there the bullshit lyrics and "exoskeletal junction at railroad delayed" -parts annoy me. Rest of the album was stupid wankery that just kept annoying me more.

I just listened to Amputechture and it was great. I'd say 7,5/10. It was quite like Frances but it had it's annoying parts. I wonder if I should continue to The Bedlam in Gotham or re-listen Deloused.

The shittiest of taste is you my friend

TMV is litterally spastic lolrandum garbage for ADHD-riddled tryhard retards

That's me dawg.

apparently ced and omar aren't friends with juan anymore so i can see eva joining the band again, not sure about jon though i'd LOVE to see him back in the volta

That's what they said homie. There's an excellent rolling stone article that came out recently that you should read. He specifically said that the real fans know that Eva and Jon are the true core of Volta. Which I can attest for. Tremulant is a wonderful album and the bass parts that Eva supply are so amazing. She's one of the only few with a writing credit on that album. Even jon was just doing what Omar said, to a degree.

I'm so fucking ready.

I can see how people take the lyrics that don't make a clear narrative as "lolrandum". I love the Volta for their writing, I get so tired of all the whiny confessional shit in rock and the shallow degenerate drivel in rap and pop. Sometimes you just want some fucking psychedelic as possible shit that makes you think about language as sounds instead of meaning.

Love them familia. Here's my fav songs by them:
>Tetragrammaton
>Day of the Baphomets
>Cygnus Vismund Cygnus
>Frances the Mute
>Metatron

There's quite a few of you in here. I'm pretty surprised.

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED
TO EAT GLASS WITH YOU AGAIN

I saw them a couple months ago as well and though they sounded pretty good! Though they played everything really fucking fast.

Come to think of it, though, I was not happy with the crowd AT ALL. I was midway back and like the only person in my area getting into it.

:)

SEWN ALOOONG YOUR HOLLOW HEART

Their first two albums are the only ones that matter. Everything after is shit. Minus Goliath from Bedlam.

Plus they were very subpar when I saw them in 2009.

>Not liking Amputechture

Friendly reminder that Omar's been releasing bi-weekly solo albums on bandcamp. They're way better than anyone expected and flying under the radar. Also a music video with Eva, Teri, and Frusciante.

Best new group of the 00's

They will be remember in 30 years

BULLSHIT

I'VE GOT A PENIS THAT WILL RIP THROUGH THE VERY FABRIC OF TIME

>Jon is not the hottest member of TMV

opinion discarded

Lol yes dude that's my favorite misheard lyric.

They're both good. Neither are objectively better

Can you put some more buzz words in that sentence? I don't think you demonstrated your stupidity well enough.

Where do I start? do I listen to them chronologically or in special order?

Chrono makes the most sense to me, especially if you include the EPs. The only downside is that this method will hype you up with how good it all is, then after a certain point you'll just be futily chasing those best moments from the first albums.

I just realized their discog is a deeper analogy to heroine, except you can just go back and relisten.

i saw them omar was a fucking god literally best live guitarist the man is out of another fucking dimension dude ceds voice has always been like this its impossible to recreate the albums sound u don know shit about live music

how old was Sup Forums when they realized ATDI were better