ITT: Plunderphonics/Sample Based Music thread

I'm want to start making some sample based music, any albums that can give me a good feel of this type of music?

Sample based/Plunderphonics albums I've listened to:

Endtroducing...
Since I Left You
Wildflower
Madvillainy
Almost every MF DOOM solo album
Illmatic
Good kid MAAD city
TPAB
Discovery
Person Pitch
Floral Shoppe
The Money Store
Ex military
Every Kanye album up to MBDTF (except 808s) and TLOP

Don't really remember any other examples at the moment, also, if you have any tips on sampling (songs that you should never sample, good DAWs, how to authorize a sample, artists that dont like being sampled, etc.) that would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tomppabeats
youtube.com/watch?v=pxdIOmNuNTk
hanz.feltzine.us
live-god-records.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-beauty
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you wanna do hip hop stuff, get an MPC. I've used both an MPC and a DAW and I prefer the MPC. It's not as busy as a daw and isn't loaded w/ a bunch of shit you don't need. The sequencer is also fine. The workflow takes some practice to get used to, but once you do, you can fly through stuff.

>Negativland
>Girl Talk
>The Avalanches
>OPN / Chuck Person
>Vektroid
>t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者
>death dynamic shroud.wmv
>luxury elite

These are good examples of good sampling. Also, pic related is probably the best (and the only) plunderphonics album ever. 10/10.

As for sampling material, just find stuff that sounds good to you that would sound cool chopped up, slowed down, layered, etc. I've found some really neat shit in 25 cent bins at thrift stores. Also, generally anything w/ black people in the band is going to sound good

soundcloud.com/tomppabeats

Tomppabeats is chill af

Luxury Elite has to be one of the biggest hacks. His sample material is easily identifiable and most of his shit sounds the same. He uses the same drum sound and synth sounds (if he even uses them) for everything

Best way to find sample material is just going through bargain bins or thrift stores and picking up whatever looks interesting. You could end up finding something you actually like too, so that's always a bonus.

As for artists who don't like being sampled, don't sample Rolling Stones or The Beatles ever. It's usually better to keep what you sample obscure so it's harder for people to know what it is, and end up with less or no legality issues.

This

luxury elite is a girl, btw.

This goes under the radar for its sample work but bush's use of the fairlight cmi makes for a stark change from her early stuff,makes the production alot more jagged and angsty

explains everything

First of all, it's a "her"

Second, I disagree with the fact that her samples are easily identifiable. She takes them from very obscure sources

Is it the new craze in vapor wave to be trans?

She's 100% female lol

the books

OP here, how do you sample from youtube videos, I know death grips has done that before

yutub 2 mp3

this shit has cool simples from beginning to end
youtube.com/watch?v=pxdIOmNuNTk

luxury elite is not transgender

see:

Also there's a free download on the website if you click on the image
>hanz.feltzine.us

Never really have the chance to post this, but I made an album recently that was very plundery. More ambient and musique concrete style, made almost %90 with free tapes of church sermons/lounge music/bs with a few TV, wire-recordings and records sampled as well.

live-god-records.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-beauty

Like it so far. Where did you source your samples from?

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is a must listen

Agreed, sorry luxury (obviously itt)

bump

have you listened to any of the albums posted itt?

This album is fun as hell

of course