So this guy was the most pretentious musician I've ever seen...

So this guy was the most pretentious musician I've ever seen. After the first Radiohead album everything was ok and in Ok Computer too. Right after that he became an unbearable asshole all the way to The King of Limbs and his other projects. Now, suddenly, after A Moon Shaped Pool he stopped being a piece of shit. Now he doesn't act like an ass on stage and it actually looks like he's having fun. Also, he stopped treating the other members and his fans like shit. What happened? Is it because he's too old now and realized how much of a dick he was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ME5w8FVpb7k
youtube.com/watch?v=YpSP26MgxXM
youtube.com/watch?v=GmGSDGjho0I
youtube.com/watch?v=0HpIjH2w21Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PsXdI7NUHpY
youtube.com/watch?v=FRDeCQlLo8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know but I agree with

how was he a dick?

Thom Yorke just has autism, he doesn't mean to come off as an asshole most of the time.

That's a cute photo. Also you're making a lot of assumptions about a guy you don't even know, he's never come across as an asshole to me.

He's acted like an asshole a lot of times in public. You can go to YouTube and find tons of live performances where he screams to his fans or where he yells at the other members to stop "fucking up". There's been times when he even left the stage leaving the band there.

>insecure chad with shit taste makes a thread

I've seen the one where he gets mad at Jonny and storms off during idioteque, but c'mon, you've never gotten irrationally angry at a friend/coworkwr/whatever? Bad form, but it doesn't make him an asshole in general. I've heard that he's quite nice to his fans, but the man obviously values his privacy and doesn't want to be bothered in public, which is fair and also doesn't make him an asshole. But feel free to link these supposed videos.

link?

does he actually?

youtube.com/watch?v=ME5w8FVpb7k
(1:29)

youtube.com/watch?v=YpSP26MgxXM

youtube.com/watch?v=GmGSDGjho0I

youtube.com/watch?v=0HpIjH2w21Q

Maybe I'm too much of a pussy. But I really think that he didn't know how to handle situations in a professional way. I mean, starting by the fact that there's no way that everyone is silent in a concert (because it's a fucking concert). I think he's stopped being like that though. Sometimes I really felt bad for the rest of the band.

So is my boy Tommy actually a bully? :(

*Was.
Don't worry. I think he doesn't act like that anymore.

I think the first and last two are justified since people were just being rude and disrespectful to him, cant say that about the 2nd and 3rd vid tho

Honestly I fucking hate it when people talk during concerts, so I'm with him in the first and last one.

Personally I guess it just frustrates me that as a result of being famous, these people have every fuck up relentlessly scrutinized and people make assumptions about their character based on the sole fact that they lose their cool a few times. I just don't really care to speculate about the guys since I don't know them, but I doubt they'd still be making music together if they didn't have a good relationship. Plus, I think thom's just passionate about shit.

>no way that everyone is silent in a concert (because it's a fucking concert)
Depending on the venue, having a full blown conversation with someone is really inappropriate and discouraged. At a Radiohead concert, there are lots of people and they're playing loud anyway but that AFP vid looked like a pretty small venue and it was just him and his guitar on stage.

Indeed. But as I said, I don't think that's a professional way to handle that kind of situations. Also, I stated before that he's not that way anymore, which might explain why they decided to make a new album.

What is the professional way to handle that sort of situation then? If some drunk retard is yelling at you on stage in the middle of a quiet song, what do you do? Someone like that isn't only being disruptive to the band, it's also possibly ruining the experience of people who have also paid to go see them.
>which might explain why they decided to make a new album
I sincerely doubt they made A Moon Shaped Pool because Thom wanted to showcase his new onstage demeanor.

>professional
opinion discarded
who gives a fuck, he's not wronging his fans in any way

>liking the worst Radiohead albums
>being this wrong

Go somewhere else.

They've been making new albums for years though. Also how does being unprofessional = asshole?

PS for every video of thom losing his cool, there's one of him looking out for his fans (2:20)
youtube.com/watch?v=PsXdI7NUHpY

He seems like a pretty chill guy actually. He's probably not the easiest person to be around all the time tho.

He didn't say which albums he liked. Did you read what he wrote?. Go somewhere else.

The asshole part is for yelling at his fans and at the other band members. I do think he cares about them though, he just acted a lot like an asshole before. I actually feel glad everytime I see something like that.

That's only if they're asked to play creep

lots of apolojizzm itt.

Honestly yeah he's come across as an asshole for a long time but he also seems autistic and makes great music so he gets the free pass

Eh, let's just agree to disagree, I'd say hot headed perfectionist rather than asshole.

If you like that though he saved another fainting fan lol (3:00)
youtube.com/watch?v=FRDeCQlLo8s