Has anyone noticed a pattern in Animal Collective albums

Has anyone noticed a pattern in Animal Collective albums

Panda-centric works like Sung Tongs and Merriweather Post Pavilion are usually more focused on childlike beauty and aesthetics while Avey-centric works like Spirit They're Gone and Strawberry Jam are usually very sad and quirky

Whenever Geo is given something to do it's always noise related (He had a huge hand in the making of Hollinndaggin, Danse, and the Psychoactives)

Deakin seems to be a folk nut judging by Campfire Songs and Sleep Cycle

Fuck Marry Kill, go

>fuck Panda
>Marry Avey
>kill Deak

Sung Tongs is not Panda centric
MPP is not childlike, it's more about adult life than anything else
Avey is the one obsessed with the loss of childhood, it shows up heavily on STGSTV and SJ
Geo isn't the 'noise guy' or anything like that, the song he made for New Psycho Actives is not noisy in the slightest, it's like psychadelic trip-hop, and they were doing noise before he joined. I'd say he had just as big a role in MPP and CHz as he did in Danse and Hollin

Sung Tongs is Panda centric

He wrote like one song and part of Winter's Love, right?

Oh and Campfire Songs was an idea Panda and Avey had in like 2001 or something, before Deakin joined the band, and it's pretty similair to Panda's Young Prayer. Not really a Deak specific thing

I've always found that you can see the group growing up with the time.
STGSTV to Sung Tongs is their childish era
Feels and SJ is their Teenage/growing up from child too adult era
MPP is the beginning of the adult life
CHz is the time you realise being an adult is really hard and you have a lot of new feelings but you don't really know how to manage them

they where so good
one of my favourited bands ever
then they released chz and painting with
god those shitty albums
pls anco stop doing this and get back to be the best psychedelic band ever

Yes
Everything from STGSTV to Sung Tongs is amazing.
Then everything post-Sung tongs is shit.

>He wrote like one song and part of Winter's Love, right?

He wrote Leaf House, and co-wrote most of it. It's their most equal distribution in the history of their career.

Also
>Not really a Deak specific thing

Considering that Deakin also contributed to Young Prayer, it seems apparent that the acoustic ambient psychedelia is one of Deakin's favored soundscapes.

Neither of you actually like this band.

Learn to empathize.

>Strawberry Jam, MPP, ODDSAC
>bad

Correct. Geo is underrated imo. If you took away his contributions, they would sound alot more straight foward. If he ever made an album it would prob be some cool psychedelic sound collage type thing.

>Geo isn't the 'noise guy'

I get what you're saying, but it's very clear that Avey and Geo are by far the most involved in the noisier aspects of their music.

Geo is the texture guy.

>I'd say he had just as big a role in MPP and CHz as he did in Danse and Hollin

You would roughly be correct on that. CHz is the product of Avey and Geo getting out of hand in terms of texture and concept.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Avey wrote most of it. I'm not sure why you'd even debate that.

I think Panda is the least concerned about childhood beauty. He heavily writes about adulthood and what it's like to experience growing up first hand. I find his lyrics to be the most creative and humbling, especially since he truly shies away from heavy metaphor usage. Daily Routine, Brother Sport, New Town Burnout, I Think I Can, Guy's Eyes. I like what he writes about compared to Avey, who is the real childhood dreamer.

Fug I love CHz cover

Shame the album is mediocre

Avey lives in the past.
Panda lives in the future.
Deakin lives in the present.
Geologist lives in the ocean.

how is it like young prayer nigga, the only real similarity is that they're guitar-centric.

well, actually i'll concede that of all the tracks on campfire songs, moo rah rah rain is a bit similar to young prayer. but still, not really similar enough that i would compare them

>Tfw I read that as "noise retarded"

le emphatize master

>fuck Panda
>marry Avey
>kill Geo
>start a lifelong friendship, travel the world and shoot some mexican mud with the motherfucking DEAK

Deakin seems to be as much a folk nut as a noise nut.
Geo is kinda into noise but he is more about texture, close to psychedelic electronica and ambient.
Both Panda and Avey are kind of child-like, but you're right -Avey is sadder and quirkier.

Avey is best animal of the collective confirmed.