How come Elvis is considered the king of rock instead of these guys?

How come Elvis is considered the king of rock instead of these guys?

because they both suck

That makes no sense... -_-

because normies are cancer

I have no idea. the world doesn't make much sense

But do normies even like Elvis?

I have only met one legit Elvis fan in my life. I don't even really hear Elvis talked about on the internet, while I hear about Spiderland fairly often, at least on Sup Forums

>not liking Elvis
kys

Based Mike Matei loves Elvis and he has a 10 inch cock

Spiderland is literally the most overrated album ever made. Not even memein.
People like to act like this safe boring shit is the greatest album ever.

Mike Matei is pretty based but I am just now learning about this and that is still only like 1 other guy.

What project has Elvis put out that equals or surpasses spiderland?

In terms of influence or How good it is?
Or both?

Elvis had mainstream appeal and st one point was the most famous person in the world. Slint truly changed rock music. The only problem is that Spiderland had little recognition when it came out and you can even make an argument saying that it's still pretty unknown. Spiderland is fantastic but it's also a cult hit. That's just my take.

I'm sure this is a joke and I have taken it as such.
7/10 joke

In terms of how good it is

My mixtape

Elvis is one of the truly essential figures of rock music. He is a god. Without Elvis, the history of pop music would be very different and much poorer.
Learn history.

Elvis?

That's great and all, but in terms of actual musical quality he should not be the King of rock.

So slint is any better?

Yes, way better

B8.

You really listen to both Elvis and Slint and don't think one is superior to the other?

You could easily make the argument that neither are worthy of the title King/s of Rock, but do you really think Slint isn't more deserving of the title than Elvis?

I'm astounded by the amount of people who express disdain for Spiderland on this board recently. if I had to guess this is probably due to the natural contrarian attitude that emerges once something becomes a bit known (not bashing the people who do this, cause i do the same). a few years ago you would be fucked up the ass with a live bat for not liking this album, next thing you tell me that people dont like Remain In Light (or just any other Sup Forumscore).

Look lad, Spiderland is really good, but Slint's other projects aren't that great. The King of Rock should be some band or person that has had countless masterpieces released. Anyway Elvis is the King of Rock n Roll not just rock. Rock n Roll is like popular 50's music.

Yeah the spiderland hate makes me really sad. It's quite the album

is this real are there actually people who think slint is even good? let alone comparable to one of the most succesful song writers and performers the world has ever seen. elvis a man anyine can identify at any generation compared to slint this has to be bait or your are just fucking mentally retarded

Spiderland's in my top 10 all time, but to think that it comes close to Elvis' influence is kinda dumb. Actually no it's the dumbest shit on the planet. What the dude was doing along with Chuck Berry back in those days is the foundation for a band like Slint to even exist. Yeah it's not technical or doesn't carry any depth, but it doesn't have to since all post 50s music has been a ripoff or another or his kind of music.

So just name 1 project Elvis has done that equals or surpasses Spiderland in terms of quality.

Literally just 1

Slint may be the kings of post rock or whatever but Elvis is the king of rock as a whole.

I know who you are sonny

Forcing Jerry Lee Lewis into obscurity so he could kill all of his wives and get away with it each time.

cool meme

The only meme is acting like it's not true, like the public has done for decades.

All of Elvis' Sun singles
His RCA debut
His follow-up
His first gospel record
From Elvis in Memphis
68 Comeback
Elvis at Stax
His final performance of Unchained Melody
Most of his live output.

And that's coming from someone who thinks Spiderland is very good.

/mu will stop being silly about Elvis someday. They'll figure it out. When they do, I'll be very excited!

This.

Elvis was part of a generational shit from three decades ago, of he wouldn't be talked about much. You don't see that many people talking about Bing Crosby either.

>not mentioning Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old)
pleb
*three generations ago, damn it

Naw, Elvis is the king of Rock, Rock n Roll, and pop.

He could've also been the king of country and gospel if he'd continued further into that direction.

Elvis was a worls-ending talent. Guy came up in the early days of rockabilly, saw it through into rock and roll (while also being a top-notch blues singer, county singer, and gospel singer) and then disappeared into movies and movie soundtracks for nearly a decade (which started out great and was pretty lame at the end) and then re-emerged into an entirely different musical scene in 1968 and put out only some of his best work, but his most popular.

The myth that he got fat and sad in Las Vegas is a straight-up lie. Keep in mind that he took his Vegas residency at a time when it was a cool, established thing for performers to do (way before Wayne Newton cheese), and performed his heart out every night until his death.

He wasn't even fat, he was just off-and-on bloated because he had a Hollywood doctor he trusted feeding him pills, feeding off his fame, and killing him.

You can even look at pictures from his last months on earth and see how one week he'll look chubby and pale, and a week later look as handsome and as svelte as he did in 1968.

Poor, poor Elvis.

That's a great record. Good buddy, how do we get these people into Elvis?

This might be an odd way to go about it but..pic related is the compilation that made me *get* Elvis.

Dim Lights, Thick Smoke and Hillbilly Music is a compilation series showing the hits (and songs that deserved to be hits) of country music from the end of World War II to the start of the 70s. This particular piece of the series obviously focuses on 1954. It has all your normal honky tonk, country pop, etc. and then Elvis comes on at the end and...I don't even know how to describe it, I really don't. I'd heard Elvis before listening to this, obviously, I'd liked what I heard but I'd be lying if I said I loved it. This changed that. It was genuinely a spiritual experience. This comp puts Elvis into context like no book or movie could ever do.

Wow I've never even heard of this. Thank you so much, good buddy.

>Dim Lights, Thick Smoke and Hillbilly Music

Holy fuck Bear Family puts out incredible stuff

Literally none of those are as good as spiderland....

Slint are the kings of shit.

Expected from a 12 year old.

Hey bud, wait at least an hour or so to make a response to the post about a compilation that's an hour long.

>67042800
I've listened to them before....

Work on your bullshitting m8. Right now it's at a 2, it could be at a 4 if you put in the effort.

At the time they very much were and no one outside of Sup Forums knows spiderland even exists.The same can not be said for Elvis who was famous world wide. Spiderland is meme music. Elvis was the real innovator. Elvis influenced far more musicians then Slint. Only someone 25 or under would disagree

Remain in Light is so shit. It's a catchy experiment that marked the sound of the most awfully dull decade of music.

Spiderland did something barely similar for one of the few golden ages of popular music.

They're not even close to each other.